Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Cheesy Beans

Didn't Staveley herself say it wasn't over?

Absolutely.

She also provided an interview with Caulkin asking supporters and the media to ram the pressure on - which they now have.

If the deal was off, why haven’t the PL received a withdrawal to the O&D test? Without a formal withdrawal, the test continues. All Staveley has done is ramp the pressure up.

The statement withdrawing the bid is fairly pointless, the original bid/deal had already expired but the O&D test was continuing. Ashley will agree fresh terms at any point with the consortium, as soon as the PL give the green light.

I'm a bit cynical about this MP stuff... Just keeping their constituents happy, easy PR win.

PR is what we want though.  That last letter is straight and to the point. :thup:

I'm a bit cynical about this MP stuff... Just keeping their constituents happy, easy PR win.

They'd be a brave soul to not raise it if they're recieving a boatload of requests.

Easy PR win for both I suppose.but I won't be voting for Alan Campbell again after the revelations in here  :lol:

Will be interesting to see if they can continue with their usual "it's a confidential process" type replies or whether this will prompt actual detailed response and/or opening up of the process.

Do we know how many MPs has written to the PL yet?

And how many people have signed the petition now?

6000 people have emailed there MP.

Around 10/15 MPs have then written the the Premier League.

85000 people have signed the petition.

Will be interesting to see if they can continue with their usual "it's a confidential process" type replies or whether this will prompt actual detailed response and/or opening up of the process.

Not sure they can open up to much without having made a decision, they’re in a very tricky position here. I don’t want to get to bullish to believe we’ve got them cornered, because I think they’ll eventually come out with some wishy washy statement and we’ll be no further forward.

We either need govt pressure behind the scenes based on the economic impact of this decision, or we have to hope the PL are currently re engaging with the consortium and trying to reach a compromise.

Guest reefatoon

Do we know how many MPs has written to the PL yet?

And how many people have signed the petition now?

6000 people have emailed there MP.

Around 10/15 MPs have then written the the Premier League.

85000 people have signed the petition.

That’s superb that mind. Also so many more people signing up to NUST too. Loving everyone pulling together mind, very heartening.