Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Cheesy Beans

interesting that it confirms the storys about the prem offering independent arbitration to solve the issue which they rejected. The question I'd ask is why would they ever reject that?

Because the very people the PL think are involved (such as MBS) don’t want to be involved and independent arbitration would need their involvement.

As others have said - MBS couldn’t give two s***s about NUFC and this is more hassle than is acceptable.

Only resolution to this is if PIF can prove no involvement from MBS or the PL make some concessions.

Talks remain ongoing though, internally with the consortium and MA to find a resolution before they plan on representing it to the PL.

See, I think I take you to account because you state things as if you know them as fact, rather than presenting them as opinion.

However, benefit of the doubt, do you have a real source or are you basing things on what journalists are telling us?

Staveley is done btw, looks like she's played a game she was never going to win. Perhaps she's currently hunting down Mauriss.

“Take me to account” :lol: Calm down Judge Rinder. Not sure where I’ve said any of the above information is fact.

As I’ve said numerous times, I’ll share what I know or have heard and people can read it and believe it or not.

What is giving the impression to people that talks are still ongoing?

I think it's pretty clear from the murmerings from all involved that we haven't heard the end of it. The statements from all of the buyers for a start, plus little tidbits of information coming from relatively well placed journalists.

its sounding like desperation from Stavely specifically, theres nothing to indicate PIF are in any way interested in restarting this.

One thing the PL failed to explain is why it took 3 months to decide on what the ownership structure of the club would look like.

A staggering amount of time for the most important factor in the takeover.

I think it was an early factor tbh. Seems to me that they were happy to wait for the consortium to come up with an answer which they could never come up with, so it just sat dormant for 17 weeks.

Guest Cheesy Beans

interesting that it confirms the storys about the prem offering independent arbitration to solve the issue which they rejected. The question I'd ask is why would they ever reject that?

Because the very people the PL think are involved (such as MBS) don’t want to be involved and independent arbitration would need their involvement.

As others have said - MBS couldn’t give two s***s about NUFC and this is more hassle than is acceptable.

Only resolution to this is if PIF can prove no involvement from MBS or the PL make some concessions.

Talks remain ongoing though, internally with the consortium and MA to find a resolution before they plan on representing it to the PL.

if your trying to find a resolution you do not reject a chance at independent arbitration to try and solve the impasse. They did its over

You do if you don’t want to get involved in it, because you’re not involved. As I said above.

What is giving the impression to people that talks are still ongoing?

I think it's pretty clear from the murmerings from all involved that we haven't heard the end of it. The statements from all of the buyers for a start, plus little tidbits of information coming from relatively well placed journalists.

its sounding like desperation from Stavely specifically, theres nothing to indicate PIF are in any way interested in restarting this.

Except for both Stavely and the Reuben's releasing statements that "ALL PARTIES" still want it to happen?

See, I think I take you to account because you state things as if you know them as fact, rather than presenting them as opinion.

However, benefit of the doubt, do you have a real source or are you basing things on what journalists are telling us?

Staveley is done btw, looks like she's played a game she was never going to win. Perhaps she's currently hunting down Mauriss.

“Take me to account” :lol: Calm down Judge Rinder. Not sure where I’ve said any of the above information is fact.

As I’ve said numerous times, I’ll share what I know or have heard and people can read it and believe it or not.

You don't see how that reads as someone stating fact? Christ.

Need a response from PIF for closure on this.

They have already responded when they withdrew their bid to buy the club. They don't have to comment anything, because only thing PIF has said is that it's over. For some reason so many still believed that it's not, mainly based on dodgy tweets.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Not at all, otherwise it would say:

‘I know...’

or

‘It’s factual that...’

or

‘*** told me...’

They have already responded when they withdrew their bid to buy the club. They don't have to comment anything, because only thing PIF has said is that it's over. For some reason so many still believed that it's not, mainly based on dodgy tweets.

Then why is Staveley asking for support from the fans on an issue that we can’t influence if that’s the case?

Not at all, otherwise it would say:

‘I know...’

or

‘It’s factual that...’

or

‘*** told me...’

I actually can't be bothered to respond to you anymore. Hope your positivity works at the end of the day. If it doesn't, take care of yourself.

I just don’t get what Staveley was hoping for when she knew all of this. Did she want the PL to spill the beans to cover her own back? We could have had a million people sign the petition but if the main people with the funds aren’t playing ball it’s a massive waste of time

Guest Cheesy Beans

The why is Staveley asking for support from the fans on an issue that we can’t influence if that’s the case?

This is complete speculation - but maybe the support is to show to MBS and KSA, to encourage them to engage in the test?

Why can’t PIF just come out and publicly say the deal is dead and they are moving on, or they are taking these steps to try and revive it...

They have already done that in July.

“With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club,” it read. “We do so with regret, as we were excited and fully committed to invest in the great city of Newcastle and believe we could have returned the club to the position of its history, tradition and fans’ merit.

“Unfortunately, the prolonged process under the current circumstances coupled with global uncertainty has rendered the potential investment no longer commercially viable. To that end, we feel a responsibility to the fans to explain the lack of alternatives from an investment perspective.

“As an autonomous and purely commercial investor, our focus was on building long-term value for the club, its fans and the community as we remained committed to collaboration, practicality and proactivity through a difficult period of global uncertainty and significant challenges for the fans and the club.

“Ultimately, during the unforeseeably prolonged process, the commercial agreement between the Investment Group and the club’s owners expired and our investment thesis could not be sustained, particularly with no clarity as to the circumstances under which the next season will start and the new norms that will arise for matches, training and other activities.

“As often occurs with proposed investments in uncertain periods, time itself became an enemy of the transaction, particularly during this difficult phase marked by the many real challenges facing us all from Covid-19

“We feel great compassion for the Newcastle United fans with whom we shared a great commitment to help Newcastle United harness its tremendous potential and build upon its impressive and historic legacy while working closely with the local community.

“We would like to say that we truly appreciated your incredible expressions of support and your patience throughout this process. We are sorry it is not to be. We wish the team and everyone associated with it much good luck and success.”

What a waste off everybody's time this whole farce has been.

Staveley's "unfair" claim looks ridiculous in context.

She's not trustworthy. Some need that spelling out in simple terms for them.

Here come the ‘I told you so’s’

Fuckin bore

Better than being a a fuckin gullible bore like yourself.

What a waste off everybody's time this whole farce has been.

Staveley's "unfair" claim looks ridiculous in context.

She's not trustworthy. Some need that spelling out in simple terms for them.

Here come the ‘I told you so’s’

Fuckin bore

Better than being a a fuckin gullible bore like yourself.

Good patter mate.

I really hope Staveley ends up finding someone to buy the club, if only to piss Sean off.  :p

Theres no danger of that ever happening. She will probably keep playing with some of your heartstrings for a laugh though.

Guest Cheesy Beans

I really hope Staveley ends up finding someone to buy the club, if only to p*ss Sean off.  :p

Theres no danger of that ever happening. She will probably keep playing with some of your heartstrings for a laugh though.

Yeah, she brought together a consortium, made a bid to buy a club, spent tens of millions of pounds, time and effort - just to mess with Newcastle United fans.

Seems plausible Sean. You’re spot on, she wasn’t genuine from the start.

PIF aren't going to compromise on the principal matter raised in that letter, hence the rejection of an independent arbitration and eventual withdrawal

It's over

And so is the idea of a competing NUFC.  Bring on relegation as we aren't premier league material