Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Such a patronising wanker. Quite typical attitude of the press towards this

These free pass wankers with their Twitter tripe can get fucked. I’m not even raving on the idea of Saudi money but seeing as sure as night follows day we’ll be asked to cough up for multiple subscriptions/season tickets etc having an answer is probably fair enough. Wish people would wise up to what it is mind - generating engagements

Essentially the O&D test itself doesn’t really lend itself to state-type acquisitions. But PL are applying it regardless. My issue with the whole thing is that this is not what the O&D test is for. It should be to stop unscrupulous owners with insufficient funds ruining a community asset, a football club. It is actually being applied here to do the reverse.

this is a good summary, in fact i'd have some sympathy with the PL if there was any track record of MBS interfering in PIF and what it gets up to but as far as i understand it he's handed it over to the lad al rumayyan (sp) and he is in complete control, have never heard anyone suggesting MBS has any practical involvement with PIF, has anyone else?

He's the fucking Chairman.

It's about as cut and dried as it gets that he has the power to make decisions.

Essentially the O&D test itself doesn’t really lend itself to state-type acquisitions. But PL are applying it regardless. My issue with the whole thing is that this is not what the O&D test is for. It should be to stop unscrupulous owners with insufficient funds ruining a community asset, a football club. It is actually being applied here to do the reverse.

this is a good summary, in fact i'd have some sympathy with the PL if there was any track record of MBS interfering in PIF and what it gets up to but as far as i understand it he's handed it over to the lad al rumayyan (sp) and he is in complete control, have never heard anyone suggesting MBS has any practical involvement with PIF, has anyone else?

He's the fucking Chairman.

It's about as cut and dried as it gets that he has the power to make decisions.

yes we all know this, he's also the de facto ruler of an entire country and incredibly unlikely to be fucking about deciding who NUFC sign on a daily basis which is why he has someone running it

as prophet says then just reject the bid if this is the issue no?  or approve it and the first hint he's secretly playing football manager 2030 in the background then apply the test for the next season, which they're supposed to do anyway, and tell PIF to change it or GTF

EDIT:  also was it man city that was bought with a proxy, he installed someone in a company to buy and ostensibly run the club?  if so why would that be remotely different from an investment fund doing it?  both have people in the background that could influence things

Guest ClintonBaptiste

Seems odd that the premier league think it gets a say on who is on the board of a private company.

I’m quite astounded by the level of interference from them. They are clearly over stepping the mandate the have given themselves.

Don't understand this at all. The owners test is all about making sure people who control a club match up to the leagues standards how can they do that by ignoring directors. They clearly feel mbs is in a position of authority over PIF and this the consortium and do should be named on it. You may disagree with that but it's completely within their remit

Subjecting him to the test Is within the remit.

Dictating who is on the board of directors isn’t.

If they want to subject him to the test that’s fine, if he fails said test that’s also fine. But that isn’t what’s happening here.

For some reason he is not being put forward for the test and the PL quite rightly are saying he should.

Hes a murdering bastard .

Next question .

Guest Cheesy Beans

PIF’s argument is the PL are not being consistent in their test. When else have they demanded everyone related to the company should be put through the test?

If NUST had a share - would all 14,000 need to be tested? As they’d all have an influence in some way.

Of course not, it’s about being proportionate.

KSA have given their highest assurances that MBS will not be involved in the running of the club, he’s not listed anywhere as being involved, so PL should be happy with that.

I’d argue Putin has more potential to get involved at Chelsea, than MBS ever would at NUFC.

Such a patronising wanker. Quite typical attitude of the press towards this

This view should be quite unbelievable, but knowing our gutter press it's totally normal.

We shouldn't have any official line because, you know, it's just fucking obvious.

What a rediculous statement ffs. If it's so obvious the PL can happily reject this bid and allow one of their member clubs to actually try and function?

They've fucked up, I don't care about the moral arguement or the piracy arguement (I do obviously), they've pussy footed out of a decision for whatever reason.

One can only assume it's because it doesn't stand up.

If that’s the reason the Premier League has rejected it (or can’t accept it) then say so and we can all move on from this limbo stage.

I’m desperate for this takeover but if there’s concerns about who’s making decision when they’ve got an 80% stake in the club then it’s a valid one. Someone needs to be accountable. If they got bored of the club and didn’t invest who as a fan base do we look to?

Make a decision on it and let us know. If there’s a work around trying to be done let us know. Stavely has asked for the support/pressure the fan base and NUST has delivered. We’re now approaching the stage where every party has disregarded the fan base.

If that’s the reason the Premier League has rejected it (or can’t accept it) then say so and we can all move on from this limbo stage.

I’m desperate for this takeover but if there’s concerns about who’s making decision when they’ve got an 80% stake in the club then it’s a valid one. Someone needs to be accountable. If they got bored of the club and didn’t invest who as a fan base do we look to?

Make a decision on it and let us know. If there’s a work around trying to be done let us know. Stavely has asked for the support/pressure the fan base and NUST has delivered. We’re now approaching the stage where every party has disregarded the fan base.

This doesn’t really make sense though. The decision maker will be whomever at the PIF has the authority to make the decisions as it would be in any other company.

In terms of responsibility and accountability that would be with whoever is listed as the director of the club.

If they want to fail this because of MBS then they should go ahead and fail it and publish the reason why. The ridiculous stalling which is taking place has now become the issue.

There's no way they can be allowed to let this run into the new season. I do feel the consortium need to communicate with the fans again to let us know the true position.

Offer withdrawn. The end.

There's no way they can be allowed to let this run into the new season. I do feel the consortium need to communicate with the fans again to let us know the true position.

Offer withdrawn. The end.

And you were so confident it was going ahead. Your sources say it's certainly off too?

I would recommend everyone take Staveley comments at face value personally.

Unfortunately, nothing material seems to have changed.

Agreed.

It's been a very quiet week.

My tiny bit of renewed optimism at the start of this week is starting to crumble away again, the whole thing is needlessly cruel, but here I am still F5ing whenever I get chance.

:okay:

You mean like the last 13 years?

Exactly like that. The overall point being we need to know where we stand though

Exactly like that. The overall point being we need to know where we stand though

Agreed.  The club cannot be allowed to exist in it's current state.  The whole thing is doing my box in. 

there will be no issues  >  oops, there a few issues

can't comment due to NDA's  >  all these 'sources' from EPL appear in gutter press articles

we have rules to follow  >  but well throw in all sorts of other shit not contained in our rules

send a letter and get a template reply back  >  we have meetings with other parties about the takeover

decision due 'shortly'  >  17 weeks later

bid withdrawn  >  not really withdrawn

mauriss bid exists  >  he doesn't exist

deal collapses due to fat mike  >  ashley had nowt to do with it and been top bloke

talks are still ongoing  >  talks have stopped due to bid being withdrawn

pressure is working  >  it's having no affect at all

government involved  >  not getting involved

penn is luke  > luke isn't penn

Fuck it all!!  Someone just wake me when it's over.  :crazy2: