Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

People are quite right to say if the MBS not being named director (which sorry he clearly has very clear influence so can't the objections to why the premier league shouldnt demand he be subject to the checks) was the clear reason we 'failed' the checks then why didn't the premier league just fail us and annouce that a while ago, I agree completely this is strange. Possible that this leak isn't true, other possibility is the premier league were willing to pass it with MBS' name on it but he was not willing to put his name on directors?

Premier league have acted obliquely without transparency. I could understand if the premier league said no we feel that MBS in his involvement with an assassination and bombing yemen is beyond the pale and we do not want him involved in the league, I share similar distaste for the man and may think well how come our football club is a step too far and all the other business we accept from them isn't (and all the other owners arent etc etc etc)

People keep talking about since they haven't totally outright stopped it it must be inevitable, but in my experience the longer something is delayed and takes, the less likely ultimately it is to happen. I've not totally given up hope, that would be daft, but I agree should take Staverley's last statement as most likely state of affairs, that the bid is to all intents and purposes dead. A miracle could happen but I doubt it.

Question, is the analogy accurate?:

For all these companies ----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprises_of_the_United_Kingdom

If they make any acquisitions, eg: BBC acquiring a small radio station..........

The governing body approving the acquisition, could ask Boris Johnson to be "tested" or be on the board?

There is no similar test for normal companies. This test is the PL only. So if the BBC bought a club then yes it would be the same situation.

If the 110k who signed the petition told the PL they were going to cancel their Sky subscription unless they gave a decision and/or explained why they couldn't we might get some answers.  100k subscriptions cancelled would at a very conservative estimate lead to sky losing £5m each month.

Guest Cheesy Beans

No need for s*** like that. They either have news or they don't. Cryptic s**** is no good for anyone.

What's with the #nufctakover s**** too? takover?

They’re under an NDA - they can’t give updates.

People have asked for hints/clues it is ongoing, that is what has now happened, yet people just moan about that too.

There's no way they can be allowed to let this run into the new season. I do feel the consortium need to communicate with the fans again to let us know the true position.

Offer withdrawn. The end.

And you were so confident it was going ahead. Your sources say it's certainly off too?

My (club) source obviously hadn’t a scooby!

You just know this is being ignored until it fades away. Very much like the barnard castle eye test: Every fucka knows it’s wrong but the chiefs have decided it’s not important we get resolution.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Is that actually Ghodoussi would be my first question though.

His ‘likes’ on Twitter are interesting viewing, if it is actually him.

Guest Cheesy Beans

The account only being active since April makes me suspicious it isn’t actually him...

The account only being active since April makes me suspicious it isn’t actually him...

I don't do twitter tbh, but when I look at his profile it says April 2009?

Looks like they are doing a protest flag using the old Qatar flag

They got the colour wrong, that looks more like Bahrain.

That IS Bahrain. Jesus Christ

Bahrain only has five white spikes.

No need for shit like that. They either have news or they don't. Cryptic shite is no good for anyone.

What's with the #nufctakover shite too? takover?

Aye, that's fucking bollocks, him posting that. Not on.