Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Will all be done in the next 14 days I’m told. #hope #wait #soon #cans

You should be banned from this forum for playing people feelings constantly.

Eh? I’m one of the least of members who play people’s feelings and when I do spout s****, as tiresome as it may be, the older members will know at least not to take anything seriously enough and nor should anyone else.

Anyway, if it doesn’t go through soon, I predict another takeover saga in January!

I know you since your Hitzfeld for toon campaign. I use to respect you a lot but I think you lost the plot. This takeover really twists our hearts and feelings like no other. No one knows when it could or not end in anyway or another. So better not wind people up and get reaction you know better.

Get a grip of yourself man.

This bloke (the judge) is a complete asshole and wind up merchant.  As he says, just put on ignore or block.  I personally love to see him squirm when he is massively wrong (most of the time).  Ask him any question on NUFC and he is stumped.  Mackem through and through.

What you got planned this weekend mate?

:lol:

there is a point there - if you're at least spouting original material people don't mind the shit posting as much. but recycling the same 1 gag for 300 years just builds contempt.

See: the discman

Guest Howaythetoon

Give over man, this whole thread and indeed our club is a total waste of anyone’s time, one poxy shitty post of mine is no more or no less as pointless in the whole scheme of it all as anything else right now and more fool anyone who read my post and thought anything of it other than the complete horse shit it is.

Real world problems ————————————————————————————- > my post/this tread/this takeover/our club

Right now of course!

Although i agree that our takeover is trivial(as you point out) compared with the world problems at the moment......Football, never the less, is a major part of our life as we “sleep,eat and drink” every aspect of the clubs (Mis)fortunes. Some of us have been lurking this forum for years and only recently started to contribute, some are relatively new members and some of us are susceptible to every positive tweet we read, be it on this forum, twitter or any other media outlet.....personally I believe every positive tweet i read (to my own cost).....i always appreciate any news that come peoples way, even if it turns out to be a bit ambitious with its authenticity, but I’m sure these folk are quite convinced that they might have some up to date info and wish to share it....its then up to us to decide whether we want to believe it or not.....i like HTT’s long essays, i find them interesting and informative.....HOWEVER i wish he wouldn’t play the “it’s bullshit” tweet after raising our hopes that he might just have some info that might be correct....it’s no good saying “you know me” as a follow up afterwards...the damage has already been done!!......I would like to continue to read this thread in the hope that mebbies, just mebbies, there might just be a takeover before i fall off this “mortal Coil”....SUMMING UP, please people don’t publish you’re “funny” tweets......It’s no longer a joking matter.

If you or anyone is damaged by the contents of some random post of mine or anyone else’s for that matter on any platform never mind page 326 of a thread on a NUFC forum dedicated to the subject that is all things related to the takeover, then you’re damaged beyond repair and need to maybe stay away from this topic altogether.

I fear for anyone whose world will be crushed if in the next 2 weeks the takeover doesn’t go through which needs to go through after all this now for their sake the most of anyone, even if it’s too late now for any takeover to undo the damage already done.

If only I said 14 months and not days instead... what damage I’ve caused man!

Give over man, this whole thread and indeed our club is a total waste of anyone’s time, one poxy shitty post of mine is no more or no less as pointless in the whole scheme of it all as anything else right now and more fool anyone who read my post and thought anything of it other than the complete horse shit it is.

Real world problems ————————————————————————————- > my post/this tread/this takeover/our club

Right now of course!

Although i agree that our takeover is trivial(as you point out) compared with the world problems at the moment......Football, never the less, is a major part of our life as we “sleep,eat and drink” every aspect of the clubs (Mis)fortunes. Some of us have been lurking this forum for years and only recently started to contribute, some are relatively new members and some of us are susceptible to every positive tweet we read, be it on this forum, twitter or any other media outlet.....personally I believe every positive tweet i read (to my own cost).....i always appreciate any news that come peoples way, even if it turns out to be a bit ambitious with its authenticity, but I’m sure these folk are quite convinced that they might have some up to date info and wish to share it....its then up to us to decide whether we want to believe it or not.....i like HTT’s long essays, i find them interesting and informative.....HOWEVER i wish he wouldn’t play the “it’s bullshit” tweet after raising our hopes that he might just have some info that might be correct....it’s no good saying “you know me” as a follow up afterwards...the damage has already been done!!......I would like to continue to read this thread in the hope that mebbies, just mebbies, there might just be a takeover before i fall off this “mortal Coil”....SUMMING UP, please people don’t publish you’re “funny” tweets......It’s no longer a joking matter.

If you or anyone is damaged by the contents of some random post of mine or anyone else’s for that matter on any platform never mind page 326 of a thread on a NUFC forum dedicated to the subject that is all things related to the takeover, then you’re damaged beyond repair and need to maybe stay away from this topic altogether.

I fear for anyone whose world will be crushed if in the next 2 weeks the takeover doesn’t go through which needs to go through after all this now for their sake the most of anyone, even if it’s too late now for any takeover to undo the damage already done.

Amen.

Watched a bit of that bbc documentary on the billion pound property boom in Manchester. In episode 2 this swampy, tree hugging style character was doing a tour of some housing redevelopment in the city and complaining about it, turns out the development was by Abhu Dhabi. Anyway this older woman chipped in and shot him down, correctly pointing out the area was wasteland and nobody else would have ploughed any money into it.

When looking at the investment in Manchester it rams home what we’ve potentially lost out on. Apart from Pat Ritchie from Newcastle City Council, I’m unaware of any councillor who has stepped forward to raise this issue. Jamie Driscoll the mayor for North of the Tyne hasn’t made one utterance on this lost investment, and appears he is a complete waste of f***ing space in driving any inward investment, which is a major part of his mayoral duties.

The city was offered a gift horse that was ripped away, and our local politicians as a whole stand accused of doing f*** all apart from a few notable exceptions. Though there may be a political balance to be struck with Saudi involvement due to human rights, in this current climate the lack of any kick back is staggering and basically negligence.

The lack of any vision or passion from some local politicians in respect of this takeover, should not go unnoticed by the people of Newcastle when the next round of elections come round.

None of our local politicians appeared to do anything except fire off a letter to the Premier League, hoping to secure a few black and white votes in return. I get three or four letters from MPs every month at work; none of them did anything out of the ordinary here.

Right now of course!

Issue is your post wasn’t actually related to the takeover, it was just a complete load of tripe

None of our local politicians appeared to do anything except fire off a letter to the Premier League, hoping to secure a few black and white votes in return. I get three or four letters from MPs every month at work; none of them did anything out of the ordinary here.

Yeah they’ve ticked a box and fuck all else, however Jamie Driscoll and Newcastle City Council are responsible for driving investment in our city.

This takeover presented investment on a plate and they haven’t even stirred themselves. It’s an absolute disgrace which should be duly noted by thousands of voters who are desperate for this to happen.

Right now of course!

Unlike you HTT, I actually read ALL of your long tweets(and usually enjoy them)......if you had read the message in my tweet you will have noticed that I am fully committed to all news, however fanciful, about the takeover....I do I find it very difficult not to check in regularly to see if there are any updates, no matter how unlikely the present takeover might be...what I can’t get into my mind is pollsters throwing info into tweets then saying a while later it’s all bullshit and if you know me you know I’m just egging you all on....I’m afraid I don’t know any pollsters enough to know whether they actually may have second, third or fourth hand info or simply enjoy winding up readers......AND no, I’m not going to stop reading this thread.....after all I did ( to my regret) start it all those months ago.

You know they aint tweets right?

Sorry to sound pedantic or ignorant....I know tweets are on twitter but what do I call them on the forum!

Posts, man. The name on the button. :lol:

Right now of course!

Issue is your post wasn’t actually related to the takeover, it was just a complete load of tripe

Of course it was tripe. It was blatantly a piss take. Are people actually upset over this?

Wish the Reuben brothers and Amanda Staveley would put in a bid of their own, without the PIF.

Just buy the club and run it as a club should be run, with a little bit of ambition.

If Carlsberg did Toon Takeovers........

NUFC needs something as its in a deathly tailspin at the moment but Brucey boy doesn't or refuses to see it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Right now of course!

No different to 90% of the posts in here then, including your own I’m quoting which is less related to the topic of discussion than my original post was which at least included #cans and #soon etc. All takeover key jargon.

In all serious, if me posting obvious tripe in here bothers your or anyone else that much to make an issue out of a non issue then maybe you should keep away from reading anything takeover related. The next time I post something related to the takeover I’ll be sure to alert whoever is reading as to what they are about to embark on reading first by categorising all future posts under fact, rumour, tripe, fiction, opinion, ITK, tl;dr, hunch, prediction, wishful thinking, warning risk of damage etc. etc.

Anyway [OPINION] PIF won’t be back, they are out for good now and for PCP to carry it on they will need to find a new investor/s. [PREDICTION] She will be back in January to revive the takeover again, 3rd time lucky maybe?

Guest reefatoon

Wish the Reuben brothers and Amanda Staveley would put in a bid of their own, without the PIF.

Just buy the club and run it as a club should be run, with a little bit of ambition.

If Carlsberg did Toon Takeovers........

NUFC needs something as its in a deathly tailspin at the moment but Brucey boy doesn't or refuses to see it.

If Carlsberg did toon takeovers, it would have went through a couple of months back

Guest Howaythetoon

Right now of course!

Unlike you HTT, I actually read ALL of your long tweets(and usually enjoy them)......if you had read the message in my tweet you will have noticed that I am fully committed to all news, however fanciful, about the takeover....I do I find it very difficult not to check in regularly to see if there are any updates, no matter how unlikely the present takeover might be...what I can’t get into my mind is pollsters throwing info into tweets then saying a while later it’s all bullshit and if you know me you know I’m just egging you all on....I’m afraid I don’t know any pollsters enough to know whether they actually may have second, third or fourth hand info or simply enjoy winding up readers......AND no, I’m not going to stop reading this thread.....after all I did ( to my regret) start it all those months ago.

Fair enough :thup: but if my post or any post upsets people to the point of feeling damaged by a realisation that what they’ve read happens to be and obviously so in my case complete bull shit then they need to give themselves a good shake and get a grip.

Yeah they’ve ticked a box and fuck all else, however Jamie Driscoll and Newcastle City Council are responsible for driving investment in our city.

This takeover presented investment on a plate and they haven’t even stirred themselves. It’s an absolute disgrace which should be duly noted by thousands of voters who are desperate for this to happen.

Like Driscoll would ever get involved. The guy is on another planet and is there because the cranks in his wing of the Labour Party put him there. He'll be too busy writing another essay that barely anyone who doesn't already think he's great will read.

You know they aint tweets right?

Sorry to sound pedantic or ignorant....I know tweets are on twitter but what do I call them on the forum!

Sorry mate I was being a dick