Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

They didn't block anything, they tried their hardest to give PIF a way in - saying "no, but if you were to do this/that/the other we'll allow it" - despite there being the width of a cigarette paper between PIF and an organization that had been openly and blatantly pirating their product.

I'm f***ed off that it didn't go through and all, but all the conspiracy bollocks going is pathetic.

What a load of rubbish, they blocked it in the most calculated and cleverest method they could. I don’t rate Masters but the PL’s lawyers played a blinder.

We’ll not accept or reject you, but we’ll just leave it in limbo. However we’ll let you go to arbitration on one aspect of the test only which will probably take 12 months. You’ve even got to admire Masters for dressing it up as an olive branch, it’s clearly fooled some.

While I have no doubt it could have been handled better by the premier league it should never be forgotten that there is one man who is responsible for us being in the state of begging the league for us to be taken over by a warmongering asshole. In all this what aggravates me is Ashley gets to play the victim card and now we will deal with WELL HE TRIED TO SELL forever

They didn't block anything, they tried their hardest to give PIF a way in - saying "no, but if you were to do this/that/the other we'll allow it" - despite there being the width of a cigarette paper between PIF and an organization that had been openly and blatantly pirating their product.

I'm fucked off that it didn't go through and all, but all the conspiracy bollocks going is pathetic.

What an absolute pile of fucking shit. Lifting post.

I'm fucked off that it didn't go through and all, but all the conspiracy bollocks going is pathetic.

Hi Richard!

rage at him all you want, I think premier league has been slow and obtuse on this but largely agree with him. THe conspiracy against us is bollocks, we're just the first suckers to get hurt by a premier league bothering to actually block a takeover, which is typical of us.

Guest reefatoon

rage at him all you want, I think premier league has been slow and obtuse on this but largely agree with him. THe conspiracy against us is bollocks, we're just the first suckers to get hurt by a premier league bothering to actually block a takeover, which is typical of us.

They didn’t block it though, they put their heads in the sand and ignored it until it went away. Was f***ing pathetic handling and in no way them trying to pass it.

The way the takeover panned out and ultimately failed was because there was 1 way the epl could get the outcome they wanted and they used it..no coincidence at all , simply contrived and planned

They didn’t block it though, they put their heads in the sand and ignored it until it went away. Was f***ing pathetic handling and in no way them trying to pass it.

Exactly if they rejected it and provided a reason there would be no conspiracy theories. The allegation that they didn’t reject it because they weren’t confident of making that decision will always remain. Anyone who believes the offer of arbitration was them offering an olive branch to prevent rejection, needs to give their fucking head a shake.

I agree they should have outright block it, but they seem to have said, we cant pass you until MBS is named as a director then we will do the test on him, and then the consortium couldnt do that.

I do think they dragged it out way too long, I agree, noone comes out of this looking good, but its not a conspiracy, the premier league just is that obtuse, and of course we're the ones stiffed by it all. And of course this is cos we are the first tested under expanded fit and proper person rules, the doors are shut to new big takeovers now they've got enough of them i guess.

I agree they should have outright block it, but they seem to have said, we cant pass you until MBS is named as a director then we will do the test on him, and then the consortium couldnt do that.

I do think they dragged it out way too long, I agree, noone comes out of this looking good, but its not a conspiracy, the premier league just is that obtuse, and of course we're the ones stiffed by it all. And of course this is cos we are the first tested under expanded fit and proper person rules, the doors are shut to new big takeovers now they've got enough of them i guess.

Your first sentence is the whole point though, if the consortium do not believe MBS should be subjected to test then the PL should just reject it. Instead they refused to make a decision and left them with no option but to pull out. The PL then on the day the deal expired allegedly made a belated offer of arbitration.

This is before we even get into the realms of leaks and outside influences. Members of the NUST on a podcast basically accused Bill Bush of briefing certain members of the media.

There are people on here who believe conspiracy theories make us look stupid and paranoid, that’s their opinion and to be honest I can no longer be arsed to argue the toss. However, I will never believe the s*** Masters and co have come out with in relation to this takeover, and I 100% agree with Staveley where she accuses them of being disingenuous.

Your first sentence is the whole point though, if the consortium do not believe MBS should be subjected to test then the PL should just reject it. Instead they refused to make a decision and left them with no option but to pull out. The PL then on the day the deal expired allegedly made a belated offer of arbitration.

This is before we even get into the realms of leaks and outside influences. Members of the NUST on a podcast basically accused Bill Bush of briefing certain members of the media.

There are people on here who believe conspiracy theories make us look stupid and paranoid, and that’s their opinion and to be honest I can no longer be arsed to argue the toss. However, I will never believe the shit Masters and co have come out with in relation to this takeover, and I 100% agree with Staveley where she accuses them of being disingenuous.

Even knowing all that, you still think there is a chance? :lol:

There are people on here who believe conspiracy theories make us look stupid and paranoid, and that’s their opinion and to be honest I can no longer be arsed to argue the toss. However, I will never believe the s*** Masters and co have come out with in relation to this takeover, and I 100% agree with Staveley where she accuses them of being disingenuous.

Even knowing all that, you still think there is a chance? :lol:

Funnily enough I do but I’m not going to bang that drum anymore either, time will tell and I’m more than happy to let it just play out.

There are people on here who believe conspiracy theories make us look stupid and paranoid, that’s their opinion and to be honest I can no longer be arsed to argue the toss. However, I will never believe the s*** Masters and co have come out with in relation to this takeover, and I 100% agree with Staveley where she accuses them of being disingenuous.

I do agree with most of this. Premier league should have flat out said not in current form come back later if you want to fix it rather than th eneless wait. I do think Staverley was well intentioned and mostly honest, a little bit of me though wonders if they did play dumb about it to get fans riled up in hope that pressure would change master's mind. Still, it all leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

However I do want to go back to my point, that the consipracy everything against us narrative just helps ashley curry undeserved sympathy. Until someone buys us, and frankly we would have probably been bought by now if he wasn't such a famous cunt to deal with, our misery is on him.

Why wouldn't someone like AS just come out and say it was off if it was off? She's been pretty open with it in the past. Won't read much into Ahsley saying fuck all cos I think the confusion distracts from the utter shitshow at the club at the mo but Stavely, can't think of a single logical reason for why she's kept quiet.

Also think its telling that there was pretty much blanket coverage of "things going silent" which has proved to be the case, that feels like a deliberate message from the parties as if to say we will no longer be playing this out in public and rightly so.

I think this is still ongoing but I'm not confident at all of it going through at all.

I do agree with most of this. Premier league should have flat out said not in current form come back later if you want to fix it rather than th eneless wait. I do think Staverley was well intentioned and mostly honest, a little bit of me though wonders if they did play dumb about it to get fans riled up in hope that pressure would change master's mind. Still, it all leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

However I do want to go back to my point, that the consipracy everything against us narrative just helps ashley curry undeserved sympathy. Until someone buys us, and frankly we would have probably been bought by now if he wasn't such a famous c*** to deal with, our misery is on him.

In no way by blaming the PL should it be seen as condoning how Ashley is running the club. Almost lost in all this is the fact he wanted to renegotiate the deal once it had expired, even though Staveley didn’t blame him, he must have known how precarious the deal was at this point. The fact he was even willing to jeopardise the deal tells us all we need to know, and my current anger at the PL in no way diminishes my hatred for the man.

Why wouldn't someone like AS just come out and say it was off if it was off? She's been pretty open with it in the past. Won't read much into Ahsley saying fuck all cos I think the confusion distracts from the utter shitshow at the club at the mo but Stavely, can't think of a single logical reason for why she's kept quiet.

Also think its telling that there was pretty much blanket coverage of "things going silent" which has proved to be the case, that feels like a deliberate message from the parties as if to say we will no longer be playing this out in public and rightly so.

I think this is still ongoing but I'm not confident at all of it going through at all.

Also if it is 100% over, would there not have been recent activity on the companies house website, which as far as I can tell hasn’t happened (correct me if I’m wrong)?

Also if it is 100% over, would there not have been recent activity on the companies house website, which as far as I can tell hasn’t happened (correct me if I’m wrong)?

Dunno about that. Monochrome limited is still there :lol:

Is this still on?

No.

There is no suggestion from any angle or source that it's still a thing so for me, the deal is completely finished.

Everyone involved has moved on.

Shame I thought it would have been done by now. Very strange.

Reading between the lines there seems to be some sort of talks behind the scenes that they want to keep quiet. Caulkin mentioned something about if a bid could be revisited or words to that effect.

My gut feeling is there might be something going on but nothing pressing or imminent. At best if there’s a desire to make it happen there could be something in the future. I think realistically it’s dead though and I’m still gutted about that.