Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

None of our local politicians appeared to do anything except fire off a letter to the Premier League, hoping to secure a few black and white votes in return. I get three or four letters from MPs every month at work; none of them did anything out of the ordinary here.

Yeah they’ve ticked a box and f*** all else, however Jamie Driscoll and Newcastle City Council are responsible for driving investment in our city.

This takeover presented investment on a plate and they haven’t even stirred themselves. It’s an absolute disgrace which should be duly noted by thousands of voters who are desperate for this to happen.

Like Driscoll would ever get involved. The guy is on another planet and is there because the cranks in his wing of the Labour Party put him there. He'll be too busy writing another essay that barely anyone who doesn't already think he's great will read.

Yeah without getting political this bloke should not be in such a key role, labour maybe the party of choice for many up here, but this bloke is not fit for purpose in my view. As a region which is desperate for economic investment the lack of any kind of plan or vision is criminal.

After looking at the companies which are setting up in Manchester and jobs being created, we are light years behind and as the capital city of a large region we can be so much better.

With a plank like this in a key role, we are truly fucked.

PIF are gone. I don’t think they’ll be back to the table on this.

In my humblest, I think the only way a takeover happens is if Staveley wins her case against Barclays, or at least gets half of what she was looking for. Then the Reubens might come back in with her.

Guest reefatoon

In my humblest, I think the only way a takeover happens is if Staveley wins her case against Barclays, or at least gets half of what she was looking for. Then the Reubens might come back in with her.

Still don't think they will come in just the two of them. They had such a small percentage, they won't go in at 50/50. I do think Stavely is probably casting her net out to see if she can get other investors interested though. Agree with you that PIF are gone.

Still don't think they will come in just the two of them. They had such a small percentage, they won't go in at 50/50. I do think Stavely is probably casting her net out to see if she can get other investors interested though. Agree with you that PIF are gone.

Yup, having watched a few interviews with Yasir Al-Rumayyan, one thing you can be fairly certain of is that he’s not indecisive.

The deal would have made sense in early lockdown.. now several months later, with no clear sign of crowds being back and all the other financial implications of Covid, it’s a deal that stopped making sense to all but Newcastle supporters.

I think Mandy is invested in the club now, as a supporter perhaps now too. She won’t go away until there’s no options, but that might be another 2/3 years or more. Look how long it took to put together that consortium.

One thing Mike Ashley could do to open up the club to investment is by floating it again publicly?

Still can’t stomach the appetite for this season.

The thought of a relegation with Bruce and his clueless, ugly, thick face driving it. The alternative? A ‘successful’ season of finishing 14th, limping to cup exits and watching absolutely dire football whilst Bruce is lauded by some form of magician.

Utterly f***ing depressing.

I’m clinging to the small, but possible, chance of a takeover. Even if it’s not PIF, I’d roll the dice and take anyone at this stage, just for a bit of f***ing hope.

It's zero chance mate - the only thing I am looking forward to is the chance of Messi playing in the PL.  I am hoping fans aren't allowed back at all season so I can get my money back - yes I am idiot renewing.

Not being funny mate but the thought of Messi playing in the PL for the likes of Man City does f*** all for me. It’ll just merely reinforce the divide between the have’s and have not’s, whilst listening to pundits on Sky bore the rest of us talking about it.

Maybe I just don’t like football anymore but each to their own i suppose.

Ha ha! I mentioned yesterday about the nationals devoting 5 pages of headlines extolling the chances of Messi being bought by a middle east nation state funded Man City, and today the Times were running the same story across SEVEN pages of the digital edition. :lol:

Guest chicken little

They didn't block anything, they tried their hardest to give PIF a way in - saying "no, but if you were to do this/that/the other we'll allow it" - despite there being the width of a cigarette paper between PIF and an organization that had been openly and blatantly pirating their product.

I'm fucked off that it didn't go through and all, but all the conspiracy bollocks going is pathetic.

They didn't block anything, they tried their hardest to give PIF a way in - saying "no, but if you were to do this/that/the other we'll allow it" - despite there being the width of a cigarette paper between PIF and an organization that had been openly and blatantly pirating their product.

I'm fucked off that it didn't go through and all, but all the conspiracy bollocks going is pathetic.

Like fuck they did.

A point to know, we both know absolutely fuck all and are making assumptions not facts.

It’s reading stuff like this that makes me so sad, angry and frustrated

They didnt block the takeover?

As good as. If PIF didn’t pull out we’d still be waiting

Pull the other one.

Like fuck they did.

A point to know, we both know absolutely fuck all and are making assumptions not facts.

I am with bimpy on this.  The only reason this takeover did not happen was because of the corrupt EPL.  It was not Amanda's fault, nor the Reubens and not the PIF.  It was certainly not the fans fault or George Caulkin.  People must know the ONLY reason it stalled was entirely down to the EPL.

Like fuck they did.

I am with bimpy on this.  The only reason this takeover did not happen was because of the corrupt EPL.  It was not Amanda's fault, nor the Reubens and not the PIF.  It was certainly not the fans fault or George Caulkin.

People must know the ONLY reason it stalled was entirely down to the EPL.

I agree with Rod 100%

Like fuck they did.

I am with bimpy on this.  The only reason this takeover did not happen was because of the corrupt EPL.  It was not Amanda's fault, nor the Reubens and not the PIF.  It was certainly not the fans fault or George Caulkin.

People must know the ONLY reason it stalled was entirely down to the EPL.

I agree with Rod 100%

Same.