Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I gon f*** up. Apologies. Last thing I want is the heavyweights against me..

Grammar nazis do my head in though,  its pretentious as fuck. We get it, yeah. Enjoy that little dopamine its hard to get anywhere else in YOUR life isn't it?

It’s not pretentious at all, it’s pretty basic stuff.

It is pretentious. Online chat is a substitute for face to face chat. Nobody's labouring over letters to be read on your morning walk of the grounds.

If you spot the error you are clearly capable of understanding the intent. So just get on with it.

It’s not. Typos fair enough but in a country where people are telling immigrants to ‘speak English’, then it it’s not too much to expect that the natives can write using the basics of English.

"Gammon are out there telling people to 'speak english' ergo you have to execute it perfectly yourself" is among the worst rationalizations for grammar noncery I've ever seen. Have a word man. Take the L.

"Gammon are out there telling people to 'speak english' ergo you have to execute it perfectly yourself" is among the worst rationalizations for grammar noncery I've ever seen. Have a word man. Take the L.

Hes talkin bout them englishes, us forrins / imigants can say how we like

It's just ... such a stupid hill to die on. Pedantic stick-in-the-muddery of the highest order. No one ever sees that shit and thinks "wow nitpicking spelling is a good and useful contribution to a conversation " they just start fantasizing about stealing their lunch money.

It's just ... such a stupid hill to die on. Pedantic stick-in-the-muddery of the highest order. No one ever sees that shit and thinks "wow nitpicking spelling is a good and useful contribution to a conversation " they just start fantasizing about stealing their lunch money.

No-ones on any hill.

If you can’t differentiate when to use there, their and they’re or to, too and two then you shouldn’t be fucking typing.

If you seriously can’t then ‘do your own research’ and fucking google it. Jesus Christ people defending this shit man.

No-ones on any hill.

If you can’t differentiate when to use there, their and they’re or to, too and two then you shouldn’t be fucking typing.

If you seriously can’t then ‘do your own research’ and fucking google it. Jesus Christ people defending this shit man.

What if someone has struggled all their life with written language, due to difficulties in learning ?  Should they not be allowed to join in discussions ?

What if someone suffers from gigantic hands and struggles to make the correct keyboard strokes, should they be name called and attacked?

Buyers now want this signed off before the start of next year or will knock it on the head, before 2021 is their deadline.

Not sure if this is PIF, Reubens, Staveley or all 3.

Doesn’t sound encouraging when taken alongside your previous update, which indicated legals expect it to be next year ?

No-ones on any hill.

What if someone has struggled all their life with written language, due to difficulties in learning ?  Should they not be allowed to join in discussions ?

What if someone suffers from gigantic hands and struggles to make the correct keyboard strokes, should they be name called and attacked?

Yes, chase down and burn those giant handed freaks.

Oh I’ve got sausage fingers and make mistakes but it’s pretty obvious when someone has made a typo.

Like I said, it’s not difficult to learn three different words and when they’re used.

I always struggled with the to thing until I thought ‘why don’t I look that up’.

Buyers now want this signed off before the start of next year or will knock it on the head, before 2021 is their deadline.

So a few more weeks of fuck all from the PL, and their job is done?

Guest reefatoon

Mimms, can you let Nick De Marco know their deadline, he has no time poncing around painting Michael Hutchence next to a budgie

Guest reefatoon

Oh I’ve got sausage fingers and make mistakes but it’s pretty obvious when someone has made a typo.

Like I said, it’s not difficult to learn three different words and when they’re used.

I always struggled with the to thing until I thought ‘why don’t I look that up’.

Two right, their all a bunch of dickheads.

Aye, we should close the boarders

A apostrophe in dickhead's would of made that perfect 

Guest reefatoon

Two right, their all a bunch of di'ckheads

So what’s the hold up?

It seems from what has been reported that the only hold up was the PL’s insistence that the Saudi state/MbS should undergo the O&D test.

If there have been positive talks on that why would it then take months for the takeover to be signed off?

Along with a full stop

PL will just intentionally delay it then if that's the case  :lol:

Source?