Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The two people involved in this might have a lot of time on their hands and expertise in this area where the NUST haven’t and it’s not their sole purpose.

Well we’ll agree to disagree as I think it it is relevant that you are criticising volunteers for something you aren’t prepared to volunteer to do yourself. Easy to just sit back and criticise.

Masters was selected/approved by the clubs, (read big 6), was he not?

The leaked/rushed plan to 'destroy football as we know it and severely hamper competition emerging' wanted to dictate who could buy clubs. (Which would have been dressed up a new Owners and Directors Test no doubt, but more stringent).

So my theory, which is mine and nobody elses, is the people who designed that plan are the same ones who told Masters to delay, delay, delay - which in turn proves that dinosaurs really were thin at both ends.

Caveat: Other people may have reached this conclusion before me. I just got up.

The two people involved in this might have a lot of time on their hands and expertise in this area where the NUST haven’t and it’s not their sole purpose.

Well we’ll agree to disagree as I think it it is relevant that you are criticising volunteers for something you aren’t prepared to volunteer to do yourself. Easy to just sit back and criticise.

When push came to shove they folded like little lambs . Pathetic

There are a lot of pages in this thread without there being any progress at all towards there being a takeover. Fan groups and Ashley writing nasty letters and threatening the PL with legal action will do nothing. For this to go through the Saudi's will have to compromise big time and the PL will have to grow big enough balls to tell the big 6 that they are going to approve the takeover. Neither are ever going to happen.

Correct me

But the fact you feel the Saudis have to compromise and the PL need bigger balls to tell the big 6 what to do is exactly why Ashley and fan groups threatening legal action will be huge.

The PL rejected our takeover in ways that wasn't legal. That definitely matters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from everything I've read the PL never rejected the takeover never mind it being illegal, they asked for additional information about the make up of the proposed directors of the potential purchasers buying the club which the Saudi's apparently declined to do.

That's what the PL said. However our club said it was rejected and that all relevant documents was given to the PL when asked. Hence why Ashley has hired lawyers. Honestly I think if it genuinely couldn't be passed due to the Saudis then Ashley wouldn't bother.

Also if the lawyers looked at it and realised the PL made a fair decision then they would say sorry Mike you're wasting your time with this one. They see something and I truly think that it's that the PL have not done things by the book.

Since when has "our club" been a bastion of truth?

So no criticism from outside NUST is welcomed or to be listened to? Great attitude  :lol:

So no criticism from outside NUST is welcomed or to be listened to? Great attitude  :lol:

If it’s justified for sure. I still don’t think people understand what the role of NUST is and how it allows people like yourself to get involved in it.

If it’s justified for sure. I still don’t think people understand what the role of NUST is and how it allows people like yourself to get involved in it.

This is fair enough like.

That's a failing itself though, surely?

Whats the point of you defending them. Once they slept in with masters their reputation is dead. I would have giving them the benefit of doubt but the previous members ( like Thomas got re-elected ) so it is hopeless.

Whats the point of you defending them. Once they slept in with masters their reputation is dead. I would have giving them the benefit of doubt but the previous members ( like Thomas got re-elected ) so it is hopeless.

I try to defend them because the couple of people I know who are involved in it give up a hell of a lot of their free time unpaid for the long term good of the club. It’s a hard gig at any club I’d imagine but with our owners almost thankless. Seems to be the case with some of the fan base too.

I try to defend them because the couple of people I know who are involved in it give up a hell of a lot of their free time unpaid for the long term good of the club. It’s a hard gig at any club I’d imagine but with our owners almost thankless. Seems to be the case with some of the fan base too.

I reckon Strawberry posts on the internet wearing a life vest.

My personal view is that backing a spurious and futile legal attempt would be of little benefit to the Trust or anyone else for that matter. Read the letter, it's badly written noise. I'm still struggling to establish the standing required to bring such a claim. Serious legal action isn't played out on Twitter and through a local newspaper at letter before action stage.

So is MMA part of the seemingly coordinated strategy to put pressure on the PL or are they really just some random Twitter user, trying in their own small way to help ?

He's a random user with a funny twitter account & an inside scoop on the takeover.

My personal view is that backing a spurious and futile legal attempt would be of little benefit to the Trust or anyone else for that matter. Read the letter, it's badly written noise. I'm still struggling to establish the standing required to bring such a claim. Serious legal action isn't played out on Twitter and through a local newspaper at letter before action stage.

I got dogs abuse yesterday for pointing out it's badly written noise. It is though. The fact that the guy from Wor Fund is behind it has to be worrying also surely. And like you said, if it was serious there was no need to release it through Twitter. It's just strange.

Hopefully Ashley/the consortium/someone else has a better case waiting in the wings.

It is a volunteer thing if they dont fee like doing it they can leave. What they manage not to do when they meet Masters is crazy. If they feel they did a lot then there is no point having them.

I got dogs abuse yesterday for pointing out it's badly written noise. It is though. The fact that the guy from Wor Fund is behind it has to be worrying also surely. And like you said, if it was serious there was no need to release it through Twitter. It's just strange.

Hopefully Ashley/the consortium/someone else has a better case waiting in the wings.

The problem you have rightly or wrongly is that your constantly negative and slagging off staveley every chance you get so many don’t really care what you have to say anymore and just think your being negative for negatives sake or a wind up

Getting back on track got to take my hat off to mimms. He’s clearly got the inside track on this, let’s hope his prediction of good news over next few weeks and space in the fridge is also spot on.

This seems like a calculated move by all parties, let’s hope the PL haven’t got the cash or stomach for the fight.

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@NUFC360

As I keep saying to people, play it out - what will result from this - and join the dots. This is not just a fan effort.

It's so far back I don't want to check but did he predict good news in a couple of weeks. I know he predicted a statement, now, and something about a few weeks. But there is no way anybody can know that the outcome in a few weeks will be good.

A selection of mimms recent posts.

Progress I mentioned is due to a different direction that the lawyers have explored/exploited.

Last thing I’m saying on here. Been told there will be another statement this week.  O0

It maybe a few weeks before the champagne gets opened, but there will be positive news coming out more and more in the next few days then in the next few weeks.

Not completed yet but everything is going into the final stages.

If everything is going through the final stages, then what was the need for a threatening letter to the PL? Unless it really was unconnected with anyone at PIF and is genuinely fan led.

For me, a question mark currently sits over where the PL are in all of this. It'd be good to know if the buyers and their legal team are full of confidence because of direct communication from the PL or if that confidence is simply borne from them feeling they have a very strong case. Maybe the letters are extra pressure because they aren't getting the responses that they want from the PL.

Surely the papers served today goes against any ITK on here saying it was close because if it was then this wouldn’t be needed or have received the backing it has

There are only two people that appear to be ITK on here and neither have said it is close. Mimms has said that it may be a few weeks today but before that has always said that it would be months.

Mimms did say make sure you have cans or something along those lines but yesterday’s news shows is the takeover isn’t anywhere close to being back on.

Surely the papers served today goes against any ITK on here saying it was close because if it was then this wouldn’t be needed or have received the backing it has

There are only two people that appear to be ITK on here and neither have said it is close. Mimms has said that it may be a few weeks today but before that has always said that it would be months.

Mimms did say make sure you have cans or something along those lines but yesterday’s news shows is the takeover isn’t anywhere close to being back on.

Please don't say what he didn't say. He said you might want to make room for can's. However it will be few weeks later not now. Jesus

Please don't say what he didn't say. He said you might want to make room for can's. However it will be few weeks later not now. Jesus

:lol: