Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Getting back on track got to take my hat off to mimms. He’s clearly got the inside track on this, let’s hope his prediction of good news over next few weeks and space in the fridge is also spot on.

This seems like a calculated move by all parties, let’s hope the PL haven’t got the cash or stomach for the fight.

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@NUFC360

As I keep saying to people, play it out - what will result from this - and join the dots. This is not just a fan effort.

It's so far back I don't want to check but did he predict good news in a couple of weeks. I know he predicted a statement, now, and something about a few weeks. But there is no way anybody can know that the outcome in a few weeks will be good.

A selection of mimms recent posts.

Progress I mentioned is due to a different direction that the lawyers have explored/exploited.

Last thing I’m saying on here. Been told there will be another statement this week.  O0

It maybe a few weeks before the champagne gets opened, but there will be positive news coming out more and more in the next few days then in the next few weeks.

Not completed yet but everything is going into the final stages.

Didn't think of looking at his posts. I'm still dubious as to whether anybody can be certain about the outcome.

Getting back on track got to take my hat off to mimms. He’s clearly got the inside track on this, let’s hope his prediction of good news over next few weeks and space in the fridge is also spot on.

This seems like a calculated move by all parties, let’s hope the PL haven’t got the cash or stomach for the fight.

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@NUFC360

As I keep saying to people, play it out - what will result from this - and join the dots. This is not just a fan effort.

It's so far back I don't want to check but did he predict good news in a couple of weeks. I know he predicted a statement, now, and something about a few weeks. But there is no way anybody can know that the outcome in a few weeks will be good.

A selection of mimms recent posts.

Progress I mentioned is due to a different direction that the lawyers have explored/exploited.

Last thing I’m saying on here. Been told there will be another statement this week.  O0

It maybe a few weeks before the champagne gets opened, but there will be positive news coming out more and more in the next few days then in the next few weeks.

Not completed yet but everything is going into the final stages.

Didn't think of looking at his posts. I'm still dubious as to whether anybody can be certain about the outcome.

I guess they can't be certain but if the king of Lawyers is involved it's probably like doing a test where you have been given all the answers. If he's looked at the case, looked at the law and thinks we have a case, confidence must be pretty high.

I am not accusing anyone of not being genuine, and I am sure the legal team are all very confident, but I just don't want to get suckered in again to mistaking confidence from the takeover side meaning anything in terms of likelihood to succeed. I really hope I'm wrong of course but most lawyers dont launch into expensive legal action announcing they're really not certain if it'll work

The fact the papers have been served by a third party suggests that the threat of legal action is very real but it's not the buyer or the seller who are directly threatening the PL. The threat is very real for the PL but they can still continue to talk and negotiate with both Ashley and the Saudis, neither of which are parking their tanks on the PL lawn. Yet.

It just ramps up the pressure without alienating them directly. Still cautiously optimistic some kind of deal will be done before it gets really messy but we'll see.

Wraith ripping the trust :lol: saying they should have been doing this and not leaving it to two fans

He’s fucking spot on aswell.

Bemused by these two comments. Please explain?

Not my view. Just saying what wraith was saying that the trust were more interested in recruiting members

The fact the papers have been served by a third party suggests that the threat of legal action is very real but it's not the buyer or the seller who are directly threatening the PL. The threat is very real for the PL but they can still continue to talk and negotiate with both Ashley and the Saudis, neither of which are parking their tanks on the PL lawn. Yet.

It just ramps up the pressure without alienating them directly. Still cautiously optimistic some kind of deal will be done before it gets really messy but we'll see.

Coupled with Big Mikes statement regarding ppv, it sounds like the PL are still taking dragging their feet, but the consortium/MA are proving they can hurt the PL in different ways whilst still leaving the ball in the PLs court.

Surely the papers served today goes against any ITK on here saying it was close because if it was then this wouldn’t be needed or have received the backing it has

There are only two people that appear to be ITK on here and neither have said it is close. Mimms has said that it may be a few weeks today but before that has always said that it would be months.

Wraith ripping the trust :lol: saying they should have been doing this and not leaving it to two fans

He’s f***ing spot on aswell.

Basically Wraith questioned why it has been up to 2 fans to take legal action, when this should have been the route trust went down.

Got to say I completely agree with him. They seemed to revel in the glory of getting the takeover on the agenda at a fans liaison meeting, then basically said that’s us done it’s over to the consortium now.

Again in my view they accepted the PL’s answers way to easily, in the end they were played by Masters and co. I get they’re ordinary working people doing this for nothing, however so are these 2 blokes who seem to be achieving a great deal more.

On a final note this view may seem harsh as I accept they do some good work, however I don’t believe spirit of shankly or man u’s various groups would have just accepted the PL’s version of events and backed down. Yes I appreciate they are an official trust, however they did happily piggy back on the takeover to recruit new members.

Controversial maybe but that’s how I see it.

Just want to say, thanks for sharing your info Mimms[/member]

The only thing keeping me involved with NUFC is the slight chance this takeover could go through.

Hate Bruce more than I hated Pardew, and I have my season ticket up after ten years because of that lipless, cockney prick.

The only thing keeping me involved with NUFC is the slight chance this takeover could go through.

Hate Bruce more than I hated Pardew, and I have my season ticket up after ten years because of that lipless, cockney prick.

I don't know why but for some reason I always especially enjoy your hate. Meant to mention it to you at the game the other weekend. :lol:

I don't know why but for some reason I always especially enjoy your hate. Meant to mention it to you at the game the other weekend. :lol:

A lot of people say that. :lol:

There are a lot of pages in this thread without there being any progress at all towards there being a takeover. Fan groups and Ashley writing nasty letters and threatening the PL with legal action will do nothing. For this to go through the Saudi's will have to compromise big time and the PL will have to grow big enough balls to tell the big 6 that they are going to approve the takeover. Neither are ever going to happen.

Correct me

But the fact you feel the Saudis have to compromise and the PL need bigger balls to tell the big 6 what to do is exactly why Ashley and fan groups threatening legal action will be huge.

The PL rejected our takeover in ways that wasn't legal. That definitely matters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from everything I've read the PL never rejected the takeover never mind it being illegal, they asked for additional information about the make up of the proposed directors of the potential purchasers buying the club which the Saudi's apparently declined to do.

Basically Wraith questioned why it has been up to 2 fans to take legal action, when this should have been the route trust went down.

Got to say I completely agree with him. They seemed to revel in the glory of getting the takeover on the agenda at a fans liaison meeting, then basically said that’s us done it’s over to the consortium now.

Again in my view they accepted the PL’s answers way to easily, in the end they were played by Masters and co. I get they’re ordinary working people doing this for nothing, however so are these 2 blokes who seem to be achieving a great deal more.

On a final note this view may seem harsh as I accept they do some good work, however I don’t believe spirit of shankly or man u’s various groups would have just accepted the PL’s version of events and backed down. Yes I appreciate they are an official trust, however they did happily piggy back on the takeover to recruit new members.

The Trust is just a small handful of a few fans that love NUFC. With lives. Family’s. Jobs. COVID worries.

Excuse me if it’s not the case here, but I get the impression some fans think it’s this professional full time organisation with admin teams, PR teams, legal teams and contacts across the board. It’s literally half a dozen fans no different to half a dozen of people off here (both in some cases) giving up quite a lot of their spare time for the good of NUFC. They have just completed recruitment for a new board to push things forward. I take it you volunteered your spare time and let the members decide if you can bring something to the table?

everything wraith knows about this takeover you can fit on a postage stamp

He rightly slag off NUST in his show tonight. I cant believe that toothless run and got reelected.

I use to admire them right up to they meet Masters and sold over Newcastle United.

Yeah think he nailed it when he said they were more interested in recruiting new members and holding elections.

Definitely.

There are a lot of pages in this thread without there being any progress at all towards there being a takeover. Fan groups and Ashley writing nasty letters and threatening the PL with legal action will do nothing. For this to go through the Saudi's will have to compromise big time and the PL will have to grow big enough balls to tell the big 6 that they are going to approve the takeover. Neither are ever going to happen.

Correct me

But the fact you feel the Saudis have to compromise and the PL need bigger balls to tell the big 6 what to do is exactly why Ashley and fan groups threatening legal action will be huge.

The PL rejected our takeover in ways that wasn't legal. That definitely matters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from everything I've read the PL never rejected the takeover never mind it being illegal, they asked for additional information about the make up of the proposed directors of the potential purchasers buying the club which the Saudi's apparently declined to do.

That's what the PL said. However our club said it was rejected and that all relevant documents was given to the PL when asked. Hence why Ashley has hired lawyers. Honestly I think if it genuinely couldn't be passed due to the Saudis then Ashley wouldn't bother.

Also if the lawyers looked at it and realised the PL made a fair decision then they would say sorry Mike you're wasting your time with this one. They see something and I truly think that it's that the PL have not done things by the book.

The Trust is just a small handful of a few fans that love NUFC. With lives. Family’s. Jobs. COVID worries.

Excuse me if it’s not the case here, but I get the impression some fans think it’s this professional full time organisation with admin teams, PR teams, legal teams and contacts across the board. It’s literally half a dozen fans no different to half a dozen of people off here (both in some cases) giving up quite a lot of their spare time for the good of NUFC. They have just completed recruitment for a new board to push things forward. I take it you volunteered your spare time and let the members decide if you can bring something to the table?

I addressed in my post that I appreciate they’re all volunteers, however so are the 2 blokes who have taken legal action. The trust should have been all over this instead of accepting Masters flimsy answers at the fsf meeting.

The trust got off to a great start with the MP letters, however to joe public like me they have appeared to give up the ghost, and concentrate on recruiting new members and board elections.

If these board elections are about spreading the work load then fair play and I understand people have work/personal life’s.

I don’t have to put myself forward for election to have an opinion, so don’t think that point is relevant.