Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

More completely "made up" rubbish.

The situation remains as i outlined it a few posts back, and will remain that way until we actually hear (are told) the final result.

Nothing to (pretend to) report until then.

You are literally pretending there is still talks going on. Nothing whatsoever points to that being the case

Can't you see??

I am not "pretending" anything at all, I'm not 'understating' anything, I'm not 'overstating' anything . . at all!

Until Ashley and / or Staveley say it is dead, it is (obviously) still ALIVE.

It can't be anything else!!

Dude, what are you on about? :icon_scratch:

You are beyond denial :doh:

I hope you are trolling...

What are you saying all that for, did you not read my post.

There is NO (amongst other things) "denial"

Just waiting to hear some one (a real person involved in this, Staveley or Ashley) actually say it is dead or it has happened.

It has to be one or the other.

Nothing has been said yet, by anyone who knows / matters.

Just wait!

When is this clown getting banned? Has continually posted nonsense about the takeover definitely happening throughout this whole thing despite having no clue what is going on.

It was funny at the start now it's just annoying.

I am only stating facts, and you know that I am.

Yes, I used to be "optimistic" and supported all the other optimists who thought it was about to happen at various points. I will (if you like) 'apologise' for my earlier over-enthusiasm.

But, I would prefer it if you stopped the silly insults, read my posts (just the last one if you like) and tell me what I have said that isn't factual? Since Staveley asked for our support, neither she nor Ashley has said the deal has happened or is dead.

See?

No you're not. Making comments like "IT'S VERY MUCH ALIVE" is not a fact is it? The only facts are all three buyers have made official statements to pull out of the bid and the PL have even confirmed it's done with.

If you'd have said it looks like it's off but I'm not ready to accept it's over just yet then fine, but posting just rubbish about "IT'S ALIVE" warrants getting shut down and criticised if you ask me, especially after how mentally draining this whole thing has been.

You are completely making up that it’s not over till staveley or Ashley say it is.

PIF who made up 80% of the consortium/bid literally released a statement saying it was off, they pulled out, done.

Staveley can plead and encourage the fans all she wants she can’t influence the PL and she can’t buy us without PIF

The situation remains as i outlined it a few posts back, and will remain that way until we actually hear (are told) the final result.

You are literally pretending there is still talks going on. Nothing whatsoever points to that being the case

Can't you see??

I am not "pretending" anything at all, I'm not 'understating' anything, I'm not 'overstating' anything . . at all!

Just waiting to hear some one (a real person involved in this, Staveley or Ashley) actually say it is dead or it has happened.

Just wait!

Why does there have to be an official denial?

Why the word "denial"? Denial of what ??

Neither one of the parties involved (buyers or sellers) have yet said anything about the final result. That has been very apparent by its absence.

They will do so when a final conclusion is reached.

It is obvious that we do not know anything - one way of the other - until that happens.

I'm not sure how many different ways I can state that simple and obvious fact!

You ignoring PIF pulling out? You know, actual people?

Can't you see??

Just wait!

Neither one of the parties involved (buyers or sellers) have yet said anything about the final result. That has been very apparent by its absence.

It is obvious that we do not know anything - one way of the other - until that happens.

That was a long time ago, and a lot could have happened since.

Also, they never pulled out officially, in their bid with Staveley and the Reubens to the Premier League. As the PL have said, it is still 'on the table'.

They only made a public statement, and that (and the lack of an official withdrawal to the PL) could have been for a variety of reasons.

We still await the outcome.

Sorry denial was the wrong word. Why does there have to be any sort of statement?

I'm not repeating it again.

From PIF

“With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club,”

From the PL

“The consortium chose not to take up that offer, but nor did it procure the provision of the additional information. Later, it (or PIF specifically) voluntarily withdrew from the process.”

To make things easier for you. The group that make up 80% of the bid have withdrawn and have officially said so

Sorry denial was the wrong word. Why does there have to be any sort of statement?

I'm not repeating it again.

From PIF

“With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club,”

From the PL

“The consortium chose not to take up that offer, but nor did it procure the provision of the additional information. Later, it (or PIF specifically) voluntarily withdrew from the process.”

To make things easier for you. The group that make up 80% of the bid have withdrawn and have officially said so

OK, I have described the current situation as it is.

It is not a good idea to quote selected statements from the past that support your own interpretation.

We will all just have to wait for the end result.

That is what I am saying, and have said it many times now.

Don't interprate, just wait, if its not dead it "must be" alive (that's not an interpretation) just wait.

Can't you see??

Just wait!

Also, they never pulled out officially, in their bid with Staveley and the Reubens to the Premier League. As the PL have said, it is still 'on the table'.

They only made a public statement, and that (and the lack of an official withdrawal to the PL) could have been for a variety of reasons.

What are you on about with "That was a long time ago"? - Do they have to pull out every week? :lol:

They pulled out. They announced they'd pulled out. Richard Masters, when speaking to NUST, confirmed they'd pulled out. Staveley has said it's over. The Ruebens have said it's over. PIF have said it's over. Ashley is now saying he's resigned to staying in charge. Literally EVERY SINGLE PERSON OR GROUP involved in this deal has said it's over, but yet here you are going "I'm still hopeful". Give your head a shake. It's fucking done.

Can't you see??

Just wait!

What are you on about with "That was a long time ago"? - Do they have to pull out every week? :lol:

They pulled out. They announced they'd pulled out. Richard Masters, when speaking to NUST, confirmed they'd pulled out. Staveley has said it's over. The Ruebens have said it's over. PIF have said it's over. Ashley is now saying he's resigned to staying in charge. Literally EVERY SINGLE PERSON OR GROUP involved in this deal has said it's over, but yet here you are going "I'm still hopeful". Give your head a shake. It's fucking done.

Someone on twitter who might be Staveley’s fella posted a Rick Astley song though, so you’re deluded if you think it’s over.

Can't you see??

Just wait!

I'm sure Ashley said something along the lines of "we hope to resurrect the deal and hope its not over".  That's not a quote mind, I just put it in quotation marks (I know).

Guest Cheesy Beans

If people need to believe something is still ongoing to keep a bit of hope during these depressing times, then so be it.

Nobody knows - the same journalists reporting it is now definitely off, are the same journalists who didn’t even know about the deal until the end, and then had fuck all clue throughout the whole shit show. It’s not torally inconceivable for it to still be happening.

It’s also totally bizarre that PIF/PCP/Caulkin/Reubens/Ashley have all gone into complete silence about it. Caulkin isn’t one to take the piss either and his recent comments are interesting.

My ‘source’ (I use the term lightly) who was telling me after the withdrawal that the deal was still on, is also now completely silent - despite me trying to get info. Fwiw, they’re on MA’s side of the deal.

Maybe nothing is happening, maybe Staveley is attempting to find other backers, maybe the’re trying to use the Saudi money through a different route, maybe they’ve completely given up, maybe a new offer will come in from someone new... Who knows. But to lambast people for believing it might happen, pointing to the ‘evidence’ in the media, is nonsense. When the same media have been proven time and time again to know the square route of fuck all..

Can't you see??

Just wait!

I'm sure Ashley said something along the lines of "we hope to resurrect the deal and hope its not over".  That's not a quote mind, I just put it in quotation marks (I know).

Zero point believing a word Ashley says.

If people need to believe something is still ongoing to keep a bit of hope during these depressing times, then so be it.

Nobody knows - the same journalists reporting it is now definitely off, are the same journalists who didn’t even know about the deal until the end, and then had fuck all clue throughout the whole shit show. It’s not torally inconceivable for it to still be happening.

It’s also totally bizarre that PIF/PCP/Caulkin/Reubens/Ashley have all gone into complete silence about it. Caulkin isn’t one to take the piss either and his recent comments are interesting.

My ‘source’ (I use the term lightly) who was telling me after the withdrawal that the deal was still on, is also now completely silent - despite me trying to get info. Fwiw, they’re on MA’s side of the deal.

Maybe nothing is happening, maybe Staveley is attempting to find other backers, maybe the’re trying to use the Saudi money through a different route, maybe they’ve completely given up, maybe a new offer will come in from someone new... Who knows. But to lambast people for believing it might happen, pointing to the ‘evidence’ in the media, is nonsense. When the same media have been proven time and time again to know the square route of fuck all..

Correct, everyone is now silent, that is how it always should have been, but that is how it is now and it will remain that way until a decision is reached.

We just need to WAIT.

Correct, everyone is now silent, that is how it always should have been, but that is how it is now and it will remain that way until a decision is reached.

We just need to WAIT.

Cheers manorpark, even if it's all bollocks you cheer me up no end.  There are some right miserable barstewards on here.

We just need to WAIT.

Cheers manorpark, even if it's all bollocks you cheer me up no end.  There are some right realistic barstewards on here.

We just need to WAIT.

Cheers manorpark, even if it's all bollocks you cheer me up no end.  There are some right miserable barstewards on here.

Thanks mate, nice to read a friendly comment!