Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t think I will ever stop being angry about this whole thing. We have had this utter cunt taking the piss out of the club for nearly a decade and a half. We finally get in a position where he is a willing seller, with buyers wanting to transform the club and area. This was no sideways step, this was a huge step forward with exciting times ahead. It was all there, ready to happen finally, you could feel the excitement coming back. Only for it to be completely shit upon by an organisation who under these tests are supposed to be looking out for the clubs best interests. It’s fucking mind blowingly frustrating and infuriating. We won’t ever get a chance like this again, yet Masters and his merry band of muppets have decided Mike is what’s best for Newcastle, so pipe down and get on with it. Fucking utter cunts the lot of them and shove your shit 6 team league right up your arses.

:clap: :clap:

I don’t think I will ever stop being angry about this whole thing. We have had this utter cunt taking the piss out of the club for nearly a decade and a half. We finally get in a position where he is a willing seller, with buyers wanting to transform the club and area. This was no sideways step, this was a huge step forward with exciting times ahead. It was all there, ready to happen finally, you could feel the excitement coming back. Only for it to be completely shit upon by an organisation who under these tests are supposed to be looking out for the clubs best interests. It’s fucking mind blowingly frustrating and infuriating. We won’t ever get a chance like this again, yet Masters and his merry band of muppets have decided Mike is what’s best for Newcastle, so pipe down and get on with it. Fucking utter cunts the lot of them and shove your shit 6 team league right up your arses.

:clap: :clap:

We got absolutely fucked by the league, man. absolutely fucked.

I think as long as people aren't pretending to be ITK and spouting rubbish, then I don't seem any harm with a bit of optimism (however misguided others feel it is). Ultimately people can stay away from this thread and await news via other channels if they feel there is currently nothing further to be discussed.

:thup: :thup:

Guest Cheesy Beans

You’re all mistaken though. NUST had a cup of tea on Zoom with Masters and were ‘satisfied’ with the answers he gave. We can all run along into the sunset now holding hands and no further questions need to be asked.

Can NUST not swoop into action?

Weirdly said they wouldn’t be pursuing Staveley for answers despite being introduced. They’ve now dropped any mention of the takeover since.

Presumably because it’s over and there’s nothing left to discuss?  PIF formally withdrawn and the others confirmed as time wasters 

Edit: made a right arse of them quotes!

Staveley asked for fan action and the fan base delivered. She said there was something they maybe could do. They then went silent. I personally don’t see the harm in asking. If it’s dead tell us.

I think actions have spoken louder than words now though and there’s nothing at all out there to suggest anyone is trying to make it work. The PL didn’t want it and pif didn’t want to jump through the hoops set. We deserved an answer though and I don’t think the people responsible for asking those questions really did enough to provide those for us.

Edit* doubled down on arsing them quotes up as well 😂

George caulkin On the podcast gave a pretty long winded answer but essentially said he is getting on his life and assuming we are stuck with the current situation. Is this takeover dead, no it’s not but he can’t see a pathway to getting it done

Still absolutely staggered reading that that at no point have we been given an update/reason/statement whatever you want to call it on why. Nothing from any party following it all falling to bits. Even more baffling everyone has just dropped it and moved it without answer.

Sadly it has gone exactly as I expected it would.

As I have said quite a few times, we will hear when this is finally resolved, as either a "full stop" or as a "Takeover", and we will hear absolutely NOTHING - from anyone that matters, Staveley, Reubens, PIF, Ashley, - up until that final point.

Everything else we see reported or commented on is just BS.

All we need to do is 'forget it' (kind of) and just W A I T.

:lol: Why do you keep ignoring we have heard from PIF already? They're out. They were funding 80% of it. Of all the parties involved that's a pretty f***ing big one to get that statement from. And if everything else reported or commented on is BS, that means we ignore all the s**** being spouted about how it's now being handled 'behind closed doors'.. right?

Because even AS and the Reuben Brother's ignored it?

Manopark is getting some totally uneccassary grief here. Just an optimistic bloke who is excitable and wants the best for the club, so what if he's slightly annoying with it?

Some serious projecting going on in here you bunch of incels.

Yes indeed, all I am saying is because we have not been told anything about the final outcome, we should just wait (instead of 'jumping in to say it is dead, etc !!).

No one knows what the outcome will be, so lets just do the obvious "waiting" thing, yeah?

As I have said quite a few times, we will hear when this is finally resolved, as either a "full stop" or as a "Takeover", and we will hear absolutely NOTHING - from anyone that matters, Staveley, Reubens, PIF, Ashley, - up until that final point.

:lol: Why do you keep ignoring we have heard from PIF already? They're out. They were funding 80% of it. Of all the parties involved that's a pretty f***ing big one to get that statement from. And if everything else reported or commented on is BS, that means we ignore all the s**** being spouted about how it's now being handled 'behind closed doors'.. right?

Manopark is getting some totally uneccassary grief here. Just an optimistic bloke who is excitable and wants the best for the club, so what if he's slightly annoying with it?

Yes indeed, all I am saying is because we have not been told anything about the final outcome, we should just wait (instead of 'jumping in to say it is dead, etc !!).

No one knows what the outcome will be, so lets just do the obvious "waiting" thing, yeah?

Got to admire the consistent wummery.

The WAIT and "waiting" gives it away a bit too obviously though.

Whilst you’re waiting will you be still supporting the team? Still going to games? Still backing the manager? How are you defining waiting?

Whilst you’re waiting will you be still supporting the team? Still going to games? Still backing the manager? How are you defining waiting?

Waiting to hear the outcome.

Re NUFC, I will always 'support my club' but I will never go to matches while we are still subjects of Ashley's dictatorship.

He gets no money out of me.

manorpark[/member] you’re in your 60’s/70’s right?

You want to know  my age, why?

Because I get the feeling you’ve seen us under a number of different owners, yet you still have a belief that something positive is coming. Just wondering how you maintain that belief after everything you’ve seen? You’ve witnessed us actually win something, no?

Waiting to hear the outcome.

Re NUFC, I will always 'support my club' but I will never go to matches while we are still subjects of Ashley's dictatorship.

He gets no money out of me.

Not trying to be a dick or anything with this question manor, purely asking as we're obviously on opposite ends of the positivity spectrum, but how long do you think you'd be prepared to 'wait' for positive news before giving in? A few more months? A year? More?

I only ask as all I see at this point is it continuing to 'fizzle out' out without any further direct statements of substance from any of the involved parties, particularly when you look at this club's record of takeover attempts that have disappeared without a trace under Ashley.

The hope of this takeover is the only thing that connects me to the club. Once I'm satisfied that this is dead I don't think I'll be following the club with any real seriousness.

If there's even a 0.1% chance of this happening then we should be fighting for it till the very end because we already know what the alternative is, so why the f*** would you accept that?

The irony in all this is that the same ones who are slating you for being "optmistic" (realistic imo) have given up and accepted that, much like the fans who go to games who they also slate for that very same reason.

Guest Cheesy Beans

The hope of this takeover is the only thing that connects me to the club. Once I'm satisfied that this is dead I don't think I'll be following the club with any real seriousness.

If there's even a 0.1% chance of this happening then we should be fighting for it till the very end because we already know what the alternative is, so why the f*** would you accept that?

The irony in all this is that the same ones who are slating you for being "optmistic" (realistic imo) have given up and accepted that, much like the fans who go to games who they also slate for that very same reason.

:thup: Absolutely spot on.

Some people in this thread seem like they’d prefer the takeover to not go ahead just so they can sit on an internet forum ‘being right’. It’s pathetic.

Yes, I think the "pessimists" on here just like to have a go at me, and others, just because we explain things factually, and because we do not join them in their eternal pessimism.

I am going to stick with the facts as they are, until we hear anything else.

manorpark[/member] you’re in your 60’s/70’s right?

You want to know  my age, why?

Because I get the feeling you’ve seen us under a number of different owners, yet you still have a belief that something positive is coming. Just wondering how you maintain that belief after everything you’ve seen? You’ve witnessed us actually win something, no?

This Staveley/Reubens/PIF takeover is different from anything we have seen at NUFC since I have been supporting them.

If there is one thing that I have learnt in my time following NUFC is that my club (and my great City) should be doing a great deal 'better' than we historically have. Uniquely, we have it all in waiting, we just need someone to flick the switch.

Apart from feeling that it "had already happened" (ie, the deal was done) this whole thing felt like a perfect fit, it was 'certain' that the switch WAS about to be flicked, it felt inevitable. It felt like the "best" owners were finally arriving at the "best" club.

It is difficult to imagine (after all that) that this will not happen, so I am just going to "wait" until we hear - definitively - one way or the other.

We have NOT heard that final outcome yet.

How exactly did we get fucked by the league? Obviously they could have been more transparent and communicated better and clearly they should have actually made a decision. But ultimately isn’t the takeover going through more down to the Saudis themselves rather than the league?

Guest Cheesy Beans

How exactly did we get f***ed by the league? Obviously they could have been more transparent and communicated better and clearly they should have actually made a decision. But ultimately isn’t the takeover going through more down to the Saudis themselves rather than the league?

The PL took 3 months (THREE) to decide on the ownership structure of PIF.

Most takeovers go through the entire O&D test in a third of that time, fwiw.

The PL refused to acknowledge the consortium’s own assessment of their ownership. They offered arbitration to settle the impasse (which can take anywhere up to 18 months to complete).

Every single hurdle possible was put up in front of this takeover, despite (allegedly) offering assurances to the consortium that there wouldn’t be an issue.*

*Until Qatar asked for there to be an issue.