Jump to content

Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, toon25 said:

Both are as thick as pig shit. We've been craving a defender with a braincell for many a year.

This could very well be the case but they've both just had fantastic seasons. If there was ever a time to have some faith in them, it's now.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

At 28 Lingards England career must be over now.

He'll be 29 when the world cup comes around. Still has a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see what instances there’d be for him to appear, and I wouldn’t have him over any other forward.

As mad as it is, I could see 3-4-3 with Walker/James as a 3rd CB bringing the ball out and TAA/Trippier as a WB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t see what instances there’d be for him to appear, and I wouldn’t have him over any other forward.

As mad as it is, I could see 3-4-3 with Walker/James as a 3rd CB bringing the ball out and TAA/Trippier as a WB.

Bamford is a good replacement for Kane if he gets injured. Or as a sub late on. I just don't see how you can justify 4 RB's. Overall the squad is very good tho.

 

 

Edited by samptime29

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really rate James and think he may have big part to play in keeping defense solid for us (England).

Have horrible feeling that Southgate is going to make pigs ear of this and we don't live up to expectations and fulfil what we should.

That being said make France massive favourites for this whole thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it likely that we'll play with wing-backs? I know we did in 2018 but there's a lot of additions to the squad since then. Henderson, Dier, Lingard, Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Kane - Sterling as well - all featured in central roles. Now that we have more defined and improved wide options in the attacking areas, we're more likely to go four at the back, rather than rely on wing-backs for the width? 

Said it a dozen times now but the options in certain areas are remarkable. Trippier won the league in Spain and Shaw had a brilliant season; but then Reece James and Chilwell just occupied the full-back positions in a Champions League win! 

Maguire, Stones, Rice and Kane are the immovables; fill in the gaps to your heart's content; there's gonna be class players whoever you choose. 

I fucking love Southgate n'all, btw; he carries himself impeccably; everything is careful and respectful and in earnest and I believe in his process for making decisions - even if I don't necessarily agree with some of the decisions themselves (if that makes sense). Basically, it's just having faith and confidence in a manager who I respect and enjoy listening to. Obviously this has been amplified for me personally (and maybe others here?), given the contrast to the glass of horse sick representing the other football team in our lives. 

Can't wait. Optimistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Is it likely that we'll play with wing-backs? I know we did in 2018 but there's a lot of additions to the squad since then. Henderson, Dier, Lingard, Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Kane - Sterling as well - all featured in central roles. Now that we have more defined and improved wide options in the attacking areas, we're more likely to go four at the back, rather than rely on wing-backs for the width? 

Said it a dozen times now but the options in certain areas are remarkable. Trippier won the league in Spain and Shaw had a brilliant season; but then Reece James and Chilwell just occupied the full-back positions in a Champions League win! 

Maguire, Stones, Rice and Kane are the immovables; fill in the gaps to your heart's content; there's gonna be class players whoever you choose. 

I fucking love Southgate n'all, btw; he carries himself impeccably; everything is careful and respectful and in earnest and I believe in his process for making decisions - even if I don't necessarily agree with some of the decisions themselves (if that makes sense). Basically, it's just having faith and confidence in a manager who I respect and enjoy listening to. Obviously this has been amplified for me personally (and maybe others here?), given the contrast to the glass of horse sick representing the other football team in our lives. 

Can't wait. Optimistic.

Good post! 👍

 

Your comments about Southgate are spot on.  I don’t think he’s a particulalrly great manager or anything (he’s actually too cautious for my liking), but you do get the impression that every decision he makes is done after plenty of planning and consideration.  

And yeah i’d be shocked if it wasn’t 4-3-3.  It’s what most of our defenders play in for their clubs for a start.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally i never thought Lingard should have gone.  Yes, he had a great 6 months for West Ham but i don’t think that warrants nicking a place in the squad after what seemed like a couple of years doing absolutely nothing for Man Utd.


I do think Ward-Prowse was worth a place though.  He’s a bit different to our other CMs and his set piece delivery is outstanding.  He could’ve been useful IMO.

 

 

Edited by Away Day Gadgie

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anderson said:

Aye, I thought we were pretty nailed on to play 4-3-3?

I honestly think that we are more suited to a 3-4-2-1

------Walker --Maguire --Stones------

James-----Rice-------Mount------shaw

--------Rashford----------Foden----

----------------Kane-----------------

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Is it likely that we'll play with wing-backs? I know we did in 2018 but there's a lot of additions to the squad since then. Henderson, Dier, Lingard, Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Kane - Sterling as well - all featured in central roles. Now that we have more defined and improved wide options in the attacking areas, we're more likely to go four at the back, rather than rely on wing-backs for the width? 

Said it a dozen times now but the options in certain areas are remarkable. Trippier won the league in Spain and Shaw had a brilliant season; but then Reece James and Chilwell just occupied the full-back positions in a Champions League win! 

Maguire, Stones, Rice and Kane are the immovables; fill in the gaps to your heart's content; there's gonna be class players whoever you choose. 

I fucking love Southgate n'all, btw; he carries himself impeccably; everything is careful and respectful and in earnest and I believe in his process for making decisions - even if I don't necessarily agree with some of the decisions themselves (if that makes sense). Basically, it's just having faith and confidence in a manager who I respect and enjoy listening to. Obviously this has been amplified for me personally (and maybe others here?), given the contrast to the glass of horse sick representing the other football team in our lives. 

Can't wait. Optimistic.

Can’t wait either, Yorkie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Is it likely that we'll play with wing-backs? I know we did in 2018 but there's a lot of additions to the squad since then. Henderson, Dier, Lingard, Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Kane - Sterling as well - all featured in central roles. Now that we have more defined and improved wide options in the attacking areas, we're more likely to go four at the back, rather than rely on wing-backs for the width? 

Said it a dozen times now but the options in certain areas are remarkable. Trippier won the league in Spain and Shaw had a brilliant season; but then Reece James and Chilwell just occupied the full-back positions in a Champions League win! 

Maguire, Stones, Rice and Kane are the immovables; fill in the gaps to your heart's content; there's gonna be class players whoever you choose. 

I fucking love Southgate n'all, btw; he carries himself impeccably; everything is careful and respectful and in earnest and I believe in his process for making decisions - even if I don't necessarily agree with some of the decisions themselves (if that makes sense). Basically, it's just having faith and confidence in a manager who I respect and enjoy listening to. Obviously this has been amplified for me personally (and maybe others here?), given the contrast to the glass of horse sick representing the other football team in our lives. 

Can't wait. Optimistic.

How is Rice immovable? Bellingham in that game v Man City looked far better than I have ever seen Rice look

Link to post
Share on other sites


my team for the first game would be. Slabheed is out of the group stages but I wouldn’t play him anyhow. 

              Henderson 

 James Walker Stones Chilwell

             Bellingham 

        Mount.        Grealish 

Sancho       Kane.     Foden

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

How is Rice immovable? Bellingham in that game v Man City looked far better than I have ever seen Rice look

He's just obviously one of Southgate's first names on the teamsheet regardless of what you or I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I too favour the 343 with wing backs that can switch to a 442 when TAA is further up the pitch by having Walker or James on the right of the defensive three

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...