Copa America

Wullie

Combed through the squads yesterday and my have Chile fallen(as far as the clubs their players play for). The Americans have come a long way with players playing for Milan, Juve, PSV, Fulham, Palace, Dortmund. 

Holy shit, Paulo Guerrero is still playing for Peru. He’ll be captaining them as their #9 at the age of 40! 

Edit a lot of the Chile team is the same as the old one they just all play in Chile now. Team is old as fuck. A lot of the teams are. 

Edited by Astroblack

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Combed through the squads yesterday and my have Chile fallen(as far as the clubs their players play for). The Americans have come a long way with players playing for Milan, Juve, PSV, Fulham, Palace, Dortmund. 

Holy shit, Paulo Guerrero is still playing for Peru. He’ll be captaining them as their #9 at the age of 40! 

Edit a lot of the Chile team is the same as the old one they just all play in Chile now. Team is old as fuck. A lot of the teams are. 

Chile squeezing every last drop out of that golden generation. Surprised they haven’t rolled out Vidal and Medel for one last hurrah. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Chile squeezing every last drop out of that golden generation. Surprised they haven’t rolled out Vidal and Medel for one last hurrah. :lol: 

Medel has just resigned for Boca. Scored for them when I went in *checks notes* 2009. Absolutely ridiculous, and that’s just how old it makes me feel.

Don't get the point in playing this open against Argentina or against better teams at international level in general. Maybe it will work against teams at a similar level but Argentina could have about 6

Seems a little wild. Argentina could have scored more but Canada arguably should have had two penalties and missed 4 or 5 great chances. Could have easily been 5-5.

Canada not being clinical cost them more than being open. It was a weird match. Must have been hot and the pitch was wide. Lots of the game was very slow. Argentina deserved the win but thought Canada played well, just missed the cutting edge when it mattered and tired towards the end to let Argentina take advantage.

Argentina were pretty rubbish from the short but I watched but the tournament is probably going to be fairly tame until the knockouts given the groups.

Hoping Bielsa can inspire Uruguay all the way.

10 hours ago, Kanji said:

This tourney is so hot Trash it isn’t even funny. No atmosphere at all. 

It's usually fantastic, but they've went for the money this year and had it bizarrely in the US.

1 hour ago, Aiston said:

It's usually fantastic, but they've went for the money this year and had it bizarrely in the US.

Yes! Exactly. I hate that it’s in my country tbh 

Daft how many old fuckers are playing in this and still heavily relied on despite never being too drawer. Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela (and probably more) all playing players who should be basking in the sun. Doesn't bode well at all.