Copa America

Wullie

13 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

In the Euros every time it's hit the ref play has been stopped like. Think it's a new rule though. 

Fair enough. Thought the new rule stated if it hits the ref and there is a possession change. I mean, I can get a free pass for missing a rule like that, but it's ridiculous if a referee like Pitana who refereed the last World Cup final has missed it :lol:

14 minutes ago, Flip said:

Fair enough. Thought the new rule stated if it hits the ref and there is a possession change. I mean, I can get a free pass for missing a rule like that, but it's ridiculous if a referee like Pitana who refereed the last World Cup final has missed it :lol:

I thought he looked familiar, didn't he give a pen for a Griezmann dive in that game? :lol:

On 22/06/2021 at 07:54, Nobody said:

Do they ever "invite" European teams to the Copa America? Would be fun to watch someone like Serbia who are decent but failed to qualify for the Euros how they'd fare over there. Obviously would devalue Copa America too much to have some European losers just enter their competition instead :lol:

Until Scotland got to this Euros I was banging on for Scotland to go, seemed like the only way we could be in a tournament finals. Still up for it like.

Guest HTT II
23 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Anyone watched any of this? Who do u see winning?

Any one of Mexico for me!

Messi seems happy, up for it and the Argentina team are seemingly in a better place than over the last few years. Really hope they can win it but it’s very hard to bet against Brazil at home 

In some ways I hope I am wrong as this Brazilian team needs a kick in the ass if they want to win the World Cup, but right now they're just way too dominant in South America. No one is playing at full pace and they're just cruising and beating everyone with ease. Even against Chile with 10 men, they were the better team. 

9 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I hope Peru wins it.

They're a terrible team. Their 2018 team was really really strong, this years team is shambles. Lucky to even reach the semi finals. 

1 minute ago, Flip said:

In some ways I hope I am wrong as this Brazilian team needs a kick in the ass if they want to win the World Cup, but right now they're just way too dominant in South America. No one is playing at full pace and they're just cruising and beating everyone with ease. Even against Chile with 10 men, they were the better team. 

They're a terrible team. Their 2018 team was really really strong, this years team is shambles. Lucky to even reach the semi finals. 

I know they likely won't win it but I still hope they do. When was the last time they won? 70s maybe? When was the last time someone outside Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia or Uruguay won it?

Edited by Kaizero

29 minutes ago, Flip said:

Brazil seem best poised to withstand the generational turnover that’s about to hit the region over the next few years.

46 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I know they likely won't win it but I still hope they do. When was the last time they won? 70s maybe? When was the last time someone outside Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia or Uruguay won it?

You just named half the teams in the region tbf. :lol:

Chile won their first ever in 2015, Colombia haven’t won since 2001, and Argentina not since 1993.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

5 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

You just named half the teams in the region tbf. :lol:

Chile won their first ever in 2015, Colombia haven’t won since 2001, and Argentina not since 1993.

You know what I mean :lol: Those teams are (or at least in my head) the dominant forces and then the other five just make up the numbers :lol: Hence why I want one of those five to win.

Didn't actually know that about Chile, feel they're always at the WC so thought they were fairly dominant as well. Not really watched much Copa America outside when the US has been in it.

Edited by Kaizero