Copa America

Wullie

There hasn't been a 45min as electric as that was in COPA or the Euro, that was end to end and fucking intense. David should have scored, Larin maybe too. Marsch has these lads up for it, he's perfect for this team. 

What a game that was. Ultimately still not clinical enough. Should have had that game put to bed easily.

The ridiculousness of the officiating to Concacaf teams has been wild. Not that Canada didn't get away with a few.

Learning curve for Crepeau and Bombito. The former should have trusted Bombito or committed to coming. Doubt either with make the same mistake easily again! Still mad Bombito is barely a year into his pro career. Hope his rumoured move to Lyon happens. 

Delighted for Shaffleburg. What a breakout tournament for him.

No chance against the Argies but fair play to Marsch for getting this team organized and making the defence look better than it should. Now to do the second half of the amazing disappearing and reappearing trick with our central midfield.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Fuck off Canada.

:lol::lol: thought we were losing on penalties after having the better chances all match. We have no chance against Argentina, but to get this far is amazing.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5619544/2024/07/05/canada-venezuela-copa-america-penalty-shootout/

An American is headed to the Copa America semifinal, but he doesn’t play for the U.S. men’s national team. He coaches Canada.

In what was one of the games of the tournament thus far, Canada and Venezuela battled through 90 minutes and penalties for the privilege of advancing in the Copa America. In the end, Jesse Marsch’s Canadian side came out victorious.

Even our win is about how terrible the US Team was. :lol:

The Beautiful Game Cat GIF by World Cup

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Marsch should have been hired by us man. Fuck sake.  

In a final appearance on his podcast, Marsch said he “wasn’t treated very well” by US Soccer during the manager hunt without elaborating.

“You know, US Soccer had the chance to hire me,” Marsch told the Guardian in May. “They have nobody to look at but themselves, especially if that’s the question they’re asking. In the end I have the freedom in my life to do what’s best for me and myself.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jul/05/canada-coach-jesse-marsch-says-the-usmnt-lacks-discipline-after-copa-america-knockout#:~:text=In a final appearance on,the question they're asking.