SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Rompe said:

Sorry, english isn't my first language, did i use the wrong word?

The point being I bet there were 50+ posts from people just in here alone that conceded it was soft and possibly incorrect but not definitively so. I said as much myself, but also that VAR is supposed to correct clear errors which I don't think that was. At full speed, it's easy to see why it was given. I'd also hated to have exited a tournament to it. Both can be correct. That's it. Nobody is whitewashing anything or saying we're "never wrong" FFS :lol:

Edited by LionOfGosforth

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

You think I've spent 17 years on this forum alone because I fucking hate you? Jesus fucking christ.

giphy.gif

:lol: 

They're all acting like @Froggy, give it a few months and they'll be giving the poor guy some shit. 

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

The point being I bet there were 50+ posts from people just in here alone that conceded it was soft and possibly incorrect but not definitively so. I said as much myself, but also that VAR is supposed to correct clear errors which I don't think that was. At full speed, it's easy to see why it was given. I'd also hated to have exited a tournament to it. Both can be correct. That's it.

Agree to disagree then, in my view that's never ever a penalty.

2 minutes ago, Rompe said:

Agree to disagree then, in my view that's never ever a penalty.

Well yeah, except it is because it was given and not overturned, just like many many others every week in every league, like it or not. Other than that you're right.

19 minutes ago, Wullie said:

It's not offensive is it, it's just a bit of an arsehole thing to do? If you make your way onto a Fiorentina forum today with an English flag waving and spend two days posting about what a bunch of undeserving cheats they are, they'll certainly tell you to sod off as well. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Fucking christ Wullie. Get a grip man.  Arsehole thing to do? It's not like Pata made his way onto this forum just to post the flag. He's been here for over a decade and one of the most active posters on here. When it's other teams it's alright, but when it's against your team it's being all oversensitive. 

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Well yeah, except it is because it was given and not overturned, just like many many others every week in every league, like it or not. Other than that you're right.

Rompe isn't allowed to have an opinion. :lol:

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

"In my view" means that my opinion is that the "foul" should not have been called. It doesn't matter what the ref or VAR said, it doesn't influence my opinion or view in the slightest. Referees makes mistakes, so does VAR-referees, I believe they made a mistake in this situation.

You can't negate that with "no actually it was a penalty because it was called, and referees never ever make mistakes, so you are wrong".

7 minutes ago, Rompe said:

"In my view" means that my opinion is that the "foul" should not have been called. It doesn't matter what the ref or VAR said, it doesn't influence my opinion or view in the slightest. Referees makes mistakes, so does VAR-referees, I believe they made a mistake in this situation.

You can't negate that with "no actually it was a penalty because it was called, and referees never ever make mistakes, so you are wrong".

Your opinion is about as noteworthy as anyone else's in here. We have stonewall penalty, soft penalty, almost certainly not a penalty and not a penalty at all. Anyone can think any of those. I called it soft. It was still given whether you or I like it or not. Nobody is whitewashing anything. In my view.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

I mean Flip said that the penalty decision was ridiculous and if anyone disagreed we were clearly biased. As well as saying the worst VAR penalty decision ever

I think something like that is going to cause people to be defensive about their opinion

12 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Fucking christ Wullie. Get a grip man.  Arsehole thing to do? It's not like Pata made his way onto this forum just to post the flag. He's been here for over a decade and one of the most active posters on here. When it's other teams it's alright, but when it's against your team it's being all oversensitive. 

If I posted as a fan on a (e.g.) Red Star Belgrade forum for over a decade, then Serbia made their way to their first major tournament final, I'd probably be quite pleased for them, rather than head straight on to post relentlessly about how much I wanted them to lose and what arrogant paranoid cheats they are. We're obviously different people. :)

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

If I posted as a fan on a (e.g.) Red Star Belgrade forum for over a decade, then Serbia made their way to their first major tournament final, I'd probably be quite pleased for them, rather than head straight on to post relentlessly about how much I wanted them to lose and what arrogant paranoid cheats they are. We're obviously different people. :)

Please read more carefully what others post then. Pata has already said he'd be very happy for you guys to win it. The pattern that developed was due to some posters on here, not agreeing and turning it into ''salty tears'' and ''england-haters'' etc. Just like this forum has gone the past couple of years, down the drain with childish behaviour. I don't think one foreigner (again apart from neighbouring countries) here isn't pleased for you guys. It's a major moment for you and for many of you the first in your lifetime. Enjoy it. 

9 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The other home nations I can understand. Germany, France and a few other countries in Europe too.

But what is it about England's superiority that makes the Scando lads seeth so much? ?

You've won one major trophy, wouldn't talk about superiority ;) 

20 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I don't see why you have to make things up? I haven't once said I wanted England to lose, can't think of anyone else either outside of Mike :aww:. I also said after the game that I'm happy for all you guys despite not liking this England team. I called someone paranoid when he genuinely thought I hated Englishmen deeply with a fucking passion and thought some anti-English agenda is the reason why a major decision like the penalty gets discussed around the world.

I don't like diving, no matter which nationality dives. That's clearly one difference between us.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

As if anyone gets upset about a "salty tears" comment ffs [emoji38]. It's just a bit of a laugh.

:lol: Not what I said, I suggested pata's pattern was a result of those comments. I think Pata thought it was a bit of a laugh the same way most of us look at it. Wully, however, feels disrespected. 

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Walls of salty tears posts in the thread but having a laugh back is criminal and disrespectful. And I still don’t have a clue why I would be salty. :lol:

You've definitely mastered the art of posting words that haven't ever been used in the thread by anyone else but insinuating that they have. It's a good tactic, I can appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Walls of salty tears posts in the thread but having a laugh back is criminal and disrespectful. And I still don’t have a clue why I would be salty. :lol:

If your Pata was wata we would al drown....

...in salty tears [emoji38]

Think everyone just needs to relax. England fans have been like a fat lad set free in the sweet shop after making a final, doesn't happen often haha

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

You've definitely mastered the art of posting words that haven't ever been used in the thread by anyone else but insinuating that they have. It's a good tactic, I can appreciate it.

I honestly have nothing more to say to you.