PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Decky said:

Trips was wearing the armband.

This is the minimum and probably contractual.  The fact that the clubs most prominent media platform has clearly not referenced it - when from memory, they always have previously - is sickening.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Surprised, didn't they do it last year?

Not sure specifically what it was but I'm sure the club account has supported LGBT stuff post takeover before because I remember Owen Jones criticising it on Twitter. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Dunno why people care like, it's the difference between the 80% owners being murderous homophones or being hypocritical, murderous homophobes. Kind of meaningless isn't it.

Yep,  damned if you do damned if you dont scenario.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dunno why people care like, it's the difference between the 80% owners being murderous homophones or being hypocritical, murderous homophobes. Kind of meaningless isn't it.

For me it’s about to which degree they’re influencing/controlling the club. It’s obvious which way it’s going.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dunno why people care like, it's the difference between the 80% owners being murderous homophobes or being hypocritical, murderous homophobes. Kind of meaningless isn't it.

I hoped when this takeover happened that NUFC would have a positive influence on how Saudi Arabia behaves. That for me would be enormously positive.

I'll be very annoyed if Saudi Arabia instead has a negative influence on how NUFC behaves. That for me would be quite disgusting.

This is a hint which way it might be going. As others have said, hopefully it's just a clerical error, or someone forgot. We'll see.

So, I know from friends in the community that these things can be seen as pretty shallow corporate platitudes but I still really don't like this at all. Not taking part sends a terrible message.

NUFC's community values should not be defined by the owners. 

Edited by Gallowgate Toon