PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

49 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

The penny has dropped with some Villa fans re our takeover.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/9228-lets-all-laugh-at-newcastle-again/page/530/

39 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

?? “why aren’t we Newcastle” ? So glad we got Eddie and didn’t get Gerard ?

I get the Saudi comments. It’s controversial and all that. I am not bringing that up for discussion, but what keeps amaze (no pun!;)) me is that they forget to mention the other teams that has controversial ownership. But I guess they are OK…

Anyways «why aren’t we Newcastle?» Well, let’s not forget we have also bought really smart:)

Edited by maze

When we finish in the top four the narrative among other fans will be that we’ve bought our way to success, which is the same narrative for pretty much every single team that finishes top four, it won’t be about the fact we have an outstanding manager, have bought well, have improved every part of infrastructure in the club etc, and I honestly couldn’t give a fuck

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

When we finish in the top four the narrative among other fans will be that we’ve bought our way to success, which is the same narrative for pretty much every single team that finishes top four, it won’t be about the fact we have an outstanding manager, have bought well, have improved every part of infrastructure in the club etc, and I honestly couldn’t give a fuck

Indeed, welcome to the premier league where every successful club buys it. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

It was more the comment about none of our signings being as good as Jesse Lingard :lol:

He’s been wrong about a lot of things but he don’t seem to do it with hate directed at us like some pundits do.  He’s just wrong a lot.

39 minutes ago, RS said:

Do Villa have threads about all the other clubs, or is it a continuation of their bizarre, unfathomable hatred of us?

It's so odd. Exactly the same on all many other clubs' message boards too. 

Genuinely could barely care less about any other clubs, let alone actively hate

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's so odd. Exactly the same on all many other clubs' message boards too. 

Genuinely could barely care less about any other clubs, let alone actively hate

I had a read of the Everton forum before we played them last season and they had a 600 page thread about us. Yet some on there were claiming we were obsessed about them!

Best thing about the takeover is not at all about us being "minted" - it's about how we're clearly using the money in a way that the improvement to the club is foundational and generational - appointing young, progressive senior management, sorting out the facilities, building up the youth and women's teams.

That's not so much down to the PIF. That's down to some serious fans who are serious about building up this club for long term success and being a beacon to the city and community. Amanda, Merhdad and Jamie Reuben are driving this hard and driving it well. 

If you think we're enjoying the ride now, imagine how much we (and our kids) will be enjoying the entire football scene 6 to 10 years down the road.

We're splashing the cash, but in the best way possible, IMHO.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Some fans still don’t seem to appreciate how this takeover has changed the landscape. Simply the best thing about this takeover is that nobody will sign our players unless we choose to.

I'd consider a swap for Haaland. 

We won’t sell him, I’m not worried, and he wouldn’t want to leave in a while at least. Hypothetically any team wanting to sign him would have to pay around 150m I would guess for us to even consider it. Even then we probably wouldn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Some fans still don’t seem to appreciate how this takeover has changed the landscape. Simply the best thing about this takeover is that nobody will sign our players unless we choose to.

Yes, some people still have a L O N G way to go to actually take that in, and understand the 100% change that has already occurred.

I think that even if we were perennial CL qualifiers we'd still be vulnerable to the likes of Real and Barca.

Difference is that now I'd back us to take whatever astronomical fee we get and buy three more quality players rather than see the owners use the money to buy H&M.