PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

41 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They wouldn’t know the judgement until it’s made - there wouldn’t be anything to leak

You could say the same about our takeover in fairness and we all know how many leaks there was.

49 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You could say the same about our takeover in fairness and we all know how many leaks there was.

True, but that was the PL making the decision - the arbitrator will make a decision here.  Both sets of lawyers will have presented their case, but they would have no clue as to the outcome until the judgement is given.  I’ve been through arbitration and adjudication a number of times - no matter how confident you are, you’re none the wiser until the decision is given. 

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Waugh has dropped a quota filing piece on the athletic for those with nothing else better to do. 

Rather cheesegrate my nuts.

New agreement signed with BetMGM, if there is really a deficit of 25m to make up, it won’t cover it all but it would certainly give us the option to make up the difference by offloading a player with less value than what our star players or someone like Minteh would fetch.

Wilson or Trippier leaving soon?

It's becoming increasingly obvious that in order to catch up to the numbers game that's going on that we need/must to do a few things in order to bridge the gap. 3 big moves imo:

Sponsor everything - the training kit, the training ground, as much as possible. Get as much into the club as possible. Don't care how daft we go - sponsor the fucking frying pans if necessary, max that shit out. 

New stadium - this one is the major kick in the bollocks. Most fans are attached to SJP but it's just not going to be possible to catch up AND stay at SJP. I love the bones of the place but it's an old-school football ground built to host football matches. The other 340 days of the year where there isn't a football game on it's just sitting there hosting the odd tour or the odd function or whatever. 

Selling big players - We've got some absolute gems in the squad. Isak, Bruno, Gordon followed closely by Botman, Barnes, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Tino & Hall but after that there's little else of real value. We will need to sell a few of that lot in the very near future in order to be able to spend more and add to that list. It's a gradual process but we'll need to bite the bullet eventually. Invest well, buy young, pack out the academy and develop them and add to that pool is going to take a decade tbh

Posted (edited)

Listened to the athletic podcast about us and it was quite surprising tbh. Waugh and Ornstein between them were very surface level. No discussion on how ridiculous the rules are, we were slammed for our treatment of Minteh and Ornstein was parroting the north London line of well maybe we should check the communication of clubs involved in these deals :lol:

it’s really alarming to me that the football media are happy to parrot this stuff, monitor clubs communication ffs can you even imagine? 

Also Waugh talking and parroting about cashflow? I don’t think that’s an issue for us so please don’t parrot it. We are restricted due to rules which make no sense and diminish the sporting integrity of the league that is the only reason. 

On a separate un related note, the FT yesterday said he the football regulator bill will be passed by labour pretty quickly so it will be interested if that impacts things. 

Edited by r0cafella

Posted (edited)

I've never known them be so determined about anything (world cup bids, respecting officials, punishing clubs for trying to form other leagues,  genuinely protecting clubs from doing a Leeds) as they are about wanting to maintain the status quo and deduct points from and punish other clubs - just for trying to compete. They'd sooner see half the league on minus points, clubs qualifying for the PL/CL and weakening themselves and creating new rules bi-monthly to offset it than allow it to happen.

Edited by Jonas

20 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Given the money that Manure are getting for front of shirt and lack of CL, I’d say there’s wiggle room for a bit more money from SELA. 

Add on that Spurs are in their 2nd consecutive year without Champions League football as well. We could easily go back and say this is FMV.

Just now, Stifler said:

Add on that Spurs are in their 2nd consecutive year without Champions League football as well. We could easily go back and say this is FMV.

If we have a contract with Sela which we do how do you propose we break it?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If we have a contract with Sela which we do how do you propose we break it?

I’m not proposing that we break it. I’m just saying next time a contract comes around, we should be able push for more, because other ‘top 6’ clubs are getting it and for a couple of seasons at least during said contracts, they were playing/finishing on par with or below us.

Edited by Stifler

Just now, Stifler said:

I’m not propping we break it. I’m just saying next time a contract comes around, we should be able push for more, because other ‘top 6’ clubs are getting it and for a couple of seasons at least during said contracts, they were playing/finishing on par with or below us.

Next time round we will definitely be asking more and have metrics to back it up :thup:

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m not proposing that we break it. I’m just saying next time a contract comes around, we should be able push for more, because other ‘top 6’ clubs are getting it and for a couple of seasons at least during said contracts, they were playing/finishing on par with or below us.

Contracts for sponsorship can be renegotiated at anytime surely? The club could enter negotiations with Sela now to increase the annual amount if both parties agree.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

Contracts for sponsorship can be renegotiated at anytime surely? The club could enter negotiations with Sela now to increase the annual amount if both parties agree.

Yeah probably but it would run foul of related party transaction rules because it makes no commercial sense for the sponsor to renegotiate such an agreement upwards. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Yeah increase the money add a year to the term.  Both parties get a win. Do that every year. You could even make the extra year option just for sela to exercise.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

18 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Listened to the athletic podcast about us and it was quite surprising tbh. Waugh and Ornstein between them were very surface level. No discussion on how ridiculous the rules are, we were slammed for our treatment of Minteh and Ornstein was parroting the north London line of well maybe we should check the communication of clubs involved in these deals :lol:

it’s really alarming to me that the football media are happy to parrot this stuff, monitor clubs communication ffs can you even imagine? 

Also Waugh talking and parroting about cashflow? I don’t think that’s an issue for us so please don’t parrot it. We are restricted due to rules which make no sense and diminish the sporting integrity of the league that is the only reason. 

On a separate un related note, the FT yesterday said he the football regulator bill will be passed by labour pretty quickly so it will be interested if that impacts things. 

The regulator is a terrible idea - there is already the FA, the last thing football needs is some minister adding even more rules on for clubs to obey

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah probably but it would run foul of related party transaction rules because it makes no commercial sense for the sponsor to renegotiate such an agreement upwards. 

Adidas and Jeep did it for Juventus when Ronaldo signed for them. 

Edited by kocunar

29 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

The regulator is a terrible idea - there is already the FA, the last thing football needs is some minister adding even more rules on for clubs to obey

Perfectly happy with it myself.  Football clubs are community assets, and have shown that they can’t self-govern

44 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Disagree, the PL is not fit to govern itself.

It's also not a minister, it'll be an independent regulator. 

The Premier league chief was vetted by the big six. They decide the rules and the Premier league abides by them or atleast brings these to the table to vote on. A independent regulator wouldn't be swayed can only be better in the long run. 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

The Premier league chief was vetted by the big six. They decide the rules and the Premier league abides by them or atleast brings these to the table to vote on. A independent regulator wouldn't be swayed can only be better in the long run. 

Any regulator would only have a budget of £10 million……….tiny by PL standards, not sure what we can expect from them.

https://www.aoshearman.com/en/insights/moving-the-goalposts-football-governance-bill