PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It remains a head scratcher to me that they haven’t tried something along those lines.  It has been painfully slow in terms of getting sponsors in

Yes, I'm amazed we haven't gone down that road or exploited other loopholes like Chelsea. 

12 hours ago, The Butcher said:

I don't mind Saudi Arabia hosting it as it's a middle sized country population wise and when I was last there about 10 years ago I did see a fair few people playing football. 

Qatar was a joke at the place is so small. Another World Cup that could only be held in Winter would be a joint bid from SE Asia countries, say Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore that would be amazing. 

I like the sound of multi club. Don’t like the sound of 777.

Though I do like this 

“It's understood PIF believe a multi-club network, coupled with proposed new financial rules similar to UEFA's squad cost control measures, will give them more financial freedom and allow Newcastle to compete with the big six.”

Edited by Joelinton7

Meetings have taken place, with Red Star (France) and Standard Liege (Belgium) both discussed. PIF-entity SURJ has also been involved in discussions. 777 also owns Genoa in Italy, Hertha Berlin in Germany and Vasco de Gama in Brazil, and holds minority stakes in Sevilla and Melbourne Victory.

That's the key quote, looks like they're buying a club off 777 rather than partnering with them.

With this new arena down the quayside running into financial problems, would surely be an avenue for PIF to explore and maybe step in.

Would be an excellent revenue stream for the club potentially and I’m sure they could build something even grander than originally proposed.

Clearly in early days of their ownership, but would really like some plans for infrastructure investment in the city which would be a lasting legacy.

23 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

With this new arena down the quayside running into financial problems, would surely be an avenue for PIF to explore and maybe step in.

Would be an excellent revenue stream for the club potentially and I’m sure they could build something even grander than originally proposed.

Clearly in early days of their ownership, but would really like some plans for infrastructure investment in the city which would be a lasting legacy.

Aren’t city’s owners involved with that new arena in Manchester?

15 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aren’t city’s owners involved with that new arena in Manchester?

Far as I’m aware the City Group own it alongside an American music group, the new arena has definitely ground to a halt due to soaring costs, could be a great opportunity for PIF to step in.