PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I don’t think Howe has anything to be concerned about. IIRC he was the one Al-Rumayyan wanted but the others opted for Emery. 

Hopefully the club will be run sensibly as it has been so far, with the relevant executives knowing their stuff and having autonomy. 

We don't have any reason to think someone from PIF is going to be on the phone asking for the manager to be sacked. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hopefully the club will be run sensibly as it has been so far, with the relevant executives knowing their stuff and having autonomy. 

We don't have any reason to think someone from PIF is going to be on the phone asking for the manager to be sacked. 

Aye, if anything you’d expect Mitchell and Eales to be given the autonomy to decide on who the manager is.

Would be shocked if we don’t give Howe time. Haven’t seen anything to suggest that PIF or Eales panic (aside from last weekend)

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Sad day, undoubtedly the human face of the club and the tenacity she showed to rid us of the parasite will never be forgotten in this city.

Think we’d already seen though that Eales and Silverstone have assumed running of the business side and bar giving her a non executive role, I suspect they’ve thought the time is right for them to concentrate on other things as the day to day running of the club now takes care of itself.

Her and husband will always be warmly welcomed and hopefully she is there when we finally lift that first trophy.

she played that role really well and its one we'll miss. 

sort of a buffer for PIF.

just connected and understood the fans.

As much as some love to get a throb on about ruthlessness, the fact the article even mentions how process drive PIF are as a criticism, goes to show how unlikely it is they'll resort to a knee jerk reaction. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye, if anything you’d expect Mitchell and Eales to be given the autonomy to decide on who the manager is.

Would be shocked if we don’t give Howe time. Haven’t seen anything to suggest that PIF or Eales panic (aside from last weekend)

They won't panic but I think Howe has to deliver top 4/5 next season.

Had to double check the date in the article because it sounded far too long ago but it is indeed nearly 7 years since she first appeared at that Liverpool game. 

Even a year ago Amanda was talking as if the people she brought in (Darren, Dan, etc) were there to help her.

Just feels strange - maybe i am reading too much into it

6 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

They won't panic but I think Howe has to deliver top 4/5 next season.

Depends on the circumstances. I think those in charge understand about last season and how much was out of his control.

1 hour ago, duo said:

I still don't understand why people thought it was inevitable that they would leave - Amanda was quite clear when they bought the club that they were in it for the long run

It just won't be the same - they were just brilliant ambassadors for the club.  Made the club feel connected with the fans.

The “we” is all of them / PIF. And it was inevitable because of the vast difference in resources between PCP and PIF, the nature of her role, and (possibly) her on-going legal losses.

I hope they will still attend some games even if it is just for the London games.

Seems strange after all that effort to buy the club and emotional involvement for them to cut ties completely.  It would be nice for them to have some sort of honorary position that keeps them connected to the club.

59 minutes ago, Wallace said:

I hope they will still attend some games even if it is just for the London games.

Seems strange after all that effort to buy the club and emotional involvement for them to cut ties completely.  It would be nice for them to have some sort of honorary position that keeps them connected to the club.

Guess it's just their job but I'm certain they did get emotionally attached to the club and city. PCP never had the funds to keep up with PIF and Reuben's but they'll be handsomely rewarded for their role in brokering the deal. I'm not sure what we are valued at right now but it has to have at least doubled since the takeover. At £600m they would walk away with a ~£10m profit, £800m valuation and it's over £20m even with the dilution. 

This is all speculation but IMO their 10% was just a PR trick to get more acceptable faces to lead the takeover and the first years after it for both the media and the public. They probably would have liked to stay in some role after falling in love but it's impossible if PIF are serious about the new training centre and a new/renovated stadium and the money is most likely meaningful to them after the legal battles.

Thanks for everything and no matter what happens in the future, we'll be in a better place than before Staveley first entered the stadium.

13 minutes ago, Pata said:

Guess it's just their job but I'm certain they did get emotionally attached to the club and city. PCP never had the funds to keep up with PIF and Reuben's but they'll be handsomely rewarded for their role in brokering the deal. I'm not sure what we are valued at right now but it has to have at least doubled since the takeover. At £600m they would walk away with a ~£10m profit, £800m valuation and it's over £20m even with the dilution. 

This is all speculation but IMO their 10% was just a PR trick to get more acceptable faces to lead the takeover and the first years after it for both the media and the public. They probably would have liked to stay in some role after falling in love but it's impossible if PIF are serious about the new training centre and a new/renovated stadium and the money is most likely meaningful to them after the legal battles.

Thanks for everything and no matter what happens in the future, we'll be in a better place than before Staveley first entered the stadium.

How much are even valued at right now? Can’t see it being more than 600m

3 hours ago, duo said:

I still don't understand why people thought it was inevitable that they would leave - Amanda was quite clear when they bought the club that they were in it for the long run

It just won't be the same - they were just brilliant ambassadors for the club.  Made the club feel connected with the fans.

She’s talked before about her stake being diluted.  I doubt she is surprised or upset about any of this - she will have achieved what she got into this for. 

Just now, Jack27 said:

That's double what they paid. I find it hard to believe that a EPL team that finished 7th and 4th the last two years carries that value. Now I know fuck all but it seems to me it's more than that. Some foundations are in place for someone if they sold.

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

That's double what they paid. I find it hard to believe that a EPL team that finished 7th and 4th the last two years carries that value. Now I know fuck all but it seems to me it's more than that. Some foundations are in place for someone if they sold.

It will be comfortably double what was paid.  NUFC’s price was already undercooked due to poor commercial performance.  The agreed price for Everton last November was £550m.  

Just now, McDog said:

Agree, if a bobbins club on the verge of relegation was £300m, £600m for the current NUFC feels low.

I know it's only Transfermarkt and some German fella in a basement but just our playing squad is valued at roughly ~£600m there. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

It will be comfortably double what was paid.  NUFC’s price was already undercooked due to poor commercial performance.  The agreed price for Everton last November was £550m.  

I stated that poorly. I meant that also is way undervalued. I doubt 600M is accurate because they are worth more. 900M? 1B?

They have the foundations in place.

Just now, Pata said:

Agree, if a bobbins club on the verge of relegation was £300m, £600m for the current NUFC feels low.

I know it's only Transfermarkt and some German fella in a basement but just our playing squad is valued at roughly ~£600m there. 

I stated it very poorly like I always do. I think PIF could get alot more than that.

Forbes says $795 million i.e. 618 million pounds

https://www.forbes.com/lists/soccer-valuations/

Transfermarkt says 657 million euros i.e. 554 million pounds

https://www.transfermarkt.us/premier-league/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/GB1

Sportico says $700 million  i.e. 544 million pounds

https://d3data.sportico.com/SoccerValuations/SoccerValuationsList.html

No idea how reliable those figures are.

Ultimately her job is to be the “cover” of the ultimate owner, Al-Rumayyan. The takeover was a very difficult project. Just think about the complication of PIF / Al-Rumayyan, the hardship of dealing with Ashley, and connection / relationship with other owners in EPL, and to the govern bodies etc…I think it’s fair to say without Staveley, the takeover won’t come true. Likely it would have collapsed in the middle of the process.

Even though Al-Runayyan has his own issues, I do think Newcastle United has never been in such a good condition that we have no worries re our financial status nor the ambition of our management. They do want to win. We are edging closer and closer to those trophies.  Other parties are trying to stop it from happening but we all have faith.

Without Staveley we won’t be in this position. She deserved all our utmost respect for her work done for us, even if it’s just part of her job. She has done her part and now likely she has to move onto other projects, being the broker of Al-Rumayyan again (my wild guess only)

We will all miss her. Thank you Staveley.

8 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We don't?

Isn't that how major shareholders who are actively invested should act? Not sacking Howe obviously but the ultimate shot-caller?