PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

What the USA does or doesn’t do won’t effect us in anyway. He went in to his tenure saying he would clamp down on Saudi and 18 months later, he’s done fuck all. This is all bluff to try and pressure them to produce more oil so that oil prices can come down.

The USA and U.K. will keep selling them weapons so long as they are willing to keep oil flowing and and the rest of the middle in line.

Not sure about that mind. We are the USA's pet, and when they say "jump" we say "how high?". Added to the fact that we need a post-Brexit trade deal with them too, I wouldn't be surprised to see this get messy.

It's why I am just enjoying this ride while I can and, especially in the current climate, won't be making any confident assumptions about how long this ownership will be around for. 

Just hope they stick around long enough to build that new training complex.....

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Not sure about that mind. We are the USA's pet, and when they say "jump" we say "how high?". Added to the fact that we need a post-Brexit trade deal with them too, I wouldn't be surprised to see this get messy.

It's why I am just enjoying this ride while I can and, especially in the current climate, won't be making any confident assumptions about how long this ownership will be around for. 

I mean Chelsea have landed on their feet. If it did go south and we lost them we’d still have Ashley gone.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I mean Chelsea have landed on their feet. If it did go south and we lost them we’d still have Ashley gone.

We wouldn't have their luck, and would probably end up in the hands of Henry Fucking Mauriss. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Nothing is going to happen, you've been reading too many mackem posts :lol:

Spotted it myself actually. No doubt they will be all over it soon enough though. [emoji38]

I've seen too many false dawns to get cocky about our future at the moment. When we have a state of the art training complex and and an all-new SJP I will start to relax, lol.

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Spotted it myself actually. No doubt they will be all over it soon enough though. [emoji38]

I've seen too many false dawns to get cocky about our future at the moment. When we have a state of the art training complex and and an all-new SJP I will start to relax, lol.

Oh they are :lol:

Obviously don't want the club to be sold now but it'd be interesting to see how the value of us has changed in the last year. A year ago, we were sold for £300m, while in the relegation zone with a fat mess of a dinosaur in charge, now we're comfortable in the top half of the league with one of the best managers in the league having had £200m invested in the playing squad plus however much has been spent on the training ground and SJP and back room/top level staff.

Probably be worth well over twice as much as we were sold for, which just shows what an absolute shit show Ashley was running. 

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

No post brexit trade deal is happening with Biden's team either way and our government are well aware of that.  There's no chance of any major sanctions on Saudi from us no matter what Biden says.  That's if he's even serious, most of what he says these days is to deflect from the astronomical mess he's made of his presidency so far.

15 minutes ago, Teasy said:

No post brexit trade deal is happening with Biden's team either way and our government are well aware of that.  There's no chance of any major sanctions on Saudi from us no matter what Biden says.  That's if he's even serious, most of what he says these days is to deflect from the astronomical mess he's made of his presidency so far.

Spot on ??

1 minute ago, bobloblaw said:

Biden stepped on his dick when running and claiming he'll be tough on the Saudis.  There were exactly 0 votes to be won doing so, and a whole host of problems have come of it.

Was it not the standard thing of say you'll do something then shift the viewpoint. Trumps drain the swamp was really "create a deeper,darker swamp".

1 minute ago, madras said:

Was it not the standard thing of say you'll do something then shift the viewpoint. Trumps drain the swamp was really "create a deeper,darker swamp".

If it was, it hasn't been very successful.  He hasn't let it go.  Saudis have been hosting the Chinese and talking about ending the petrodollar.  I'll just leave it there so not to derail the thread into US politics.

14 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Newcastle United officials are prepared to meet with the club’s supporters to discuss renaming St James’ Park.

The club are ready to gauge whether fans will accept a sponsor being added to the name of the stadium they have played at since 1892.

Under a proposed idea being considered by the Newcastle board, St James’ Park would potentially be retained but followed by the name of a sponsor in order to increase commercial income.

Newcastle became 80 per cent owned by Saudi Arabia’s public investment fund in October last year after a £305 million takeover, but a tightening of Premier League rules on sponsorship means they feel constrained by Financial Fair Play regulations.

The move is seen as contentious enough for senior figures to want to meet with supporters in a series of town hall meetings, The Times has learned, before any potential change is made.

Club officials are keen to distance themselves from the controversy that Mike Ashley, the previous owner, caused when he added his company, Sports Direct, to the stadium name. Instead, they plan to see if supporters will accept the name St James’ Park, followed by “powered by” and then the name of a new sponsor.

Ashley’s attempt to rename St James’ Park was one of the most controversial moments in his 14-year tenure. Newcastle announced in November 2009 that the ground would be called “sportsdirect.com@StJames’ParkStadium”. Two years later it was renamed the Sports Direct Arena and signs were put up to replace St James’ Park on the outside of the ground. The name was only officially changed back in October 2012 when payday lenders Wonga became the club’s shirt sponsor and, as part of that agreement, purchased the naming rights and had the name altered back to St James’ Park.

Newcastle have spent £215 million on eight players in the two transfer windows since the takeover took place but are keen to overhaul the commercial side of the club and want to dramatically increase revenue streams. They believe this is one potential avenue. The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has attracted interest from Google recently, with a reported £25 million-a-year deal being discussed, while other sponsored stadiums include Arsenal’s Emirates and Manchester City’s Etihad.

Newcastle have no plans to move from St James’ Park, despite the present demand for tickets outstripping the 52,000 capacity.

The commercial limitations inherited by the new owners are such that Newcastle’s present shirt sponsorship deal with Fun88, which they inherited from Ashley, is being concluded early, at the end of this season, and is worth only £7 million a year.

The club are about to embark on a global effort to find a new shirt sponsor, in a deal they hope will dwarf that amount. They also intend to appoint a new chief commercial officer soon.

It won't bring in the money people think, it'll fetch circa half the transfer fee for a decent PL midfielder. Top level football continues to sell away bits of its soul piece by piece and one of the final bits left is that many clubs play at their original grounds with their original names. 

Keep ours.