PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

Mahrez, Laporte and Milinković-Savić from the Saudi Pro League and Newcastle become a top 4 team again.

All other multi club models have benefited from each other, why wouldn't Newcastle?

Because the KSA govt bought those players to benefit their own league?  Why would they just give them to us?

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I also think Abramovic was great for the PL brand. That "big 4" was great for the PL. Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Benitez. For the previous decade, it was Man U + 1 and English clubs were largely off it in the European Cup / Champions League.

Yeah. I think once City got involved and potentially us, it's upset them a lot. They were still guaranteed to challenge and be in the CL more often than not. The new money ruined that for them. Sod them. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Because the KSA govt bought those players to benefit their own league?  Why would they just give them to us?

Cause they can buy more.

Infinite money glitch. Newcastle on the other hand are hamstrung by rules and regulations in their particular league.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It seems like some still think that the Saudis are going to put NUFC ahead of their own national interests....that's just not going to happen. But on the plus side, NUFC doing well is now also a matter of pride for them, so the two aren't mutually exclusive.

7 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

You’re presuming that the owners aren’t intending to do similar to the Man City owners to that deprived area of the city. Was the fact that Newcastle is ripe for redevelopment not part of the appeal?

They did have a bit of an advantage in that the club was essentially gifted a new stadium in an area built for it. It’s not like they were moving into Maine Road.

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

They did have a bit of an advantage in that the club was essentially gifted a new stadium in an area built for it. It’s not like they were moving into Maine Road.

Well yes but have Abu Dhabi not completely redeveloped much of east Manchester? 

19 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I didn’t say it was? I’m well aware of this issues that their redevelopment has caused, but it’s no different to the gentrification that has happened in every city post redevelopment. Abu Dhabi aren’t responsible for the broken U.K. housing market, that existed far before they took over City

I was speaking to Falcons fan today after mentioning that I went to Kingston Park yesterday. He says that him and a lot of fans have the impression that sooner or later that PIF/consortium will buy them. Apparently they are keen for an refurbished Kingston Park to become the home base for the women and academy teams.

I’m not sure how much interest they would have in Rugby because the figure just aren’t there, but then if the Saudi’s are more interested in just doing a clean sweep in sport then it would make sense.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I was speaking to Falcons fan today after mentioning that I went to Kingston Park yesterday. He says that him and a lot of fans have the impression that sooner or later that PIF/consortium will buy them. Apparently they are keen for an refurbished Kingston Park to become the home base for the women and academy teams.

I’m not sure how much interest they would have in Rugby because the figure just aren’t there, but then if the Saudi’s are more interested in just doing a clean sweep in sport then it would make sense.

The Durham CCC CEO hinted a few weeks ago that the Saudi‘s were wanting to set up a new Hundred franchise up here too. Be a difficult sell to the members as a decent majority are from Wearside!

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

The Durham CCC CEO hinted a few weeks ago that the Saudi‘s were wanting to set up a new Hundred franchise up here too. Be a difficult sell to the members as a decent majority are from Wearside!

???????”well come on in”

23 minutes ago, NSG said:

In that case do the right and proper thing - and try to make Northumberland into a first class cricket county …

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

In that case do the right and proper thing - and try to make Northumberland into a first class cricket county …

Would be immense. Derrim Cricket in the mud, mackems raging. 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Can’t see that happening. Prior to Durham becoming a first class county Northumberland and Durham had a combined xi playing in the minor counties league. As part of the restructure of North East cricket Durham was selected as the premier county as the ECB wouldn’t accept a combined county. It’s one of the reasons why Durham plays the odd game north of the Tyne, initially Jesmond now South North at Gosforth 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I think that's more in hope than expectation, unless they have some inside knowledge. Professional rugby is an absolute money pit, especially up here where there just isn't enough of an appetite for it.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

I think that's more in hope than expectation, unless they have some inside knowledge. Professional rugby is an absolute money pit, especially up here where there just isn't enough of an appetite for it.

Yep, it just doesn’t have any worldwide traction to make it a goer I would think.  NZ is the only country where it’s the national sport - and it has a tiny population.  Most of the countries that play it have it as a minority sport - here in Australia it barely registers at all; no bugger is interested. 

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

With their Formula 1 connections, could be a new Lister Storm in our future.

Underrated tweet. Remember the old Black and White club videos and seeing the Lister Storm at its brand spanking new best. Wonder where it is now.

Can’t see them being interested in domestic English cricket, it has barely any audience in the UK.

If they go into cricket it will be the IPL.

I can see the club wanting to buy Kingston Park, but it would probably be to upgrade the facilities for the women’s, reserves and youth teams that already use it