PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure if it's PIF related, but Saudi investors looking to buy a stake in to 3 Rugby Union clubs, including Newcastle Falcons. 

It is, saw a post on Twitter, fans of other clubs are already saying it has to be stopped. Clubs are Falcons, Leicester, Northampton and Gloucester.

Someone mentioned PIF getting into rugby and I shot the idea down at the time so credit where its due. Would love to see someone invest in the Falcons, although that article suggests they'd be looking at 10% of multiple clubs rather than investing heavily in one.

14 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Someone mentioned PIF getting into rugby and I shot the idea down at the time so credit where its due. Would love to see someone invest in the Falcons, although that article suggests they'd be looking at 10% of multiple clubs rather than investing heavily in one.

It was me, I heard it from a Falcons fan that I know.

The theory is that aside from owning them and developing them, they also want to developed Kingston Park and use it as an academy/womens stadium similar to the one in Manchester, obviously hosting the Falcons as well.

Rugby isn’t for me, but my sister and nieces play it. I’d like for someone to come along and invest in as many sports in the area as possible to make Newcastle a sports city.

Hopefully they do invest in the Falcons, bring them kicking and screaming into 2024 and create a women’s team for the final women’s premiership spot 

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

The theory is that aside from owning them and developing them, they also want to developed Kingston Park and use it as an academy/womens stadium similar to the one in Manchester, obviously hosting the Falcons as well.

Rugby isn’t for me, but my sister and nieces play it. I’d like for someone to come along and invest in as many sports in the area as possible to make Newcastle a sports city.

Didn't some bullshitting, tory donating fraud come out with that kind off patter years ago? Only to not put a penny into it then swan off into the sunset rich af? 😉

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Didn't some bullshitting, tory donating fraud come out with that kind off patter years ago? Only to not put a penny into it then swan off into the sunset rich af? 😉

John Hall?

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I shot it down too.  Apologies Stiffmeister :) 

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Since the transfer window is now closed can I go back to getting excited only for sponsorships and new training ground plans

New training ground announcement imminent if you believe the craic with site now chosen.