PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

28 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Great, let’s bring in new rules that allow new owners a 3 year FFP dispensation period… 3 years after the Newcastle takeover :lol:

Aye but Man Utd are about to get a new owner, and Chelsea are on the verge of hitting trouble less than 2 years into their owners ownership.

It just needs scrapping - ruining the competition of the the league.  Getting boring City winning year on year - though only after City have been robbed of all their titles for blatantly cheating.  

Edited by duo

8 hours ago, duo said:

I do enjoy Simon Jordan - a man who’s time at Palace ended in administration - telling everyone that unlike him they have no experience in running a football club.  Not sure he’s the one I’d take advice from if I did.

I’ve no issue with FFP - my issue is with it not being independently governed, which also results in a lack of flexibility; the current rules set only to protect the status quo. 

While every article in the press like this is a very small step forward, I do believe it's going to take a club to challenge ffp before anything will be done.

The premier league won't want to upset the "big" clubs unless their hands are tied.

Edited by beardsleymagic

23 minutes ago, beardsleymagic said:

While every article in the press like this is a very small step forward, I do believe it's going to take a club to challenge ffp before anything will be done.

The premier league won't want to upset the "big" clubs unless their hands are tied.

In the article NFFC have engaged Nick De Marco so who knows, clearly more and more clubs are unhappy with FFP certainly in it’s current form. Why not allow clubs, if there owners can afford to, spend the same amounts the cartel clubs spend? Seems a bit fairer.

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

In the article NFFC have engaged Nick De Marco so who knows, clearly more and more clubs are unhappy with FFP certainly in its current form. Why not allow clubs, if there owners can afford to, spend the same amounts the cartel clubs spend? Seems a bit fairer.

I can assure your most clubs are very happy with FFP. only those with rich owners who have ambition to challenge don’t like it. The rest love the status quo. 

I think we already know what the PL’s legal defence vs Forest will be.  That it isn’t a restriction of trade - Forest are free to spend as much money as they want.  They just can’t be a member of the PL while doing it - they can leave and earn what they want if they wish.  They aren’t forced to be the in PL. 

I don’t think FFP’s legal abolition via commercial law is as shut and closed as many may think.  

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think we already know what the PL’s legal defence vs Forest will be.  That it isn’t a restriction of trade - Forest are free to spend as much money as they want.  They just can’t be a member of the PL while doing it - they can leave and earn what they want if they wish.  They aren’t forced to be the in PL. 

I don’t think FFP’s legal abolition via commercial law is as shut and closed as many may think.  

That isn’t a defence by the PL, it’s an ultimatum, as I’ve said many times the PL are not above or exempt from competition law.

37 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

That isn’t a defence by the PL, it’s an ultimatum, as I’ve said many times the PL are not above or exempt from competition law.

Never said that they were - but this was the finding against UEFA too.  They can’t prevent clubs leaving, and membership is ultimately voluntary.  No-one forces a club to be in the PL.  I don’t think this is quite as open-and-shut as you’re assuming. 

27 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Never said that they were - but this was the finding against UEFA too.  They can’t prevent clubs leaving, and membership is ultimately voluntary.  No-one forces a club to be in the PL.  I don’t think this is quite as open-and-shut as you’re assuming. 

FIFA, UEFA and the PL wanted to impose caps on agents fees,  rulings not just in English Courts but also German Courts ruled that governing bodies should not involve themselves in commercial activities, the agents winning there case as it was seen as a breach of competition law.

FFP and FMV although a different case are rules that interfere with a clubs commercial activities the principal being that governing bodies imposing financial restrictions on clubs is doing just that. I do think that such a case is a lot clearer than you think it is. I’ll post this tweet again where it’s put it clearer terms by NDM. I know a few don’t like him however he is far more knowledgeable in this area than any of us on this forum.

https://x.com/nickdemarco_/status/1735644167521341793?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ

https://x.com/footballforum01/status/1741087495914135774?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ

Just now, FloydianMag said:

FIFA, UEFA and the PL wanted to impose caps on agents fees,  rulings not just in English Courts but also German Courts ruled that governing bodies should not involve themselves in commercial activities, the agents winning there case as it was seen as a breach of competition law.

FFP and FMV although a different case are rules that interfere with a clubs commercial activities the principal being that governing bodies imposing financial restrictions on clubs is doing just that. I do think that such a case is a lot clearer than you think it is. I’ll post this tweet again where it’s put it clearer terms by NDM. I know a few don’t like him however he is far more knowledgeable in this area than any of us on this forum.

https://x.com/nickdemarco_/status/1735644167521341793?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ

https://x.com/footballforum01/status/1741087495914135774?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ

I agree NDM is more knowledgeable than any of us.  But it doesn’t mean he’s more knowledgeable than the PL’s legal team.  We’ll have to wait and see mate, I think NDM has won himself more work via his visibility as well as his knowledge. 

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I agree NDM is more knowledgeable than any of us.  But it doesn’t mean he’s more knowledgeable than the PL’s legal team.  We’ll have to wait and see mate, I think NDM has won himself more work via his visibility as well as his knowledge. 

Why not, legal practise is also a business albeit a lucrative business and he’s just given the PL’s legal team a bloody nose in the Football agents case.

Edited by FloydianMag

As slowly depressing as it all feels that increase in revenue it's good and that's before sela and addidas, we're making more money we just need to buy and sell cleverly which will be sad but for the first time i am sure we will replace players with other good ones

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It's clear that we are going to have to sell one of Bruno , Isak or Botman at some point very soon to help with FFP, very likely to be Bruno I would have thought . 

Selling Wilson and Almiron for £30-40m together would make a lot of room for transfers.