PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

My boycott of SD has been easy to uphold because I refused to go in long before Ashley bought Newcastle and before I had ever heard of him.  I just couldn’t stand the shop and the claustrophobic feel with everything crammed altogether and piled high.  Expect it is better today but have no interest in finding out.

Persuaded my Mam to boycott which she still does - much to the amusement of my brothers and their wives when she goes shopping with them and will stand outside waiting for them rather than enter the store.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

My wife once bought me something from SD and I was so angry.

For a non-football fan it's hard to understand. As a football fan, that was a red-card offence.

Do you generally have a red/ yellow card system in place for domestic situations? 

I certainly approve, but no doubt the wife would get VAR involved to point out that thing ten years ago.

52 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Do you generally have a red/ yellow card system in place for domestic situations? 

I certainly approve, but no doubt the wife would get VAR involved to point out that thing ten years ago.

I don’t but you get the point. It was a genuine ‘do you even know me?’ moment. 

Like if I needed shoes and SD was the only place to buy shoes. I would walk home barefoot. 

Since he’s left I’ve softened my stance on him and his businesses.  As an owner he was awful and saw the club decline almost irreconcilably. But he could’ve been a little worse and more vindictive. I guess. And Flannels is canny with a sale. 

48 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t but you get the point. It was a genuine ‘do you even know me?’ moment. 

Like if I needed shoes and SD was the only place to buy shoes. I would walk home barefoot. 

Since he’s left I’ve softened my stance on him and his businesses.  As an owner he was awful and saw the club decline almost irreconcilably. But he could’ve been a little worse and more vindictive. I guess. And Flannels is canny with a sale. 

I know, it just made me laugh man.

I haven't softened my stance to him at all, though. Even things like putting Bruce on that rolling contract meaning he'd get a whopping payout still annoy me. But hey, he's old news and hopefully that's where he stays, which I guess is where you're coming from.

Edited by Abacus

18 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Only used SD as a last resort, since theirs no other sports retailers except decathlon.

Start Fitness? 

Should be instead focusing on installing a Sporting Director and or new manager and or new left back and or new centre forward and or new stadium!

Just now, TBG said:

Should be instead focusing on installing a Sporting Director and or new manager and or new left back and or new centre forward and or new stadium!

And or new training ground 

31 minutes ago, TBG said:

Howe out. Outrageous

Just now, Ben said:

When the Saudis invest money does she and the Reuben's invest 10% ?

Supposed to but AS hasn’t been able to the last few times so her shares have diluted slightly

Just now, Jack27 said:

Supposed to but AS hasn’t been able to the last few times so her shares have diluted slightly

Yeah, her holding is just under 7% now iirc 

52 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

New RW? Nah

saving Staveley from a Greek shipping tycoon? Go on then

Were you around when Ashley owned the club?  Back then craning in a shipping container was more likely for new changing facilities than converting to a bar for supporters enjoyment. 
I find it bizarre how some people are pissed off by the slightest thing going on involving our new owners, yet were almost accepting of how Ashley let the club wither. 

11 minutes ago, RS said:

Were you around when Ashley owned the club?  Back then craning in a shipping container was more likely for new changing facilities than converting to a bar for supporters enjoyment. 
I find it bizarre how some people are pissed off by the slightest thing going on involving our new owners, yet were almost accepting of how Ashley let the club wither. 

I mean I was being sarcastic but go off king

3 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Newcastle United director Amanda Staveley fails to throw out bankruptcy claim

this seems less than ideal

can see this being a huge distraction