Watford 1-1 Newcastle United (25/09/21)

Disco

1 hour ago, Chris c said:

I was at the game today (supporting Watford) but a couple of observations. I admit that we were shocking , probably our worst performance of the season which isn’t saying much. The ref was absolutely horrendous for both sides. It reached a nadir when having ruled out our goal he then pointed to the centre circle! For what it’s worth the most puzzling aspect of today was despite being on top once you had scored the time wasting went into overdrive, the highlight being when Matty Longstaff (who had a good game) suddenly , with nobody within several yards of him threw himself to the ground clutching his face. If you had continued as before you would have won easily. After we equalised the time wasting stopped and you could have won several times over. Just bizarre tactics. My wife’s family are from Newcastle and I hope that we both stay up but it does look unlikely!

The bizarre tactics are typical of Bruce, not that surprising considering he thinks tactics are a waste of time. If we take the lead then we have to defend it and hope we hang onto it by parking the bus. If we go behind, then we need to throw 4 strikers on the pitch and take all the wide men off the pitch and hope somehow the ball ends up with the strikers in front of goal. 

1 hour ago, Chris c said:

I was at the game today (supporting Watford) but a couple of observations. I admit that we were shocking , probably our worst performance of the season which isn’t saying much. The ref was absolutely horrendous for both sides. It reached a nadir when having ruled out our goal he then pointed to the centre circle! For what it’s worth the most puzzling aspect of today was despite being on top once you had scored the time wasting went into overdrive, the highlight being when Matty Longstaff (who had a good game) suddenly , with nobody within several yards of him threw himself to the ground clutching his face. If you had continued as before you would have won easily. After we equalised the time wasting stopped and you could have won several times over. Just bizarre tactics. My wife’s family are from Newcastle and I hope that we both stay up but it does look unlikely!

I think you'll at least have a decent chance of staying up. You've had a pretty solid start and your club will make a change in management and/or will be bring in new players in January as needed if you are struggling.

No chance of that for us though. We're already pretty much done I think.

That back pass to ASM, I cannot believe he doesn't loop the keeper initially, and then when he runs at him I was shocked he didn't just look to make space and shoot as soon as possible and then not just that he keeps on running towards the keeper and then does a bloody step over :lol:

ASM is class, but that was the silliest thing I've seen in a while. Only for him to then play a poor ball that was behind Longstaff who then awkwardly skied the ball over. Terrible phase of play.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

That back pass to ASM, I cannot believe he doesn't loop the keeper initially, and then when he runs at him I was shocked he didn't just look to make space and shoot as soon as possible and then not just that he keeps on running towards the keeper and then does a bloody step over :lol:

ASM is class, but that was the silliest thing I've seen in a while. Only for him to then play a poor ball that was behind Longstaff who then awkwardly skied the ball over. Terrible phase of play.

I was watching it live and I couldn’t believe that he didn’t just stick it in himself 

3 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I was watching it live and I couldn’t believe that he didn’t just stick it in himself 

Yeah I actually thought that was a worse mess up than the Murphy chance everyone was going on about as the keeper was out of the picture, he only needed to either take the shot or get the ball across to Longstaff and the goal was open.