I supported Newcastle when....

Scalded my hand with hot bovril coming back from the kiosk in the east stand paddock when Peter Whithe got on the end of a long ball and rifled it into the leazes net. No clue what the game was. Can’t remember who we played in my first match. I do remember some naughty lads getting off the train at blaydon and hoying stones at the windows as it pulled away though. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache
Because predictive text thought bovril was bobtail. G’wine to run all night.

Early memories for me 

Sitting in the east stand with my dad and uncles … (I was aged 4 or 5) watching us get beat off Brighton in the cup following the worst ever referring performance from (trelford mills) disallowing goals multiple times for us. 

The noise / boos / heckling was phenomenally loud for a young child ! 
I was physically shaking during the game !

I also remember us beating Portsmouth 4-2 in 1983 (sure waddle and Keegan scored) 

christ - 39 years ago ! (Ish) 

Piss rolled down the terrace, you could see a man change the score manually in the scoreboard, madmen sat on the floodlights or the climbing frame in the park and a man sold hot chestnuts on the stairs. Primitive but good times.

Edited by Cclay

57 minutes ago, Consettmag said:

First game sat under the hoardings at the front of the gallowgate. A Tuesday night in march, Micky Burns own goal, lost to stoke. The pain began in 76😀

Here you go (a temporary one off!)

8749D03A-16C7-4E71-92D4-87151E06A6CA.jpeg

Edited by Toontimes

The Panini stickers shop at the back of the Leazes was more enjoyable than the match.

The smell of the hops was stronger than our strike force.

I had one of the OG halve Brazil halve NUFC bobble hats for Mira.

Would collect the Photo headshots of the players and go and get them signed at Benwell.

My first kit, my mam had to stitch on the Greenalls sponsor patch to make it authentic.

My sister had a crush on Paul Stephenson.

Remember the energy leaving the stadium as a little kid and my mam telling me the other results, then I'd go home and wait for the pink to be released.

Happy days!

17 minutes ago, Cclay said:

Piss rolled down the terrace, you could see a man change the score manually in the scoreboard, madmen sat on the floodlights or the climbing frame in the park and a man sold hot chestnuts on the stairs. Primitive but good times.

....the night air would be thick with the smell of malty hops for midweek games, Alfie peanuts would walk round the pitch lobbing bags with an accuracy the would make William Tell envious and 25yr old players looked like today's 60yr olds.

1 hour ago, madras said:

....the night air would be thick with the smell of malty hops for midweek games, Alfie peanuts would walk round the pitch lobbing bags with an accuracy the would make William Tell envious and 25yr old players looked like today's 60yr olds.

"Peanuts, tanner a bag!  Peanuts, big as cokeynuts!"

When we had Shearer in a lucosade advert set at St James Park, Dalglish calling fans up on a BT add and Tino turning into an incredible Hulk/rock lord combo and running around a town blasting nuclear footballs off buildings in his Newcastle shirt for some boot manufacturer - in the same season. Big time as owt.

Almost didn't matter that Shearer was crocked, Dalgish dire and we'd sold Tino by the time the add came out ahead of the World Cup.

at the final whistle, the piss that used to cascade down the old stone steps at the back of the scoreboard.. and as a young teenager, trying to not slip on my arse while being pushed left right and centre by fat hairy arsed blokes .. happy days 🤣

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

When we had Shearer in a lucosade advert set at St James Park, Dalglish calling fans up on a BT add and Tino turning into an incredible Hulk/rock lord combo and running around a town blasting nuclear footballs off buildings in his Newcastle shirt for some boot manufacturer - in the same season. Big time as owt.

Almost didn't matter that Shearer was crocked, Dalgish dire and we'd sold Tino by the time the add came out ahead of the World Cup.

Remember the "sugar puffs" ad too. With Keegan. The honey monster scored for us at Wembley. The mackems boycotted them for a while.  Surprise, surprise.

The 1993/94 season when we were back in the premiership under KK. 

I was a teenager back then, and we had a one-hour TV program on Premiership games every Saturday (I am from Hong Kong). Somehow I fell in love with the team because of the way they played and the passion of the Geordies. The rest is history.....

1 hour ago, Alby said:

The 1993/94 season when we were back in the premiership under KK. 

I was a teenager back then, and we had a one-hour TV program on Premiership games every Saturday (I am from Hong Kong). Somehow I fell in love with the team because of the way they played and the passion of the Geordies. The rest is history.....

Goal, by any chance?