I supported Newcastle when....

... when Kenny Wharton sat on the ball against Luton.

edit: just seen someone else mentioned this but saying against Watford, but it was defo Luton at home, and it was because we were 4-0 up and they had done similar shithousery when they beat us on their placca pitch earlier in the season.

Edited by TK-421

18 hours ago, deejeck said:

... When the half time entertainment was someone pissing down your leg, and this:

:lol:

I'm suddenly a teen again, with hair and everything!

Happy days (football was mainly shite but what a place to be: Gallowgate scoreboard for me)

5 hours ago, George Bailey said:

:lol:

I'm suddenly a teen again, with hair and everything!

Happy days (football was mainly shite but what a place to be: Gallowgate scoreboard for me)

:)

Yep, Scoreboard for me as well. Amazing times...until it pissed it down.

Cheers from the USA. Back in the late 1990's I started watching English football. I supported Newcastle for an arbitrary reason, I liked Newcastle Brown Ale. The team was fun to watch, as I recall Shearer and Les Ferdinand. That said, I didn't start following the team again because of this news, I bought a 2014 Home shirt a few weeks back and planned to watch them this year as much as I could. 

Quick story, I got my buddy interested in football twenty years ago and he became a Newcastle United fan and actually flew to London from the midwest in the USA and drove to St James' Park in a rented car, watched a UEFA cup match, drove back to London and flew home. He brought some merch for me from the shop.

That said, had to join your forum as I think things are going to get interesting and this is the only premier league team I've ever supported so let's have some fun!

Good luck guys!

When there was wooden seats in the wooden West stand and me dad telling me the Leazes end was once as big as the Gallowgate and wondering if they’d ever rebuild it. 

And a few years later standing in the flag corner almost crushed by a crush barrier after equalising against Chelsea in the second division. 

When there were real floodlights people could climb up, the piss flowed down the steps, the National Front pestered you on the way in and, most importantly, if you sat on the climbing frame in the Park, you could just see the scoreboard. Oh, when the scoreboard was operated by real people shuffling things around and a pie man / chestnut man stood by the entrance steps.

Edited by Cclay

When it was trendy to wear your shirt about 3 sizes to big, at 11yrs my Newcastle asics bluestar was gigantic on me. Tbh it still fits today.

Glad really that I can actually get in it still. That things value went up immensely now we are the global giants 💰

The season before we sold Andy Cole.. exciting times.. then the following season he went and it seemed like we’d taken such a step back.. until that summer.

Remember seeing the footage of Keegan coming out to talk to the supporters and pleading for them to trust him.. he never let us down ever.

How could you not fall in love with football at that moment in time?

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The season before we sold Andy Cole.. exciting times.. then the following season he went and it seemed like we’d taken such a step back.. until that summer.

Remember seeing the footage of Keegan coming out to talk to the supporters and pleading for them to trust him.. he never let us down ever.

How could you not fall in love with football at that moment in time?

Following on from that...

When thousands of Newcastle fans willingly stayed behind for nearly an hour after beating Blackburn in the cup at Ewood, chanting "walking in a Keegan wonderland" continuously behind the Sky box.  As a sort of "sorry for ever doubting you" to Keegan.

Richard Keys (hard-lines by the way) ended the show with "we have to go, or these boys aren't going home tonight".

*let out an orgasmic yelp when Clarky pulled the trigger for the winner too.

Edited by Wolfcastle