Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Confirming there that we are now PSR compliant. There was some uncertainty in the couple of days after the deadline over whether we’d done enough. I never believed the club were that naive and underprepared to let us fall foul of this stuff. 

Edited by Joelinton7

2 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

He mentions psr and 2 lots of losses of 70m which is 140m so 35m over I guess the 3rd year was a smaller loss as we ended up selling 2 players rather than 1? 

Hopefully someone on here can help explain - I have no idea with PSR

22 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

He mentions psr and 2 lots of losses of 70m which is 140m so 35m over I guess the 3rd year was a smaller loss as we ended up selling 2 players rather than 1? 

The third year (this past year, 2023/24) had to be a profit to offset the losses over £105m. I wouldn't use the exact numbers he's saying as there's also the allowed deductions, but it gives the gist of it. Now that we're in a new three year cycle one of those big loss years drops out so, in effect, we could have another year with a big loss (and another one next year as well). It's not quite as simple as that though because while our revenue is much higher than three years ago so is our cost base. It took a significant amount of player sales to turn that profit, which is not ideal.

It is interesting to me that he's indicating the shackles may be off a bit again when we're almost certainly not in great shape for UEFA's metrics or the potential new PSR cost control ratio.

29 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

If we really lost £140m over two seasons, we'd have to have made a profit of £35m this season just gone in order to be within the limits. 

21/22 -£70m

22/23 -£70m

23/24 +£35m

So now that first £70m has dropped off, we're on -£35m and could theoretically end up -£70m this season and still be within the limit. The problem is when that +£35m season drops off we could be in trouble again unless we sell more players or increase our income (which hopefully we will with further sponsorship and Champions League football...)

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The third year (this past year, 2023/24) had to be a profit to offset the losses over £105m. I wouldn't use the exact numbers he's saying as there's also the allowed deductions, but it gives the gist of it. Now that we're in a new three year cycle one of those big loss years drops out so, in effect, we could have another year with a big loss (and another one next year as well). It's not quite as simple as that though because while our revenue is much higher than three years ago so is our cost base. It took a significant amount of player sales to turn that profit, which is not ideal.

It is interesting to me that he's indicating the shackles may be off a bit again when we're almost certainly not in great shape for UEFA's metrics or the potential new PSR cost control ratio.

Would it help if we got these new sponsorship deals