Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2024 at 15:37, LALASAM said:

Tried to get an answer on this last time but got the old NWOAT. Fair enough. Maybe someone can answer in this thread?

Who is the bloke who sits in the dugout during home games? He wears a flat cap, ear ring and a beard. Who/what/why? 

Bugging me. 

Easily bugged.

20240817_154615.jpg

Anyone know this guy or his role?

53 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Remember Chris Mort doing the same in the Blu Bambu after we beat the mackems 2-0. Owen double.

Think the club paid for quite a few drinks as well. Class night.

I was there too, stuck my grainy phone video of him singing the Blaydon Races on here and the Chronicle swiftly nicked it :lol:

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

My immediate thought is that it has something to do with planning and setting up a multi club model like Man City.

Me too but I have no idea if that's correct

9 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I still can't get my head around the fact that we've got the bloke who was Sunderland's first team manager only a few years ago working in one of our offices.

Sunderland "partnership" (feeder club) agreement announcement imminent?

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Does anybody know what a Head of Strategic Technical Football Partnerships does?

IMG_0374.jpeg

Was already here doing something to do with coaching wasn't he? Must have impressed. Maybe it has something to do with procuring "technical" suppliers like data/analysitcs services the scouting department needs? Fuck knas, I don't even know what my own job title means these days :lol:

4 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Was already here doing something to do with coaching wasn't he? Must have impressed. Maybe it has something to do with procuring "technical" suppliers like data/analysitcs services the scouting department needs? Fuck knas, I don't even know what my own job title means these days :lol:

Prior to this, he was "Head of Coach Development" which was a largely academy-centric role I believe

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Does anybody know what a Head of Strategic Technical Football Partnerships does?

IMG_0374.jpeg

ex Sunderland manager and happy to dress like, this doesn't sit well with me. 

WV19_Jack_RossJPG-JS742157036.jpg?w=670

6 minutes ago, TBG said:

Given they could get promoted, anyone else over thinking and paranoid that he's been sent in as an undercover agent?

Mental for so many reasons. Think he’s going to tie Bruno’s shoelaces together on derby day?

50 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I still can't get my head around the fact that we've got the bloke who was Sunderland's first team manager only a few years ago working in one of our offices.

It's perfectly natural to work your way up....

First Cleaning the bogs

Then Sunderland manager

Then Tea lad at a builders

Then running a coffee shop

Then managing some club in Scotland

Then some backroom role at Newcastle which no-one really notices.... each step a constant progression.