Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It's a very odd situation if this is all true. Fingers crossed it isn't. Either way we have to get it sorted, hire someone and move on. We need change and to back the new manager to survive. We simply need an interim at this point.

Huge embarrassment for the ownership if the uturn is true. It felt odd from the start it would be leaked the day of an import CL match. If it was supposed to stay water tight until tmrw I can understand Emery being annoyed and having second thoughts. 

Guess we will wait and see. Prepared for howe or a panic martinez play. Favre suddenly seems very attractive lol

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

It very much sounds like stavely thought he was a yes and told her journos, but he never actually agreed or saw a firm offer and has had 24 hours of feeling bounced into it. The idea that he says no now and comes back to it in a year is for the birds, if he doesn’t want the job and causes ructions he won’t get the offer again. 

What worries me is that we are 2 weeks into it and Howe is the other name. I really think we are in turbo bother unless we get a big time manager in now to attract quality in January. Howe isn’t going to do that whatsoever. 

I reckon this could be spot on which is very worrying. 

I hate to say it but we should just get someone in that can put out a half decent team with a balanced formation and Hooe we can scrape enough points this season to survive, its getting more blatant now that the new owners don't have an idea yet what to do and we aren't going to get any big name managers in until we are in a better position in the league and in the setup of the club. Just get someone in then concentrate on a decent DOF to sort all this shit out for next season.

Poor management from those in charge to manage this the way it has been done if true.

Seems similar to the ‘no red flags’ patter of April 2020 in so much as the lips start to move before things are nowhere near confirmed.

I’d like to add my name to the “what the fuck are the owners doing” crowd now like. To leak all of this and get pied off by Emery is massively amateurish. Really, really embarrassing stuff that’s going to leave a sour taste and have a negative impact because the fallback option is going to enthuse very few.

It's just a bit of bluster from the board of the Spanish club, there all ran like little dictatorships, remember when the chairman of Deportivo used to fuck us over all the time and delay talks because he was having his tea or going for a nap.

Sounds like Staveley may have shot her load too early by telling the local journos that this was done, when it doesn’t look that way (sound familiar - Caulkin + takeover?). I really hope this isn’t the first massive fuck up off the new ownership. 

The comments comparing us to Man City’s setup are irritating, like they had the perfect setup 3 weeks after being taken over :dave:

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Sounds like Staveley may have shot her load too early by telling the local journos that this was done, when it doesn’t look that way (sound familiar - Caulkin + takeover?). I really hope this isn’t the first massive fuck up off the new ownership. 

The comments comparing us to Man City’s setup are irritating, like they had the perfect setup 3 weeks after being taken over :dave:

I seem to remember they made a lot of mistakes along the way 

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

It's just a bit of bluster from the board of the Spanish club, there all ran like little dictatorships, remember when the chairman of Deportivo used to fuck us over all the time and delay talks because he was having his tea or going for a nap.

Unlike us where our board is an actual dictatorship ?

Obviously hardballing for £14m a year salary rather than the paltry £7m being bandied about

I think I'll just wait and see what transpires :lol: media had us closing in on Fonseca as well just days ago :lol: