Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The last person I'm gonna lay into is Eddie Howe but there is definitely something wrong with the team atm and we've made a fairly dismal fist of that very challenging run of games. Glad to have a fortnight off where things can hopefully be repaired.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He had loads of success at Bournemouth playing 4-4-1-1 with Josh King and Callum Wilson.

Really think we can get Isak in the King role and get them both on the pitch

They definitely both need to play, especially against weaker sides going forward. I love Miggy but for sides that defend deep I think we should have Gordon on the right with Barnes on the left. Can’t wait for Willock to come back so we’ve got more pace at moving with the ball in the side. Joelinton needs benched until he’s fit 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

They definitely both need to play, especially against weaker sides going forward. I love Miggy but for sides that defend deep I think we should have Gordon on the right with Barnes on the left. Can’t wait for Willock to come back so we’ve got more pace at moving with the ball in the side. Joelinton needs benched until he’s fit 

I think with Trippier clearly being told not to go forward it meant we had no width at all because both wingers were cutting inside. Gordon or Murphy on the right would have at least held their width

The players look like they're not playing for each other, no hunger, no drive. Individual errors are costing us dearly, but we haven't been running back or covering like we did last season. Bruno's been very mediocre for the last few games, in fact I'd go as far as to say the second part of last season saw him tail off, no idea why. Pope's looked suspect ever since he got that red card, the players in general look like they're waiting for the ball to come to them rather than chasing it down themselves. We're putting out what 'should' be our best eleven, it just feels like we've dropped off, like there's no spark or energy.

For the record, I didn't think we played that badly against Man City and one nil against them is respectable enough, but we don't look solid enough across the board this season, even Tripps has been making some unexpected decisions and mistakes.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Even talk of losing Howe is mental in the head. Some fans never learn. Should we get Souness in too?

It's really more that fans know PIF won't just piss about and wait too long for things to get better, they will absolutely look to change things quickly if it's not working.

Edited by Aiston

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes but Pep does it because it reduces space for opposition.  We give opposition acres of space in rest defence. 

Which brings us back to the point we have no decent defensive midfielders on our books.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

It's really more that fans know PIF won't just piss about and wait too long for things to get better, they will absolutely look to change things quickly if it's not working.

"Know". [emoji38]

There's zero to indicate that our board don't have full trust in Howe.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

The players look like they're not playing for each other, no hunger, no drive. Individual errors are costing us dearly, but we haven't been running back or covering like we did last season. Bruno's been very mediocre for the last few games, in fact I'd go as far as to say the second part of last season saw him tail off, no idea why. Pope's looked suspect ever since he got that red card, the players in general look like they're waiting for the ball to come to them rather than chasing it down themselves. We're putting out what 'should' be our best eleven, it just feels like we've dropped off, like there's no spark or energy.

For the record, I didn't think we played that badly against Man City and one nil against them is respectable enough, but we don't look solid enough across the board this season, even Tripps has been making some unexpected decisions and mistakes.

Pretty much what I've just been saying to my mate. We were putting in serious distances last season and it looks like we're so passive and lethargic in comparison. 

Some people have got nerves made of cheestrings like, fucking hell :lol:

Was a poor performance today but even so we had chances. Howe will be under no pressure other than to address recent performances and results, and rightly so. They'll work on it, we'll be fine.