Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Rafalove said:

Get why he wouldn’t sub some of our players in a tight game like this. But being 3-0 up at half time v Crystal Palace was the perfect time to rest the likes of Trippier and Burn, and give them a rest.

Pretty much the only gripe on him, he's poor when it comes to subs.

2 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Love Howe to bits, but to only make 1 sub today is criminal. 

it’s just Wolves. Not Big 6. Not Aston Villa. If you don’t trust them to be able to do something today, you may as well just loan them out. Jesus.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Imagine you are Tino or Hall. Probably you are regretting the transfer already. 

Hall even getting fewer minutes than in Chelsea. 

Utterly bizarre. 

hasn't he generally been slow with bedding in players? Will we get this same question every time we get a new player?

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

hasn't he generally been slow with bedding in players? Will we get this same question every time we get a new player?

Today wasn’t about taking time to bed them in in fairness. It was about making a couple of subs to freshen up a knackered looking team.

Unsure how people can’t get into their heads that the decision to sign Tino & Hall was because they were available at this time and have the potential to be in the team for years to come, they weren’t necessarily signed for this season. They were signed because they’re going to be in the team for years to come.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Really hard to disagree. The summer looks worse by the week; we're playing the exact same XI as last season in spite of the extra games and they're blowing out their arse in late October. Obviously much of that is unforeseen with Barnes' injury and Tonali's ban but the outlay on Livramento and Hall contrasted with their game time even in gane situations like tonight look more puzzling as the season goes on.

The injuries and suspension are just unfortunate. 

The Livra/Hall situation is a massive problem though. We could’ve bought players that would actually play for that money. 

He has this "if it aint broke dont fix it" mentality because we've hardly had any poor runs in the past several months. 

Having our 2 fullbacks on yellow and dead tired - but not bringing on a sub for either of them, when half of our bench are fullbacks and we've just spent 70m on that position...its really bad.
I dont care about the 2-2 draw today. It was a fair result. I think he will run this squad into the ground and we will have an awful 2nd half of the season if he's unwilling to make subs or rotate the squad. Not to mention we play one of the most physically demanding pressing styles. Cant see Almiron or Gordon lasting. Same goes for Burn/Trips. Schar I can understand because we dont really have a half decent CB after him. 

I think its partly the liverpool match but this game was ridiculous. Both fullbacks shouldnt have gone past 70m. Maybe even trips off at half. He looked dead.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

No. People think back to Bruno taking until March 2022 to get his first start with this but Tonali started every game from the start of this season. As soon as Isak was available he started games. Botman started 3 out of his first 4 games after signing.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Today wasn’t about taking time to bed them in in fairness. It was about making a couple of subs to freshen up a knackered looking team.

I think it's also about him feeling comfortable with them playing in a very specific system. I don't always agree with this approach, but it probably takes a bit of time for him to trust people to stay within the system.

If he plays the same lineup on Wednesday, then by all means complain.

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Unsure how people can’t get into their heads that the decision to sign Tino & Hall was because they were available at this time and have the potential to be in the team for years to come, they weren’t necessarily signed for this season. They were signed because they’re going to be in the team for years to come.

Then we've had a transfer window that harms us this season :lol:

1 minute ago, KDT said:

People understand that.  But we have football to play this season. them rotting on the bench isn’t good for their development either. 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

slow in bedding players, yes, they still got regular mins from bench. 

How many times Hall got sub in?

You know what? we are fucking lucky today by not having anymore new injuries due to overloading our starting 11

Just now, KDT said:

I think people can grasp it - the issue is whether this was the correct strategy or not.  At the moment, the window isn’t looking like a successful one.  I was one of those who rated the window highly - but at this moment, it doesn’t look like the right strategy.  Hopefully, a different tune will be sung by the time we get to May 

1 minute ago, KDT said:

That’s fair enough, but they aren’t even getting kick in a game we desperately needed to freshen things up.

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

So who covers then? Target can’t even get on. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

No. People think back to Bruno taking until March 2022 to get his first start with this but Tonali started every game from the start of this season. As soon as Isak was available he started games. Botman started 3 out of his first 4 games after signing.

I think you worded that wrong. Tonali hasn't started every game from the start, but I get what you mean. Before that, our defense was so shit that he probably had no choice but to play Targett, Burn, and Trippier immediately.

But I clearly remember people complaining about Botman not playing at the beginning of last season. Keep in mind that these are also young guys, and lacking in experience. 

3 minutes ago, KDT said:

That would be fine if we weren’t restricted when it comes to spending and other areas in the squad could have been improved.