Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

9 minutes ago, Cronky said:

He's the best thing that's ever happened to this club. The second best thing was Emery turning us down.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as good with Emery, I'm sure of it.

2 hours ago, 80 said:

In spite of last night, I don't think we can give to much credit to Eddie Howe for the performance.

You need to consider that the team won't really have adopted his style yet. We're only two years in and we'll still largely be piggybacking on Steve Bruce's vision.

Yes, it's time he decided to "do it my way" and "take the gloves off" and "get back to basics."

Remember when we had to put up with shit like this every week:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55713413

"When Steve Bruce found his inner Frank Sinatra on Friday and declared that from now on he was going to do it "my way", he probably did not have a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal in mind. The statement also raised the question of, if not his way, then whose method have Newcastle been following given Bruce has been in charge for 18 months. Perhaps Bruce's words were designed to provoke a response from his players, but Monday's loss extended a winless run to nine games and they have only scored once in their past seven. The 60-year-old said the "gloves would come off" before his team's trip to Emirates Stadium, but as his players trudged off at the end, they might seek their safety blankets again."

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/the-newcastle-takeover.11458/page-96

Love this one comment from some pissed up Bournemouth fan, ends up getting a resounding telling off from literally every other Bournemouth fan :lol:

This is the guy who left us when we got relegated.
Now he is laughing being paid millions by a country who have no morals.
they suit each other, **************** him and Newcastle.

When Steve Bruce found his inner Frank Sinatra on Friday and declared that from now on he was going to do it "my way", he probably did not have a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal in mind. The statement also raised the question of, if not his way, then whose method have Newcastle been following given Bruce has been in charge for 18 months.

That is fucking funny as hell to read now that we're mint :lol:

On 02/09/2023 at 22:01, dave s said:

Some under par performances against some of the top teams in the league. Let’s see how we fair from here after the break. This is the situation where Eddie earns his dough .. let’s support him 

there was some proper knee jerk comments in this thread early September when I posted this 

next time we go through a mini shit patch, or a few players aren’t quite firing on all cylinders, or eddie tries to bed a few new faces in.. 

cut the bloke some slack he’s a fucking genius 

1 hour ago, dave s said:

there was some proper knee jerk comments in this thread early September when I posted this 

next time we go through a mini shit patch, or a few players aren’t quite firing on all cylinders, or eddie tries to bed a few new faces in.. 

cut the bloke some slack he’s a fucking genius 

Without looking back I'd be surprised if most people didn't agree with you. Nobody needs to cut him any slack, he's doing an exceptional job and for once it seems we're all in agreement.

The continuing mystery for me is how we manage to concede so few goals. A back four of Trippier - Lascelles - Schar - Burn doesn't look at all strong on paper, and nobody in front of them is a great tackler. There seems to be some view that PSG were below par, but they cut through our press several times and exposed our defence. The likes of Mbappe and Dembele showed their class on several occasions and they did get chances. I'm not having it that we kept them quiet.

It's not a fluke - it's a general pattern. There always seems to someone around to try and put in a block. It must be about discipline and composure. When we're under threat, the players don't panic and continue to make the best decisions that are available to them.

8 minutes ago, Cronky said:

The continuing mystery for me is how we manage to concede so few goals. A back four of Trippier - Lascelles - Schar - Burn doesn't look at all strong on paper, and nobody in front of them is a great tackler. There seems to be some view that PSG were below par, but they cut through our press several times and exposed our defence. The likes of Mbappe and Dembele showed their class on several occasions and they did get chances. I'm not having it that we kept them quiet.

It's not a fluke - it's a general pattern. There always seems to someone around to try and put in a block. It must be about discipline and composure. When we're under threat, the players don't panic and continue to make the best decisions that are available to them.

We are an organised machine each part knows its role both singularly and as part of the whole. We move in packs or pairs. We also now know when to ease the press and when to apply it. We are very good at what we do and we are not the finished article yet. We will only get better :indi:

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

The continuing mystery for me is how we manage to concede so few goals. A back four of Trippier - Lascelles - Schar - Burn doesn't look at all strong on paper,

To be fair good coaching often has lesser players working better together. Just look at Leicesters title win with Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs(?) as a four, all hopeless journeymen that bought into the managers plan and worked well as a unit. Obviously they had Kante and Drinkwater in front but still thats a shocking back line to win a title

He makes a mockery of the doubters (including me at times).

He'll have surpassed every great manager we've had here by the time he's finished.

It's mad that he's young enough to stay here for Fergie/Wenger type timelines and would still be young enough to take the England job to cap off a career.