Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

To go 1 up and then concede 3 goals at home to West Ham within 46 minutes is awful. 

We concede far too many goals.  As happy as I am our defensive solidity is still nonexistent.  

Im glad Howe made those subs - admired his mistake and the lads showed they do have real fighting spirit for their manager, each other, the fans and the club 

59 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

defence isn't working at all, and doesnt show sign of improvement, albeit also so disrupted by injury there are reasons but would still expect some more improvement than there has been. It's also so weird considering how good we were last season. I do think Joelinton and Pope are huge losses and maybe just impossible to replace at all in terms of their defensive contributions, however I do think Longstaff is playing below his level, he gets slagged off a bunch on here sometimes justifiably but he has played better than he is right now, maybe for lack of help but still. He has muscled the ball off teams pressed well and worked well in transition before and here he is giving ball away waaaay too much, i know technical stuff never his game but feels too eager to take risks sometimes.

It’s starting to look like he doesn’t have a solution for the defensive solidity. He doesn’t seem willing to consistently play a Lower block. Or stick with another tactical approach. 

In the summer we just have to pick up a decent sweeper keeper.  

Tonali and Big Joe back we probably don’t need another combative midfielder

1 hour ago, Zero said:

We have been like this for months. I may be too critical for this because I am a defender in real life, but I really think this is close to the worst defence I have ever seen as a supporter of Newcastle. Injury is really not an excuse. It’s the defence discipline that is lacking everywhere. Howe has absolutely no excuse for this poor defense display, so as some of the players.

Rami Malek Reaction GIF

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Rami Malek Reaction GIF

I am serious. No fucking way we allowed that second goal to happen. Absolutely no fucking way.

4 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

We shipped 3 goals at home to an average team

im talking about the first half. i dont think we were completetly shit first half as people have said.

9 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

And this is close to the worst defence?

Yep. That’s my opinion. Feel free to disagree. As I have said, the whole team looks disjoint when defending, losing shapes everywhere, keep on conceding same pattern of goals, lack of communication (or even pre match preparation), for months, and we show no signs of improvement. 

Everton 3 goals

Spurs 4 goals

Fulham clean sheet

Luton 1 goal

Forest 3 goals

Liverpool 4 goals

Man City 3 goals

Villa 1 goal

Luton 4 goals

Forest 2 goals

Bournemouth 2 goals

Arsenal 4 goals

Wolves clean sheet

Chelsea 3 goals

West Ham 3 goals

since Everton we concede 37 goals in 15 games, on average that’s 2.46 goals. That’s ridiculous

Edited by Zero

Nick Pope - Shoulder
Joelinton - Groin
Callum Wilson - Chest
Miggy - ??
Kieran Trippier - Calf
Livramento - Ankle
Tonali - Betting suspension
Botman - ACL
Lewis Miley - Back
Jamaal Lascelles - ACL
Antony Gordon - Red Card Suspension
Emil Krafth-??
:hunter:

Just now, astraguy said:

Nick Pope - Shoulder
Joelinton - Groin
Callum Wilson - Chest
Miggy - ??
Kieran Trippier - Calf
Livramento - Ankle
Botman - ACL
Lewis Miley - Back
Jamaal Lascelles - ACL
Emil Krafth-??

Miggy was knee I think

Krafth was maybe tactical?

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Miggy was knee I think

Krafth was maybe tactical?

Not sure if it was motd or a clip online,but I'm sure a pundit said he went off injured
From nufc.com 57 mins: Krafth also appears to be in discomfort and the substitute is substituted by Elliot Anderson.

Edited by astraguy

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

They're 7th ffs

You're forgetting that everyone apart from Liverpool and Man City is absolutely shit. 

13 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Nick Pope - Shoulder
Joelinton - Groin
Callum Wilson - Chest
Miggy - ??
Kieran Trippier - Calf
Livramento - Ankle
Botman - ACL
Lewis Miley - Back
Jamaal Lascelles - ACL
Emil Krafth-??

So that's 7, arguably 8 of a first 11 not available

Does seem that Eddie is either very unlucky with injuries, or there’s something underlying him and his team need to look at, as history seems to be repeating itself.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/howe-launches-full-review-into-why-bournemouth-suffered-so-many-injuries-this-season/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/06/eddie-howe-injuries-bournemouth-newcastle-united

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Does seem that Eddie is either very unlucky with injuries, or there’s something underlying him and his team need to look at as history seems to be repeating itself.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/howe-launches-full-review-into-why-bournemouth-suffered-so-many-injuries-this-season/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/06/eddie-howe-injuries-bournemouth-newcastle-united

his playing style is rather intense which probably leads to more injuries

some are just straight up unlucky though

21 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

7th AND still in the Europa League. 

We must be bang average in 8th and in no other competitions, eh?

Should've beaten them with an injured 11 never mind the fit ones. 

Eddie OUT

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

They're 7th ffs

And would you say they carved us open with exceptional attacking play? So slick and well drilled we just couldn’t deal with them? Or that we’re normally so defensively solid that yesterday can be put down to a bad day at the office?

It doesn’t matter if it’s Luton, West Ham, Forest or anyone else, the same shit players and the same shit defensive mistakes are at fault for us shipping an average of nearly 3 goals per game. The manager is not addressing it. We are shit defensively and have been for months, and the manager is not addressing it. 

If it was Bruce, Pardew or anyone else people would be apoplectic.

“But we won, but they’re 7th, but we don’t have Joelinton”. Yada yada yada. Seriously, it’s getting fucking boring now.

The 3 points yesterday were great. It was a throwback to our best ever era, but it papered over some cracks that people seem happy to ignore. The result was great, the performance raised questions. 

If this defensive exposure, shit personal choices, kamikaze set play overloads, lack of pace from midfield back etc. had been addressed we would have more points than we do now, plain and simple. 

I don’t want to support another circus that ships 3 but can score 5. We will never win anything doing that. I want to support a serious club with a serious fucking plan that can shut teams out completely and then put them to the sword. 
I don’t want a manager who won’t drop players who consistently cost us goals individually. It’s pathetic and borderline fucking self-sabotaging at times.
I want a ruthless winner who demands better than that from everyone. Any manager who is ok with us shipping 3 but scoring 4 is a stepping stone manager only because eventually the board will have to replace him with someone less naive, more mature and with a proven winning pedigree. 

Enjoy the win by all means but take the fucking blinkers off at the same time.