Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

My mum just popped by to take my stepson out for lunch.... she mentioned as she was leaving that Howe is taking the ingerlund job, getting announced this afternoon.  My arse nearly fell out.  Rushing her out the door so I can get online here and check things out.  She was obviously half listening to the radio and has put 2 and 2 together and got 5.  Parents can be so cruel sometimes. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Andy84 said:

TalkSPORT absolutely gagging for him to take it 

And not because they actually want him to be England manager, they just want the chance to see NUFC suffer. No one can change my mind.

1 hour ago, Pixelphish said:

And not because they actually want him to be England manager, they just want the chance to see NUFC suffer. No one can change my mind.

I don't think they're so much actively malicious, it's just everything they say or do is to drive engagement, and get clicks and calls.

Howe to England clearly does that.

Just now, Chris_R said:

I don't think they're so much actively malicious, it's just everything they say or do is to drive engagement, and get clicks and calls.

You're probably not wrong. But I always feel these media establishments are ran by mgmt teams that had their formative years in the 80s/early 90sm supporting certain Red clubs so delight in the misfortune of 'little' clubs.

Just now, Pixelphish said:

You're probably not wrong. But I always feel these media establishments are ran by mgmt teams that had their formative years in the 80s/early 90sm supporting certain Red clubs so delight in the misfortune of 'little' clubs.

Absolutely this. Honking bias of Liverpool and Man Utd home cunties fans on the airwaves. The inbuilt self preservation mechanisms come out at every opportunity.

16 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Disagree. Anyone to England drives clicks. Majority of the production team that create the shows for the presenters are Arsenal fans. Hence Pep, Howe, Ange have all been pushed yet never Arteta. NUFC are the biggest threat on the horizon and anything that can be done to destabilise us will be done. Carragher and Neville the same.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Disagree. Anyone to England drives clicks. Majority of the production team that create the shows for the presenters are Arsenal fans. Hence Pep, Howe, Ange have all been pushed yet never Arteta. NUFC are the biggest threat on the horizon and anything that can be done to destabilise us will be done. Carragher and Neville the same.

They can’t stop what’s coming. Us! :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

“As long as I feel supported by the football club and free to work in the way that I want to work, yes. That is the crucial thing.”

“I absolutely want to stay but it has to be right for me and the football club,” he said.

“There’s absolutely no point in me saying I’m happy staying at Newcastle if the dynamic isn’t right. I’m certainly not serving Newcastle well if I do that.”

he’s been watching Rafa’s career…

“Being very, very proud to be Newcastle manager, this is all about Newcastle,” Howe said. “It’s not about England. So, as long as I am happy, feel supported, feel free to work in the way that I want to work, I have not thought of anything else other than Newcastle.

“I absolutely love the club. I love the supporters. I love where I am at in my career. There is no better place for me to be. That is how I feel.

“For me, it’s not about England. That is absolutely someone else’s conversation, not mine. Mine is Newcastle. To speak about something else while manager of Newcastle is wrong.”

Howe confirmed there has been no formal approach from the FA and, when asked if he would be Newcastle head coach for the first game of the season against Southampton on August 17, he said: “As long as I’m happy in the position that I’m in. As long as I feel supported by the football club and free to work in the way that I want to work, yes. That is the crucial thing.”

He then suggested he would feel able to turn down the England if he was approached.

“I think England is a very special job for someone,” he added. “I am very patriotic and I’m not ashamed to say that. I love my country. I want my country to do well. I was gutted for Gareth and the lads that they did not win the Euros.

“But I don’t have that job like a burning sensation in me that I have to do it at some stage. If it happens at some stage in the future, then it’s to be for me. If not, then I’m very, very happy in the current role that I’m doing. The day-to-day management.

“I had this situation a lot at Bournemouth in my second spell, but I was very, very happy, in my environment, in my day-to-day workings. So I had no desire to leave. For me, that’s always been my key driver: my happiness and my ability to do my job.”

Says he didn’t even know Southgate had left but as long as he’s supported at the club then he’ll stay. Also says there’s been zero destabilisation of anything. One in the eye for Luke. But of course we all knew Eddie would have no probs with Mitchell coming, AS going or anything else because he’s a consummate professional. 

Edited by Joelinton7

Seems like a fairly sensible position for him to take. If I am happy I'll stay, if I'm not happy then I'm open to leaving.

Reading between the lines, he wants clarification that with Mitchell and Bunce coming in he is still ultimately the one who calls the shots, as it should be.