Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

"But as I said, it is all about the environment I am working in. As long as that is one where I feel I can give my best, then absolutely, we will crack on and I am looking forward to next season."

you should never need to caveat a statement unless there is a reservation. Thats the bit people will focus on as its in there for a reason

Jesus Christ, there IS a reason!!! Which is why he’s caveating it!! The new guys have been in about a week and have probably just met him. That doesn’t mean it’s a negative. This fan base thrives on looking for negatives. 

7 minutes ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

"But as I said, it is all about the environment I am working in. As long as that is one where I feel I can give my best, then absolutely, we will crack on and I am looking forward to next season."

you should never need to caveat a statement unless there is a reservation. Thats the bit people will focus on as its in there for a reason

Actually ... there was the one article that said we approached Mitchell originally, but didn't come to an agreement, and then went back to him later on.

There was some insinuation that Mitchell wanted to oversee recruitment in some capacity, and that had to be resolved. It may be that Howe made some compromises in that area, on the condition that he was allowed to maintain command in others, and so that's just being emphasized.

Who knows man. Ultimately Mitchell seems to think highly of him and is here now, and they both seem pretty sound, and so we just hope for the best. And if it doesn't work out then so be it ... ultimately the Sporting Director needs to drive forward the direction of the club, and so Mitchell will then just need to get his own man in.

My gut feeling is that after a bit of time to get comfortable, it will all work out well.

11 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Jesus Christ, there IS a reason!!! Which is why he’s caveating it!! The new guys have been in about a week and have probably just met him. That doesn’t mean it’s a negative. This fan base thrives on looking for negatives. 

Aye, unbelievable.

I’ve got no doubt Mitchell has good intentions and wants to work with Howe, but the detail is what matters  to Eddie and he’s clearly indicating he has no idea how this is going to work.

They’ll all clearly going to try and make it work and I’d be massively surprised if Howe didn’t start the season here, but a lot will depend on if their strategies align with recruitment and sales due to PSR.

No guarantees it’s an uncertain period the dynamics have massively changed.

46 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

It was a typical Howe interview, very positive , adores the fans and the club, excited for the future but also ‘let me do my job’ , how anyone can watch those interviews and spin them as negative is beyond me. Click baiting, attention seeking cunts. 

100% correct.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Haven’t seen or read the interview as an on holiday can anyone sum up ?

Neurotic NUFC fan base assumes the corporate structure all want to slit each others throats.

Or Eddie loves NUFC.

You can only pick one.

I like how he is throwing his authority about mind , basically saying he loves being here but if these new lads that have just came in start messing with him he will be off , not taking any shit at all. He knows his worth .

Edited by Geogaddi

55 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

It was a typical Howe interview, very positive , adores the fans and the club, excited for the future but also ‘let me do my job’ , how anyone can watch those interviews and spin them as negative is beyond me. Click baiting, attention seeking cunts. 

That was 100% my take, Howe is 100% in control of every first team matter at Newcastle. The club os growing to fast to control everything, he knows that and IMO appreciates the input of the executive team.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

That was 100% my take, Howe is 100% in control of every first team matter at Newcastle. The club os growing to fast to control everything, he knows that and IMO appreciates the input of the executive team.

I wish Steve had done that more.

There's a lot of positives in that, but I can see why it makes people nervous and it's not quite the usual bed-wetting. As a one-time thing weeks after multiple leadership changes it can be brushed aside as I think it's part power play and part the reality of a new situation where the parameters aren't clearly drawn yet. If he's still making comments like this in a few weeks/months then I'd say it's more indicative of a problem.

Tbf, I love Howe and don’t want him going anywhere. However at the end of the day the club is going to be run how PIF want it ran. He’s an excellent manager but no manager is infallible. 

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Haven’t seen or read the interview as an on holiday can anyone sum up ?

Unless Mitchell starts telling him who he has to buy or this Bunce fella starts telling him who he’s allowed to play, he’s going to tell the FA to get fucked, should they come for him.

39 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

There's a lot of positives in that, but I can see why it makes people nervous and it's not quite the usual bed-wetting. As a one-time thing weeks after multiple leadership changes it can be brushed aside as I think it's part power play and part the reality of a new situation where the parameters aren't clearly drawn yet. If he's still making comments like this in a few weeks/months then I'd say it's more indicative of a problem.

This. He's certainly not going to fuck off immediately when things are difficult. He will try to rectify it and I'm sure we will see it coming if he doesn't wanna be here.

You want a manager with this kind it confidence to not compromise for anyone. It sets him apart from the rest.