Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

9 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m normally reasonable with journalists however I’ve never known Graeme Bailey have a good word to say about us and loves to stir the pot. 

Should we not be concerned that PIF have lowered their expectations from best in the universe to best in the world?

Just now, TBG said:

Should we not be concerned that PIF have lowered their expectations from best in the universe to best in the world?

Screw that. We should aim to the best in the multiverse! Go big or go home! 😄

Well that's a load of bollocks. May have been somewhat possible 15 years again, but that ship has long sailed. PIF are surely aware that we're under a very constrained budget and having to sell good players just to avoid points deductions. Top 5-7 (with hopefully the occasional 3-4) is a reasonable long-term target under the circumstances.

58 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’m normally reasonable with journalists however I’ve never known Graeme Bailey have a good word to say about us and loves to stir the pot. 

He's the absolute worst, which is really saying something 

37 minutes ago, Pata said:

Sensational that even if parts of the season were very gung ho.

And the absolute bare bones squad we had for most of it. 

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

And the absolute bare bones squad we had for most of it. 

Was a "failure" according to some.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

‘The issue for him is that the club’s unlimited resources mean there is very little stopping the Newcastle United hierarchy from losing patience and replacing him with some alternative big-name manager’

Incredible that there are some in the press who still think we can just spend whatever we want …

All of these article writers don’t think he’ll be sacked first, they want him to be sacked first. See: every journalist who is desperate for us to lose our best players. They want to see us fail

35 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

‘The issue for him is that the club’s unlimited resources mean there is very little stopping the Newcastle United hierarchy from losing patience and replacing him with some alternative big-name manager’

Incredible that there are some in the press who still think we can just spend whatever we want …

Yes, I’ve got a few friends who support other clubs who keep need reminding of this too 🙄