Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Always the same man. 

We've got one of the best sides we've had in 20 years, a manager who is incredibly competent (as well as being a fantastic bloke), we've got an ownership who are ultra ambitious and have hired who they think are the best of the best to move us forward.

Sure I want us to keep moving forward and sure there are moments of frustration and even strategic mistakes... but it blows my mind how some can still delve into hysteria over a few hiccups and not take a step back and see what they have in front of them.

The club is in a great place. Plenty of work to do, sure. A few things to think about r.e transfers going forward but otherwise an absolute joy compared to what we'd been served up the previous 15 years (and before that under Shepherd).

We know we've money in the pot for January if required too. Good times. We'll only get better :indi:

We’ve been poor as a side first four games, but I’m going to cling onto it being some weird conditioning thing, where we’re set up to come strong fitness and play wise as the season goes on.

7 points and through the cup, regroup now for international break, and hit the September month hard. 

“I don’t think we’re playing as we’d like, that’s obvious,” he said.

Howe confessed that Anthony Gordon is undercooked after a stop-start summer with England rather than suffering from a lack of focus after those unsettling links to Liverpool.

“I don’t think we’re playing with enough control or enough composure but what we are showing is the defensive and aggressive qualities you need to win football matches"

Totally fair commentary, as ever.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

We definitely need to work on performances over the international break. The first 20 minutes of the game today was the NUFC of 2 seasons ago, but the stoppage for the linesman seemed to completely derail us.

I think it's a combination of certain platers not really having a full pre season, some players just generally not playing well (yet) and I've said this a few times, the fact we have Burn and Krafth playing centre half. The pair of them can't play out from the back and add to that Pope is shite at kicking. As soon as any of those 3 pick it up, teams press knowing fine well we're probably going to panic and go long or down the wing and 9 times out of 10 we lose the ball and are under pressure again. Which is why we always seem to be sitting back and defending.

That last point is the main 1 for me. Can't wait to see Schar back against Wolves.

What are you doing, man? Giving genuine reasons and an explanation for our performances. You’re supposed to basically just say we’re shit and carry on like the sky is falling :lol: 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Manchester City have owners that most likely broke financial doping rules.
They have  multi club model with the aim of subverting FFP.

They have the best academy in the country and they sell academy players for millions every season.  

Man City hired all the Barca football people to run the Man City footballing operations. 

They do all of that so Pep Guardiola doesn’t have to worry about FFP or anything.  The football people bring him players and he can have pretty much whoever they decide to want. 

Not having that, I think Pep is in charge of every bit of how the first team works there, and probably the academy too, as I think he's a similar control freak, hence hiring all the Barca people.

But, I agree with large parts of what you're saying. Good to see you back btw, even if we disagree on a lot.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

“I don’t think we’re playing as we’d like, that’s obvious,” he said.

Howe confessed that Anthony Gordon is undercooked after a stop-start summer with England rather than suffering from a lack of focus after those unsettling links to Liverpool.

“I don’t think we’re playing with enough control or enough composure but what we are showing is the defensive and aggressive qualities you need to win football matches"

Totally fair commentary, as ever.

And it matters because we've had some absolute clowns in the past who would have either claimed we'd played brilliantly, berated the players or even worse.. blame the fans. :lol: (was it Pardew who blamed the fans?)

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

What are you doing, man? Giving genuine reasons and an explanation for our performances. You’re supposed to basically just say we’re shit and carry on like the sky is falling :lol: 

Sorry, I'll remember that for next time. [emoji38]

You've got to remember there's no middle ground when it comes to NUFC. It's either everything is brilliant or we're all going to die!

We say Tonali is like a new signing but actually, so is Barnes technically as he wasn't available for over half the season.

And so is Hall (as a viable option) as he wasn't used for most of the year.
Same with Willock - if he actually stays fit. 

So in a way, the team has gotten a bit stronger as long as we avoid major injuries. Could be a decent season after all. 

Looking forward to Wilson returning as Isak needs a breather and Osula is not proven at all. 

12 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

We say Tonali is like a new signing but actually, so is Barnes technically as he wasn't available for over half the season.

And so is Hall (as a viable option) as he wasn't used for most of the year.
Same with Willock - if he actually stays fit. 

So in a way, the team has gotten a bit stronger as long as we avoid major injuries. Could be a decent season after all. 

Looking forward to Wilson returning as Isak needs a breather and Osula is not proven at all. 

We have too many players who just can't avoid injuries.. I'm not even convinced that Pope will last. Players coming back will feel like new signings until more players start getting injuries. Willock is not a "new signing" until he proves that he can last more than 3 games. Wilson coming back was never seen as a "new signing", because it never lasts. As for Hall, he is still not really being trusted. Just slightly more than 1 year ago.

Edited by Erikse

14 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Sorry, I'll remember that for next time. [emoji38]

You've got to remember there's no middle ground when it comes to NUFC. It's either everything is brilliant or we're all going to die!

Black or White :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

He is aware of the issues. He's not defensive at all unless the question is utterly absurd. He is savvy when talking about his players. He doesn't come across as an arrogant cunt. And we have two wins despite disjointed performances. What more do you want?

Fantastic manager but also someone who clearly has a high EQ.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wasn’t he winless in like the first five or so too? I don’t remember the specifics I just remember some on here (the usual suspects) being real vocal about how shit of a start it was. 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Wasn’t he winless in like the first five or so too? I don’t remember the specifics I just remember some on here (the usual suspects) being real vocal about how shit of a start it was. 

He only won once in his opening ten games.