Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That makes two of us :) - I had a check on NUFC after the game and put it in the match thread shortly after the game finished.  We're normally such slow starters that I was curious!

Oh I actually didn't see it, that's funny. Usually noone bothers to look these things up, so I just assumed that noone had done it.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

11/12 is the only season since 95/96 that we have this many points after 3 games

Fuck me, in 29 years? Even this year we deserve (generously) one point from 3 games. Surely law of averages must have given us 7 points one other year.

We are going to Pardew the absolute fuck out of this season. 5th place is ours and we can play like arse doing it.

See you in the Champions League bitches!

we have some tough home games coming, man city, brighton, arsenal and liverpool all by beginning of december. im expecting more like today, hard games but have a proper go, backs to the wall at times but if he has us on form we can take points. come on eddie, we have faith lad. 

26 minutes ago, Checko said:

Fuck me, in 29 years? Even this year we deserve (generously) one point from 3 games. Surely law of averages must have given us 7 points one other year.

We are going to Pardew the absolute fuck out of this season. 5th place is ours and we can play like arse doing it.

See you in the Champions League bitches!

Haha yep, shocking isn't it?  I didn't look at our two seasons in the second division as I don't count those.  But we've always been shite starters post-KK

Thought that was comfortably our best performance of the season. Which you can take as a comment on our earlier games, if you like. The players seemed really well drilled in the first half. I feel very out of step with a lot of the majority opinions on here.

Obviously, very far from perfect, but I felt comfortable for about 75 minutes of the game. Most of their (half) chances came from deflections, and we had to score their goal for them. Their attacks were generally snuffed out by our interventions, rather than their players fluffing opportunities. And there were periods of nice fluidity in our offensive game that didn't involve us just throwing numbers forward.

That said - and it's easier posting this knowing we won, given what I was saying about showing support the other day - I was pretty annoyed with Howe not making changes prior to them scoring. We were on the ropes, coated in yellow cards and I thought we needed fresh heads on urgently. What happened seemed inevitable, and we should have been less passive in countering it, by getting Tonali and others on prior to the pre-planned slot.