Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The real genius of Howe is that if there's a sliver of talent in a player he is going to unearth it, assuming that player actually wants it enough. Just look at what he's done with Almiron. Got him making far more aggressive moves for goal pre-season, which he carried on into the first half of the campaign. As soon as he dropped a touch, on the bench, then he came on with fire in his belly to score the winner last week.

Willock has been transformed from a half arsed moocher, into a box to box machine selling dummies and back heels and hunting down defenders in the press.

Even Murphy looks like he's playing with some purpose now, and if there's an ounce of desire to reach his potential, Howe will find it.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

The real genius of Howe is that if there's a sliver of talent in a player he is going to unearth it, assuming that player actually wants it enough. Just look at what he's done with Almiron. Got him making far more aggressive moves for goal pre-season, which he carried on into the first half of the campaign. As soon as he dropped a touch, on the bench, then he came on with fire in his belly to score the winner last week.

Willock has been transformed from a half arsed moocher, into a box to box machine selling dummies and back heels and hunting down defenders in the press.

Even Murphy looks like he's playing with some purpose now, and if there's an ounce of desire to reach his potential, Howe will find it.

If it's in them, Howe will find it, if he wastes good time and money looking for it, and sees it's definitely not in them, he doesn't wanna be sued 'cos they haven't got it, so, you know, not gonna get him on that.

10 hours ago, Dembacha said:

If it's in them, Howe will find it, if he wastes good time and money looking for it, and sees it's definitely not in them, he doesn't wanna be sued 'cos they haven't got it, so, you know, not gonna get him on that.

What have I done :lol:

Eddie Howe can make his own name with us to be known as one of the great managers and be known worldwide as a thorough manager/coach and man-manager.

It's a very tough industry is football and you can go from hero to zero very quickly if you get found out or are not backed to go farther.

I hope Eddie Howe goes on to become a name mentioned among the biggest names because that means we are motoring on through him and his team, backed by those at the top.

What's not to like...eh? What's not to bloody well like? :indi:

Tell you what, given a couple of wins and the total turnaround of the vibe and attacking intent of the team - following Eddie doing pretty much exactly what many people feared he wouldn't re: personnel - this thread has been very quiet.

17 minutes ago, 80 said:

Tell you what, given a couple of wins and the total turnaround of the vibe and attacking intent of the team - following Eddie doing pretty much exactly what many people feared he wouldn't re: personnel - this thread has been very quiet.

Will be the first to admit that after the City game, I felt he was too stubborn/loyal regarding some of his unchanged selections. Wolves proved that he had it in him to make the changes when they were needed, specifically dropping Wilson and Almiron for Isak and Murphy. I'm still curious to see what we'd be like with Targett, aka a proper left back to provide attacking balance and a set piece option, but hey, we're picking up points again so at least that gives us another gear to shift into later on.

14 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

Will be the first to admit that after the City game, I felt he was too stubborn/loyal regarding some of his unchanged selections. Wolves proved that he had it in him to make the changes when they were needed, specifically dropping Wilson and Almiron for Isak and Murphy. I'm still curious to see what we'd be like with Targett, aka a proper left back to provide attacking balance and a set piece option, but hey, we're picking up points again so at least that gives us another gear to shift into later on.

Yeah, it's certainly fair to ask questions, I was myself. I just try to also give credit where it's due!

And consider why the thing I want to have happen isn't happening. Yes, I'd like Targett back also. I'd like to find out why that hasn't happened, it certainly doesn't look like he's been frozen out the squad at least. He's had a weird season given the rumours and vague statements around his fitness.

I think Eddie stuck with the same side perhaps 2 games too long. Somewhere around Leeds/Bournemouth games was the time to change but I can absolutely understand why he did.

Still adore him. The way he pulls players from the brink like Murphy is astonishing.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I think Eddie stuck with the same side perhaps 2 games too long. Somewhere around Leeds/Bournemouth games was the time to change but I can absolutely understand why he did.

Still adore him. The way he pulls players from the brink like Murphy is astonishing.

Same - we all say our pieces during games but at the end of the day we have a squad way smaller in quality than everyone around us and he does what he has to, can’t blame him when he sticks with a winning team from time to time but he’s always got us back on track.

The emphasis he places on a high level of fitness is interesting. He has held back Bruno, Isak and Gordon from starting and part of it is so that they can receive the high intensity training that usually is only done in the summer. Obviously muscle fatigue makes it impossible for players to do that kind of work and be in the right state to play in the first team at the same time.

Effectively he’s prepared to take the short term hit of holding a good player back for the greater long term benefit. With all the pressure on a manager to get results, that takes courage as well as brains.

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

The emphasis he places on a high level of fitness is interesting. He has held back Bruno, Isak and Gordon from starting and part of it is so that they can receive the high intensity training that usually is only done in the summer. Obviously muscle fatigue makes it impossible for players to do that kind of work and be in the right state to play in the first team at the same time.

Effectively he’s prepared to take the short term hit of holding a good player back for the greater long term benefit. With all the pressure on a manager to get results, that takes courage as well as brains.

Looking at Elliot Anderson's physique in the after match Forest photo, I wonder if that's why he wanted him kept here rather than out on loan for the past 6 months, also...