Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Seems to get everything right all the time. 

Thought we had 4 effective subs yesterday which hasn't been the case for most of the season. Having Wilson come on up top, and 2 decent wingers in Anderson and Gordon fresh to re-ignite our intensive press was amazing. Also Joelinton coming on to run around like a madman with all that pent up energy, Fake Bruno was just scared of him and pussied out of the challenges. :lol:

Imagine next season if we can get 3 or 4 more top class players to fight over positions his toolbox will be so much better.

He has so much class as well. Happy to tell the opposition wanker to fuck off to his face, but still maintains class in interviews which make the likes of Klopp, Ten Hag and Arteta look like the petty little people that they are. Love him!

19 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Turn the question on its head - would Eddie have been able to do what he has here anywhere else?

there’s definitely a bit of right man right place right time going on here 

Absolutely, but that goes for any manager at any club. It has to be a right fit or they simply have to have more cop on not to join clubs at certain times.

Pep could have taken this job in the middle of the Mike Ashley debacle and we’d have been no better off.. all that would have happened is that his stock would have lowered. Rafa polished that turd as much as possible but I don’t think he’d have improved us with another season. Too toxic.

When it really works like Howe has here, it’s lightning in a bottle and it must be looked after.

All the credit needs to go to Howe. Lots of fucking hard graft apart from everything else.

6am starts and 12 hour shifts to get it right. Cultivating a team spirit and building a Squad of payers where they are all valued and equal.

No egos, No Drama Queens. Not to mention playing pretty impressive, attacking, good on the eye football, while climbing to 3rd!

3rd with Longstaff, Burn, Murphy, Willock, Miggy and Schar. 

I do feel a few on here are still too quick to hammer Burn, Longstaff or Murphy, yes they need replacing and I'm sure Howe will eventually phase them all into great squad players, but fucking hell!

We're 3rd!, there are only two teams better in England.  So the above aforementioned players aren't doing too bad, surely!

Give them a break and let's enjoy the journey!

What a time to be a NUFC Fan!

38 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

All the credit needs to go to Howe. Lots of fucking hard graft apart from everything else.

6am starts and 12 hour shifts to get it right. Cultivating a team spirit and building a Squad of payers where they are all valued and equal.

No egos, No Drama Queens. Not to mention playing pretty impressive, attacking, good on the eye football, while climbing to 3rd!

3rd with Longstaff, Burn, Murphy, Willock, Miggy and Schar. 

I do feel a few on here are still too quick to hammer Burn, Longstaff or Murphy, yes they need replacing and I'm sure Howe will eventually phase them all into great squad players, but fucking hell!

We're 3rd!, there are only two teams better in England.  So the above aforementioned players aren't doing too bad, surely!

Give them a break and let's enjoy the journey!

What a time to be a NUFC Fan!

I hammered them yesterday being honest but then was thinking today about the grafting they do and the fact longstaff and willock keep trying and trying again with their shooting. If they ever turn the corner on their finishing we will be some force.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Absolutely, but that goes for any manager at any club. It has to be a right fit or they simply have to have more cop on not to join clubs at certain times.

Pep could have taken this job in the middle of the Mike Ashley debacle and we’d have been no better off.. all that would have happened is that his stock would have lowered. Rafa polished that turd as much as possible but I don’t think he’d have improved us with another season. Too toxic.

When it really works like Howe has here, it’s lightning in a bottle and it must be looked after.

Howe was always a class act and underrated manager in my opinion, at Bournemouth he took over when they were on -17 points and he still kept them up. He then essentially matched them through the leagues into the premiership.

When we got took over I said to my dad that I want poch or Howe and glad it turned out like it did.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Imagine if he'd wasted his career by choosing Celtic that summer. 

Would maybe be an outside contender for Chelsea or Tottenham now?

15 minutes ago, 80 said:

Would maybe be an outside contender for Chelsea or Tottenham now?

Would think he’s too clever to go to Chelsea. Spurs possibly though, even though it’s equally as poisonous. 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Would think he’s too clever to go to Chelsea. Spurs possibly though, even though it’s equally as poisonous. 

Oh yeah, in terms of where he'd choose to go, I'm not sure, was thinking more in terms of his options. Maybe he'd have gone for Brighton when Potter left? Imagine he'd have wanted a longer stint at Celtic though.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Leicester maybe?

I wondered, but similar to Chelsea, it probably wouldn't be a smart move right now albeit for different financial reasons.

Still surprising to me that Everton never, so far as I know, took an interest in him, given he supported them. Part of the pattern of them being run terribly over the last few years, I guess.

From the daily heil so not linking but: 

'We are going for everything!': Eddie Howe insists Newcastle are ready to compete in the Champions League after moving up to third... and reveals discussions over his summer budget have already taken place

Eddie Howe believes it is not too soon for Newcastle to compete in the Champions League given the ambition of the club, and admits a greater transfer budget has been discussed.

The head coach spent part of the squad’s recent break in Dubai working on a list of targets ahead of the summer, with three different scenarios identified depending on league finish.

Newcastle are currently third in the Premier League and bookmakers have them as odds-on to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

Howe has been guarded on such talk, at least in public, but says all eventualities are being considered internally - the alternatives being the Europa League and Conference League or, in the worst case, failure to qualify for Europe.

But when asked if he agreed with the theory of the Champions League being too soon in Newcastle’s journey, Howe said: ‘It would be dangerous for me to say that to anyone (it is too soon). We want to achieve whatever we can and push as hard as we can.

Eddie Howe insisted that his Newcastle side are ready to compete in the Champions League

The Magpies find themselves within the top four after beating Man United 2-0 on Sunday

‘There is no part of us that is trying to keep anything down, that goes against my internal beliefs. We are going for everything. I never put a ceiling on what the team can deliver.

‘We’re on a mission to try and win and to achieve and be the best we can be. I’ve sensed that from the players this season. There is a real inner determination, a steel that we are not here to waste time. We need that to unite us right to the end of the season.’

Howe has long since stressed that Newcastle are restricted by Financial Fair Play, having spent £250million on new players over three transfer windows under Saudi-led ownership. A top-four finish, however, would allow for a much greater budget.

‘That would be an outcome, yes,’ said Howe. ‘I can’t think about the outcome, I have to think about how we get there. 

'That is what we’re working towards. But definitely, where we finish, that will dictate to a large part of what we can and can’t do in the summer.’

Howe revealed that talks with Newcastle chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan (L) and director Amanda Stavely (R) over an increased transfer budget have already begun

He added: ‘I think we need all eventualities covered so we’re not behind the curve, depending on what happens. We’re in the process of doing all that work now.

‘There is a huge amount of work for us to do (in the summer), on every level. Football never stands still. The teams competing with us will all try and do the same thing. 

We need to be smart with what we do and we are on a journey that is accelerating very quickly, and we need to match that with our decision making.

‘I think we’re aligned all through the football club (on ambition). There is a big determination to do as well as we can, in the short term and the long term.’

Edited by Smal

On 07/03/2023 at 17:29, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Fear not! Looks like Howe hasn't quite managed to kick the streaky habit.

In our League 1 promotion season (12/13) we got near the top of the table (from the relegation zone when he took over), then promptly lost five on the trot before going on a winning run again.

Screenshot_2023-03-07-17-24-48-81_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.thumb.jpg.1b6e048ac57e4a2128ffee82261d3211.jpg

Then in our Championship promotion season (14/15), we went top and then suddenly went five matches without a win only to turn it around again.

Screenshot_2023-03-07-17-26-45-99_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.thumb.jpg.4fa6c1706c40b83972a5b1f942482104.jpg

There are examples from other seasons as well. Given how it works, expect to go on a winning run shortly and drag yourselves back into the top four.

Good luck!

It's a genuinely weird habit. I can imagine it drives Howe up the wall as in logical terms it's inexplicable really. Still, you're in the good part now.