Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Well, any manager in the league would get criticism for taking a 1-0 lead, 11 vs. 10 and dropping all three points. Howe is and has been fantastic for us and will continue to be so IMO. That doesn’t mean that this is not a shit result and performance. I thought we looked sluggish from the start tbh, low tempo and bad passes all over the place. Didn’t get any better after the subs and to top it off Botman is injured. A really, really bad day at the office. 

Like others said, a moment to learn from but he is no doubt in my mind the man who deserves to be here for the long haul and at least see how this season pans out.

Edited by Amir_9

9 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Shouldn't really post so soon after the disappointment of watching that, but to move to the next level and win trophies we are going to need an elite coach and I'm not at all convinced that we have one. 

Get tae absolute fuck 

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Almost scored 2, awful. :lol:

Fucking hell.

ALMOST scored:lol: gerrrrriiiinn three wonderful points today

he's awful and should've been off earlier. In fact he shouldn't have started.

He's shite and always has been bar those two months last year.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Bed-wetters out in force.

This is fucking boring. We haven't won a trophy since 1969, a domestic one since 1955, it's embarrassing and appalling that we have been a bunch of losers for so long.  I'm pissed off that he club that I have started watching in 1970 still hasn't made the step up and won something. The match today is just another illustration that when it matters and it all matters we fuck it up.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

ALMOST scored:lol: gerrrrriiiinn three wonderful points today

he's awful and should've been off earlier. In fact he shouldn't have started.

He's shite and always has been bar those two months last year.

How fucking dare he do more than the majority of the team :lol:

He wasn't the problem today.

Edited by Aiston

7 minutes ago, LV said:

Where are you when we are winning? 

He's nowhere to be seen. A gutless coward who turns up to say 'I told you so', on the rare occasion we lose a game.

Most people will be gutted after today's kick in the nuts, but he's here getting his kicks. 

Edited by UncleBingo

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

This is fucking boring. We haven't won a trophy since 1969, a domestic one since 1955, it's embarrassing and appalling that we have been a bunch of losers for so long.  I'm pissed off that he club that I have started watching in 1970 still hasn't made the step up and won something. The match today is just another illustration that when it matters and it all matters we fuck it up.

Here he is 

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Apart from when we qualified for the champions league a couple of  months ago. You really apparat to be a miserable person.

Just now, Away Toon said:

Sorry, which trophy were we playing for today?

Post-match adrenaline overpowering the other senses a bit here.  The trophy drought pisses us all off, but NUFC aren’t winning the PL this season - nor were they likely to before today.  Howe’s got us back up amongst it - and while I think today was one of those days where Howe got a few things wrong, I think he’s proven he’ll get the vast majority of things right. 

My honest take is that we weren't capable of finishing it off or seeing it out, we seemed to be in limbo/treading water from about the 30th minute.

Their first goal I thought should have been saved, and the second was a silly lost ball and then bounces off his arse... a joke!

All in all we were poor. Against 10 men we should have rinsed them but weren't up to it.

Let's see how we react against brighton. 

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

We're 18 months into a long term project and well ahead of schedule. 

Get some sort of grip on reality or take up another sport.

Watching the Amazon doc, Eddie said that the starting lineup resets after every game and is decided by how well players train, or at least thats how the players should see it. It seems like some of our pedestrian performances from our pretty much guaranteed starting 11 is a case of them taking their place for granted? I don't know. 

His post match interview will be interesting.

Not as baffling as the high line 5-1 loss to Spurs, but not far off. I really have no idea what we were thinking there. At 1-0 Liverpool will always get chances, to seemingly sit on that scoreline and not go for the jugular is suicide.

Edited by Kid Icarus