Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I love Eddie and he won’t be going anywhere soon. He is part of the family now. We are ahead of our curve thanks to him. I actually feel relieved (yes disappointed too) that our not quite good enough, nor deep enough injury ridden squad is not fighting on four fronts anymore. We can consolidate, focus on the league and cups, get a few in in January and hopefully onwards and upwards :indi:

2 hours ago, BullyDogs said:

General hypothetic question here seeing as we were very interested in him before appointing Howe but would anyone swap Emery for him and do we think Emery would have done any better in the same space of time and further on?

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

Surely you jest, sir.

1 hour ago, BullyDogs said:

as in the post it is hypothetical 

I appreciate that, but given what Eddie has achieved over the last 2 years, from such a desperate starting point, the idea that anyone else could have done better is unthinkable to me.

Emery has proved himself to be a fine manager, but Eddie has overachieved in a way that I had thought impossible. At the time when he took over, anyone who had said that 18 months later we'd be in the Champions League would have been visited by the men in white coats.

44 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This always seems to be the response. True no one is flat out saying to get rid, but why are we even talking about his job?

A few people (who also never said they wanted rid or anything approaching that) started sexting about how ruthless Yassir Al-Rumayyan is

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

A few people (who also never said they wanted rid or anything approaching that) started sexting about how ruthless Yassir Al-Rumayyan is

Yeah I’m not saying in any way he should go

jusy think they would be ruthless

I don't understand the kamikaze attacking when it was 1-1. We were never going to win the CL but could have gone far in the EL. It was like a blackjack player twisting on 20 hoping to get the ace.

Just now, Beth said:

I don't understand the kamikaze attacking when it was 1-1. We were never going to win the CL but could have gone far in the EL. It was like a blackjack player twisting on 20 hoping to get the ace.

We didn't spend all of last season trying to get into the Champions League to settle for the Europa. I would much rather my team lose while do everything they can to progress, then to settle for mediocrity and the Europa.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

We didn't spend all of last season trying to get into the Champions League to settle for the Europa. I would much rather my team lose while do everything they can to progress, then to settle for mediocrity and the Europa.

Well I'd rather be in the EL than nothing, and that's the best we can relistically hope for for next season now.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

This is Pardew level thinking. Fortunately our current manager doesn’t think this way.

Eddie would be (rightly) getting ripped today if we shut up shop at 1-1 to hold on for a draw.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

Respectfully disagree 

I love we tried to get through, it’s the sort of mentality that we need if we’re going to have success going forward. In situations like that, play to win. 

You are always a funny draw away from a deep run, all it takes is a few favourites not to win their group - just look at the two halves of the CL knockout draw last season. 

10 minutes ago, Beth said:

Low ambition mentality. Strive to be the best we can be is our new mantra and I love it.

The hell for leatherness was fine by me, it was the naivety when they were countering for their second that was a problem. Schar flew too close to the sun and then Isak for some reason didn't bring their player down, then Dubravka imo should have saved it. 

Eddie's philosophy is to attack games we are winning. It works 9/10 and is the reason why we batter so many sides. We are the most ruthless Newcastle side I've seen in this regard.

Yesterday was a day it didn't work.  Get a fucking grip of yourselves man. :lol: 

The reason it doesn't work has nowt to do with naivety but because

1 We are playing elite level sides, with ruthless attackers

2 The current 11 are absolutely knackered 

3 We've got very little on the bench to tweak things tactically

Going forwards, we will put sides to the sword in Europe but it won't have anything to do with our manager changing his philosophy but because we will continue to grow our squad and because we wont have this level of injuries.

Just now, STM said:

Eddie's philosophy is to attack games we are winning. It works 9/10 and is the reason why we batter so many sides. We are the most ruthless Newcastle side I've seen in this regard.

Yesterday was a day it didn't work.  Get a fucking grip of yourselves man. :lol: 

The reason it doesn't work has nowt to do with naivety but because

1 We are playing elite level sides, with ruthless attackers

2 The current 11 are absolutely knackered 

3 We've got very little on the bench to tweak things tactically

Going forwards, we will put sides to the sword in Europe but it won't have anything to do with our manager changing his philosophy but because we will continue to grow our squad and because we wont have this level of injuries.

Great take 

7 minutes ago, tgarve said:

We’re 4 points off 5th which will get champions league 

It probably won't though, due to us and Man U going out early. Spain will definitely get one of the two extra spots and it looks like Germany or Italy will get the other, unless City and Arsenal both get to the final.

9 minutes ago, tgarve said:

We’re 4 points off 5th which will get champions league 

Don’t think it will. Us and Man U going straight out puts a big hole in the coefficient boat. Germany, Italy and Spain are ahead in the current rankings 

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

It probably won't though, due to us and Man U going out early. Spain will definitely get one of the two extra spots and it looks like Germany or Italy will get the other, unless City and Arsenal both get to the final.

It's far from settled. City should go far and there will be three English teams in the Europe League knockouts + one in the Conference that should do well.