Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I'm all for going strong, but there's a line where it's wilfully suicidal. That line for me is knowing his history and starting Wilson when he's just played on Saturday, and with Isak also out injured. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm all for going strong, but there's a line where it's wilfully suicidal. That line for me is knowing his history and starting Wilson when he's just played on Saturday, and with Isak also out injured. 

Isak isn't definitely out!

1 hour ago, 54 said:

100th match in charge for this beautiful bastard tomorrow. :aww:

His record is rather good...

Howe's 99 games: 50W, 25L, 24D

Bruce's 97 + Jones 3 games: 27W, 44L, 27D 

2 hours ago, WideopenMag said:

Close to full strength without Tino, Gordon and Bruno? Bruno has to play man.

I the college dropout would bench those. 

Eddie Howe is loathe to rotate as we know.  But I reckon he goes close to full strength with one or two on the bench. Probably Gordon who def needs it or Livra as we have options back for LB. Howe is starting Bruno aye. 

34 minutes ago, 54 said:

His record is rather good...

Howe's 99 games: 50W, 25L, 24D

Bruce's 97 + Jones 3 games: 27W, 44L, 27D 

Wait, that’s not real is it? 50% win record if we lose or draw tomorrow? Incredible… genuinely, that is so impressive.

20 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Considering he's used a lot of the same players and inherited the mess that was left behind seems a pretty fair comparison tbh. Not suprised Howe steamrolls Stevie Bacon even though he scraped 2 mid table finishes.

You can Gloss over(or ignore) the almost €500m spent on transfer fees in 3 windows if you like. 

Howe is incredible and the job he has done has been great.  None of it is possible without the takeover. That’s the before and after of the most significance. 

Steve Bruce was manager of a bigger Crystal Palace and that was probably above his ceiling. Howe is manager of Man City with a speedometer. It’s an entirely different proposition

I don’t get the “ongoing” groin injury but he might play. Groin problems are shit. Only thing that helps short term is to rest and allow it to recover and then carefully build some load. Obviously depends on how severe it is. He could barely run in the last game so I don’t see how it’s suddenly good enough to handle intense sprints. He might be able to play through the pain but it’s only gonna get worse without a decent rest. With groin injuries it’s so easy to “I think it might be ok I’ll try” only to damage it more. If we are to take the words like literally. 

Edited by Ikon

26 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You can Gloss over(or ignore) the almost €500m spent on transfer fees in 3 windows if you like. 

Howe is incredible and the job he has done has been great.  None of it is possible without the takeover. That’s the before and after of the most significance. 

Steve Bruce was manager of a bigger Crystal Palace and that was probably above his ceiling. Howe is manager of Man City with a speedometer. It’s an entirely different proposition

Simply not true. We were owned by a billionaire, just a ridiculous tight-fisted billionaire.

We've not spent anything yet that we couldn't have spent under Ashley. You could make an argument about the ability to attract the calibre of player, but the money is such a non-factor at this stage. There may yet come a time we bankroll our way to victory, but it's not happened yet.

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Simply not true. We were owned by a billionaire, just a ridiculous tight-fisted billionaire.

We've not spent anything yet that we couldn't have spent under Ashley. You could make an argument about the ability to attract the calibre of player, but the money is such a non-factor at this stage. There may yet come a time we bankroll our way to victory, but it's not happened yet.

There have been huge changes in infrastructure and the internal behind the scenes team however. I’d be interested to see the balance sheet in that regard.

The work that Howe has done has been wonderful, but I imagine the army of analysts etc will also be a factor.

It’d be nice if the hydro pool started to pay for itself though 😂 confident it’s filled with acid at this point.

5 minutes ago, Fatwax said:

There have been huge changes in infrastructure and the internal behind the scenes team however. I’d be interested to see the balance sheet in that regard.

The work that Howe has done has been wonderful, but I imagine the army of analysts etc will also be a factor.

It’d be nice if the hydro pool started to pay for itself though 😂 confident it’s filled with acid at this point.

Fair point that I hadn't considered, I was talking entirely transfer fees but the behind the scenes improvement need taking into account too. 

20 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

He had us out of the relegation zone with an injured Trippier and Bruno on the bench…and Chris Wood up front. 

his first season was nothing short of witchcraft. Hope people don’t understate what an achievement it was.

We spent more money than any club in Europe in that window. Getting relegated after spending €130m on a squad that finished midtable the year before would have been a catastrophic failure.

Again, you can ignore their contributions if you like but Bruno and Trippier scored at least 3 match winning goals iirc in that run. Trippier and Wood started Howe’s first win. And the fact we could sign 2 active Brazil and England internationals is an indication of the direction the club is going. 

Howe did a great job by having us midtable and basically playing at CL level output for almost half a season. But staying up was no miracle. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We spent more money than any club in Europe in that window. Getting relegated after spending €130m on a squad that finished midtable the year before would have been a catastrophic failure.

Again, you can ignore their contributions if you like but Bruno and Trippier scored at least 3 match winning goals iirc in that run. Trippier and Wood started Howe’s first win. And the fact we could sign 2 active Brazil and England internationals is an indication of the direction the club is going. 

Howe did a great job by having us midtable and basically playing at CL level output for almost half a season. But staying up was no miracle. 

Let's not forget this was an unfit, unmotivated squad that hadn't won a game all season mind.

We limped into January, plenty of pundits and fans were getting stuck into signings such as Wood, Burn and Targett too.

15 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Sorry bro. But this is grade A bollocks. 

The sliding doors moment in our history is the takeover. That is the number 1 driver behind our recent success. Telling yourself anything else is a lie. 

Ashley was never going to spend the money. Ashley was never going to hire proper footballing people. Ashley would never try to hire Emery and he wouldn’t have hired Howe - Howe probably wouldn’t even take the job. Ashworth wouldn’t have taken the job. Eales etc. 

We have the second highest net spend in Europe I believe. I believe we have the highest wages to revenue ratio in the PL.

The considerable money we’ve spent means we should be in an upwards trajectory. The money is a huge factor in our success. It is the defining factor.  It is also why we have seemingly skilled and knowledgeable business and football people running the club. And why we now have a very good football manager and a pretty good squad too.  

We’ve spent close to €500m in 3 windows. We are bankrolling our way to victory my friend. Howe has us at 2x speed mind. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Let's not forget this was an unfit, unmotivated squad that hadn't won a game all season mind.

We limped into January, plenty of pundits and fans were getting stuck into signings such as Wood, Burn and Targett too.

If we didn’t stay up - Howe would’ve been sacked and the decision makers would have considered themselves to blame. 

Relegation after spending so much money would’ve been a catastrophic failure. The decision makers, the manager, the signings - serious errors would have been made. Staying up wasn’t a miracle man.  Finishing midtable  however was a great achievement.  Not a miracle either. 

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Sorry bro. But this is grade A bollocks. 

The sliding doors moment in our history is the takeover. That is the number 1 driver behind our recent success. Telling yourself anything else is a lie. 

Ashley was never going to spend the money. Ashley was never going to hire proper footballing people. Ashley would never try to hire Emery and he wouldn’t have hired Howe - Howe probably wouldn’t even take the job. Ashworth wouldn’t have taken the job. Eales etc. 

We have the second highest net spend in Europe I believe. I believe we have the highest wages to revenue ratio in the PL.

The considerable money we’ve spent means we should be in an upwards trajectory. The money is a huge factor in our success. It is the defining factor.  It is also why we have seemingly skilled and knowledgeable business and football people running the club. And why we now have a very good football manager and a pretty good squad too.  

We’ve spent close to €500m in 3 windows. We are bankrolling our way to victory my friend. Howe has us at 2x speed mind. 

Was never =/= could never.

Try reading next time, "bro".