Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

13 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I can restate it if you like - it's disingenuous to suggest there are no rotational options, when we have a wunderkind sitting on the bench for most all the game, and two knackered ones on the pitch who look world's away from being able to compete.

Do you genuinely believe that would make a difference?

17 minutes ago, midds said:

He absolutely deserves the chance to turn this around and get the club back on track but I'm not totally sure he's going to get that time. It's the nature of the performances that's the most worrying thing for me. We look a shadow of the side that people genuinely feared last season, we're lush to play against and have been for some time.

The intensity has (understandably) vanished, the edge we had, the momentum we generated have disappeared. We look a shambles at the back, CM get played through with simple passes and we can't seem to convert any chances even if we are on top in games. The whole thing just looks a big fucking mess every time we play atm. I know there's a lot of context and we've had some horrendous luck with injuries but that doesn't mask how bad it's been, you can only trot that out so often and for so long. 

I hope he stays but he needs some fucking performances, not necessarily results, pdq. Doing the same thing each week isn't fucking working, not addressing that is his biggest issue, it's not the fact we're getting dicked, it's how badly we're looking in the process

This is absolutely where it's at for me 

Just now, Donut said:

Now in the "top 4" with the bookies to get sacked. Ten Hag massive favourite, followed by good ol' Woy, Poch and then Howe. 

Surely not.

Bookies know fuck all, if he is sacked this season I’d lose interest in the club pretty swiftly.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Similar.

For me he gets another 18 months, I was going to say to turn it around but that sounds ridiculous. There is nothing to turnaround imo, we will come good if and when everyone is back and a quality RW is bought.

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

If Howe was sacked, how much would it cost to get Xabi Alonso out of Leverkusen? 

He'll be the next one Man Utd or (more likely) Chelsea throw a fortune at to recruit before chewing him up, spitting him out and sacking him 9-12 months later. They love the latest toys. FWIW, he seems class and I hope he at least doesn't end up at either of those.

The real disappointment is that during this difficult period, I don’t think anyone could point to something Howe has tried differently (and please call me out if you disagree!). There is simply no evidence of any tactical flexibility.

Hopefully he’ll reflect and act, because I don’t think simply waiting for players to recharge / getting a couple more bodies back and hoping it’ll all come together again, is tenable. 

Chronic lack of pace in midfield cost us big time today. Once they managed our early press and worked out where to counter attack us, they destroyed us with their pace in wide areas.

Miggy’s lack of a right foot and decision making was almost comical. Longstaff was ineffective (not match fit?).

Miley was our best midfielder, that should not happen.

Forest came out in the 2nd half, having refined where they needed to hit us and should have scored 4 in the next 25 minutes.

Howe lost tactically today, the better side won. We need a boost, the players lost belief far too quickly.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

For me he gets another 18 months, I was going to say to turn it around but that sounds ridiculous. There is nothing to turnaround imo, we will come good if and when everyone is back and a quality RW is bought.

He needs to be judged on results when he's got a full squad available. Not to say he's handled games as well as he could, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt with two fantastic years here.

The fans have lost belief too though. Cannot really blame the players for losing some too. We've had a pure hefty season and a good amount of bad luck. Our confidence has taken a real hit and it's evident.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He needs to be judged on results when he's got a full squad available. Not to say he's handled games as well as he could, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt with two fantastic years here.

Yep.

3 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

The real disappointment is that during this difficult period, I don’t think anyone could point to something Howe has tried differently (and please call me out if you disagree!). There is simply no evidence of any tactical flexibility.

Hopefully he’ll reflect and act, because I don’t think simply waiting for players to recharge / getting a couple more bodies back and hoping it’ll all come together again, is tenable. 

Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Exactly. Where this narrative of "turning things around" comes from I do not know. Turn around what? Rock-bottom to top 4 and still in the top 7 now. Poor form and results granted, especially away but now affecting our home fortress, the genesis of which is injuries and nuclear-level fatigue leading to low confidence and those poor results. I'll criticize him for a bit of naivety when it comes to the lack of rotation earlier which could be part of the overall shit recipe aye. Maybe he needs to evolve again but it's hard to judge without a full squad to work with.

The bloke has worked tirelessly to create an amazing culture and a squad unity rarely seen at the club. Don't managers get to have blips and bumps in the road anymore?

12 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

This is where it’s at for me as well - it seems teams now know how to play against us. We’ve been convincingly beaten by Everton, Luton and Forrest in recent weeks and I can still see us being on 29 points after at least 22 games, maybe more as the 2 after that are Luton and forest again. 

Edited by Gawalls