Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, ATB said:

Its just crazy. So so so bad. Not sure howe has it to take us to the next level.

So you know Pep, the so called best manager in the world right, that has unlimited resources, here are the amount of subs he's made over the last 5 Premier League games:

Newcastle - 3 Subs

Sheff United - 3 Subs 

Everton - 2 Subs

Crystal Palace - 1 Sub

Luton - 3 subs

So is he never going to make it to the "Next Level"?

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

You can bet your ass, that if Howe had made subs and we'd conceded a couple, people would be blaming Howe for bringing them on :lol: 

Loads of times this year we've not made subs and conceded goals to lose winning positions. 

Today it worked, but lots of times it hasn't and it's frustrating to see us keep doing the same things.

Should caveat this with me being a massive fan of Howe and certainly I'm not wanting him replaced or anything mad like that. Love the bloke, just want him to trust his subs more.

Just now, Chris_R said:

Loads of times this year we've not made subs and conceded goals to lose winning positions. 

Today it worked, but lots of times it hasn't and it's frustrating to see us keep doing the same things.

That would be cool and all, when we don't have 

*Checks Notes*

Dummet, Ritchie, Parkinson on the bench as options.

So wait there not long ago people were saying hall doesn't get a game as howe doesn't see him as a winger or a centre mid. But he's happy to put the right back tino at left wing right wing 😂. I'd ask to go back to Chelsea if I was him he was on his way out on loan when we came in.

12 minutes ago, ATB said:

Its just crazy. So so so bad. Not sure howe has it to take us to the next level.

*Narrator* Newcastle United ran out 2-0 winners away from home. 

Just now, andycap said:

So wait there not long ago people were saying hall doesn't get a game as howe doesn't see him as a winger or a centre mid. But he's happy to put the right back tino at left wing right wing 😂. I'd ask to go back to Chelsea if I was him he was on his way out on loan when we came in.

Maybe there's like a long term plan for him?

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

To the point a third of our goals conceded was 90th+ minutes wasn't it? :lol:

1 minute ago, 54 said:

That would be cool and all, when we don't have 

*Checks Notes*

Dummet, Ritchie, Parkinson on the bench as options.

And Hall.

And to be honest Dummet has never let us down, and even Ritchie hasn't looked out of place when he has been on.

I think Hall is the one that's most baffling though. Can only assume there's a problem there because it's refusing to use him is just strange and confusing.

Don't really care about not bringing on subs personally. I'm all in on the FA Cup this year.

More worrying for me is that we looked absolutely shite tonight against what was largely a backup Fulham team.

A lot of blaming of fatigue for our away performances this year but after a two week break we still looked exactly as we have done all season.

Delighted we're through of course but have come away from that feeling a bit flat.

The thing I find quite funny about this whole "Howe doesn't use his subs" thing, is that during the first 12 games of the season, Howe made 4 or more subs in 9 games.

1 Sub = 1 time

3 Subs = 2 times

4 Subs = 2 times

5 Subs = 7 times

It's clear Howe just doesn't like to put players on who he can't trust, which is fine :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We didn't bring subs on mate. Not good enough. :lol:

The subs:

image.png.0dc32e1de2f18b3a5249f48a7e4df665.png

Aye BuT he ShUdnt Evn NamE a bencH if hE WoNT mAke SuBS! 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We didn't bring subs on mate. Not good enough. :lol:

The subs:

image.png.0dc32e1de2f18b3a5249f48a7e4df665.png

I think for the most part people are suggesting subs are made as a means to get ahead of fatigue and injury crisis. 

I'm all for constructive criticism when it's justified but to have a pop tonight after we've breezed into the 5th round with another clean sheet is bonkers like. Leading 2-0 away from home against another PL team is rarely iced and done until late on, plus they've had a fortnight off and would probably benefit from minutes in the legs. Sure some people just want to moan for the sake of it regardless of what happens  

27 minutes ago, 54 said:

So you know Pep, the so called best manager in the world right, that has unlimited resources, here are the amount of subs he's made over the last 5 Premier League games:

Newcastle - 3 Subs

Sheff United - 3 Subs 

Everton - 2 Subs

Crystal Palace - 1 Sub

Luton - 3 subs

What even is the "Next Level" for Pep? 

Doing with a small budget I guess.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

I think for the most part people are suggesting subs are made as a means to get ahead of fatigue and injury crisis. 

Areet Legga! Hope you're doing well.

It's the more emotional posts about it I think are fair game for ribbing. Howe's in an unenviable position, imagine if he makes changes on 2-0 and we go on to lose, it's not unlikely either with the players available.

29 minutes ago, 54 said:

Newcastle - 3 Subs

Sheff United - 3 Subs 

Everton - 2 Subs

Crystal Palace - 1 Sub

Luton - 3 subs

I guess the counter argument would be that Pep doesn't need to manage fitness and fatigue to the same extent that Howe does, since he has an infinitely deep squad. Doesn't really matter if he runs players into the ground as he can switch them out when necessary.