Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

28 minutes ago, huss9 said:

after we'd been bombing on desperately/manically looking for a winner.

Yeah, we were back in numbers and Tino was done by a clever ball over the back. Would have been a bread and butter header away for the big man.

lTeh33Q.jpg

HoGGreo.jpg

f2oCYv4.jpg

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

With everyone fit/not suspended, do we reckon Barkley would get into our midfield?

Was seriously impressed with him yesterday and in recent weeks

Peak Barkley is/was v good.

Sadly his troughs are more consistent I think. 
Bit of an odd career for such a talented lad.

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Yeah, we were back in numbers and Tino was done by a clever ball over the back. Would have been a bread and butter header away for the big man.

lTeh33Q.jpg

HoGGreo.jpg

f2oCYv4.jpg

I didn't know that Burn is 5 meters tall.

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

With everyone fit/not suspended, do we reckon Barkley would get into our midfield?

Not a chance, I know he’s played well but our midfield is dysfunctional at present. Not many clubs can function with 4 central midfielders missing. 

Guest reefatoon
40 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

:lol: when have I ever tried to shutdown people down for pointing out the gap between defense and midfield?

Burn has had a bad week. This is what happens though, a hypothetical flaw gets pointed out, we go months or years before it breaks, and then at that point the flaw gets blown up.

Burn is obviously not the best fullback ever, but he's worked on our system well for about a year and a half. Thankfully most wingers are't Ogbene quick, and baily roasted our entire team, it wasn't just Burn.

Ogbene nearly scored the winner with Tino on the pitch too by the way...

Can you stop it with this sort of thing. We didn’t win, so the “all Eddie and Dans fault” train is in full motion again [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

look up the word "trajectory"

I'd have to see it in video instead of still images. Anyways, you seem to be forgetting that we already saw the left back upgrade being necessary before the season even started. It's not like he's been more than good enough for one and a half year, and now all of a sudden people are getting on his back for one bad performance. He has had good games aswell, but he's one of our most limited senior players (if not the most) if you judge him by the position he plays (left back). This leads to a lot of inconsistency when he is playing all the time regardless of opponent and situation. It's obvious that Livramento is an upgrade overall, despite the fact that Burn can sometimes win a header that Livramento can't. Because that ignores all other aspects of the game.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I'd have to see it in video instead of still images. Anyways, you seem to be forgetting that we already saw the left back upgrade being necessary before the season even started. It's not like he's been more than good enough for one and a half year, and now all of a sudden people are getting on his back for one bad performance. He has had good games aswell, but he's one of our most limited senior players (if not the most) if you judge him by the position he plays (left back). This leads to a lot of inconsistency when he is playing all the time regardless of opponent and situation. It's obvious that Livramento is an upgrade overall, despite the fact that Burn can sometimes win a header that Liuvramento can't. Becuase that ignores all other aspects of the game.

The "bread and butter for the big man" was tongue in cheek man :lol:

We need to upgrade Burn, I'm completely in the "we need a world class LB/LCB" camp.

Burn is in the side as we drop into a 3 though:

F9k062g.jpg

MpwdRmz.jpg

F9k062g.jpg

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I suppose this is where Howe might have to change the way we play. Probably next season now with the players we have available to close out the season.  

Do we get a more defensive minded DM to make that 3 at the back when in possession? Or do we go and get yet another left back who is capable of tucking in? Who would also hopefully get more protection from Big Joe/Little Joe/A New Midfielder. Perhaps a more balanced player with a view to not being so heavily reliant on Trippier playing as a right sided forward? :lol: 

Whatever we do. If we go into next season with Burn still as our first choice left back. Then that would leave a lot of fans, pundits and experts alike scratching their heads. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You didn’t call your company CEO a cunt, so as far as drunken bad moments go, it is still well behind my worst mate :) 

I think we need to hear this full story 😂

Howe understandably had a pass for the run of poor results due to the number injuries we had but with the likes of Wilson, Barnes, Livramento and Hall on the bench, that can’t be used as an excuse anymore.

If we have many more performances and results like that against teams batting relegation then I wouldn’t be surprised to see him replaced in the summer.

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

lTeh33Q.jpg

HoGGreo.jpg

f2oCYv4.jpg

Tino did nothing wrong there tbh. If he hadnt followed his guy in to the center he would have been alone in front of the goal. He then reacted fast to put pressure on the guy who Barnes wasnt back in time to cover.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

given I think we’d have done well to take a flyer on him for free (other thread) I don’t think he’d start if everyone was available. Bruno, Tonali, Willock, JL then Barkley for me. Miley, Longstaff Anderson after. Thing is, Barkley offers the technical aspect we don’t really have outside of a Bruno and Tonali. 

Just now, Displayname said:

Tino did nothing wrong there tbh. If he hadnt followed his guy in to the center he would have been alone in front of the goal. He then reacted fast to put pressure on the guy who Barnes wasnt back in time to cover.

But people are saying Ogbene was nulified when Burn went off pich which isn't true, there was a moment before this where he got down the byline and looked dangerous as well from memory.

I said at halftime Burn needed to come off, he was having a shocking game, but Ogbene was still causing problems after.

I think our biggest issue is the midfield and I'm not sure what he can do about it. 

Miley is brilliant technically but he lacks the physicality - expected at 18. Longstaff is an absolute passenger of late. I know he scored twice yesterday but he's slow, weak in the tackle, seems to constantly fall over when pressured and doesn't offer a lot. He looks miles off that midfielder with a great range of passing we saw when he broke through. 

Bruno isn't the most physical either and it shows with these two either side. Essentially, we look weak in midfield off the ball. Teams are able to play through us and find pockets of space between the lines.

I think Joelinton is the biggest miss out of them all this season unfortunately. I also think he protects Burn on the left too. He looks even more exposed with Miley ahead of him.

Edited by Doctor Zaius

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Yes, and end product is the reason. His versatility would be a massive plus as well

15 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

But people are saying Ogbene was nulified when Burn went off pich which isn't true, there was a moment before this where he got down the byline and looked dangerous as well from memory.

I said at halftime Burn needed to come off, he was having a shocking game, but Ogbene was still causing problems after.

A player can be mostly nullified while still having a half chance, which has been caused by the entire defence being dragged infield. The only way he scores that is by hitting it across Dubravka, which Tino's slide arguably covers. 

Ogbene was clearly a lot quieter when Burn went off, before that he was having a field day running with the ball, which didn't really happen at all with Tino on the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

A player can be mostly nullified while still having a half chance, which has been caused by the entire defence being dragged infield. The only way he scores that is by hitting it across Dubravka, which Tino's slide arguably covers. 

Ogbene was clearly a lot quieter when Burn went off, before that he was having a field day running with the ball, which didn't really happen at all with Tino on the pitch. 

But I'm having to point put basic things because people are being so absurdly over the top about how bad Burn is, and how much he gets exposed by pacy wingers.

Same as how Bailey terrorised our midfield and backline, but Burn has been highlighted as the problem. 

The ammount of space Ogbene was in at times wasn't fully down to Burn.

Guest reefatoon
27 minutes ago, Andy said:

A player can be mostly nullified while still having a half chance, totally agree with you there, but you said he was anonymous originally, which wasn’t true as he had that good chance (wasn’t a half chance either, again that’s adding extra words like “anonymous” to make more of a point that isn’t really true).

Also think Barnes helped that side an awful lot too as they had to think about covering him as he was much more attack minded and threatening than either Murphy or Almiron were. That also slowed their attacks down that side.